'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak  (Read 40146 times)

BM1090

• All American
Noskowiak
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:01:58 PM »
Obviously it looks like Marquette dodged a bit of a bullet, but that shouldn't matter at this point. Really hope that he can figure his life out and get on the right path. More important things at stake here than basketball. Not good at all.

Travis Hines ‏@TravisHines21 11m11 minutes ago

ISU's N.Noskowiak has been charged w/ multiple offenses recently in Wis., including OWI & recklessly endangering safety (felony) per records

http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-noskowiak-facing-multiple-charges-wisconsin

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Noskowiak
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »
Wow.  Not good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 04:12:46 PM »
Wow.  Not good.

+1

NN has a lot of real and serious problems.  I hope he figures it out.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »
I feel bad for the kid, but this seems to be the difference between a brent recruit and a Wojo recruit.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »
I feel bad for the kid, but this seems to be the difference between a brent recruit and a Wojo recruit.

No need to take it there. Wojo worked hard to get him to recommit after he got the job. No one really knew the extent of NN's issues until they surfaced last year.

I just hope Nick can get it figured out, regardless of if basketball is part of that.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
No need to take it there. Wojo worked hard to get him to recommit after he got the job. No one really knew the extent of NN's issues until they surfaced last year.

I just hope Nick can get it figured out, regardless of if basketball is part of that.

Nailed it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 05:28:43 PM »
Very sad.  Every opportunity in life.  I sincerely hopes he squares things up soon.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 05:31:45 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hd3oqvnDKQk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hd3oqvnDKQk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vt1Pwfnh5pc?list=RDvt1Pwfnh5pc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vt1Pwfnh5pc?list=RDvt1Pwfnh5pc</a>

Death on call

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vt1Pwfnh5pc?list=RDvt1Pwfnh5pc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vt1Pwfnh5pc?list=RDvt1Pwfnh5pc</a>
A shame in general but if you're correct he's going to need a lot of internal and external strength.  That's an exceptionally dark hole.  Hope he comes out.

**That Cash cover is one of the best and least expected covers ever

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
A shame in general but if you're correct he's going to need a lot of internal and external strength.  That's an exceptionally dark hole.  Hope he comes out.

**That Cash cover is one of the best and least expected covers ever

The NN story is tragic. What a waste.

Death on call

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 07:32:30 PM »
Obviously it looks like Marquette dodged a bit of a bullet, but that shouldn't matter at this point. Really hope that he can figure his life out and get on the right path. More important things at stake here than basketball. Not good at all.

Travis Hines ‏@TravisHines21 11m11 minutes ago

ISU's N.Noskowiak has been charged w/ multiple offenses recently in Wis., including OWI & recklessly endangering safety (felony) per records

http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basketball-noskowiak-facing-multiple-charges-wisconsin

Yes, there are lot of things more important than basketball.  Today we see a lot of young people taken down early in life....very sad.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 07:42:58 PM »
Really tough to hear a kid going through so much. Hopefully he can get himself sorted out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:18 PM »
But wait, how csn this happen to a traditional.  ::) All joking aside really hopes he figures out the things he needs to.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »
Yes, there are lot of things more important than basketball.  Today we see a lot of young people taken down early in life....very sad.

When in God's name did some of these hard drugs become so vogue? I am far from a prude and I have guzzled my share of alcohol but I have never understood the appeal of opioids and amphetamines.

Death on call

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 07:47:08 PM »
The NN story is tragic. What a waste.

Tragic? Why? Because he can put a ball through a hoop? Ridiculous. He's an idiot.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
I have never understood the appeal of opioids and amphetamines.

Have you ever had them? They make you feel invincible, which is why athletes love them. I can easily see why people get addicted.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
When in God's name did some of these hard drugs become so vogue? I am far from a prude and I have guzzled my share of alcohol but I have never understood the appeal of opioids and amphetamines.

A lot of it has come from the overprescription of meds to kids. From adderall and stimulants for focus to oxycodone for painkillers, kids are being prescribed more and more meds at a younger age. The problem is when the script runs out they still want to chase the high.

We've seen a massive spike in heroin over the past 3-4 years. Much of that is attributed to the availability of oxycodone and percocet. Not just for kids, but for the general population. But with kids, they get the prescription, then it runs out, they want to chase the high but getting an oxy or perc runs $20-30 per tablet. Heroin, on the other hand, is $5-10 for a bag and hits with a lot more oomph.

Kids can afford the cheaper high and drug dealers are realizing this market. And while some want to go for coke or other stimulants to replace the adderall/ritalin they were on, the price of coke has gone way up in the past decade or so, so instead they just go for the opiates. It never ceases to amaze me how many kids that are clearly from the suburbs end up overdosing in some of Milwaukee's worst neighborhoods. It's absolutely tragic.

Then when you add in all of the cuts to MPD from the Mayor and Police Chief...MPD pretty much doesn't even have a drug task force anymore. Dealers target script addicts and the police have been neutered in our city. I'm sure it's not just here, but it's very evident in Milwaukee, which makes it all easy to get across Southeastern Wisconsin.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 07:57:26 PM »
Tragic? Why? Because he can put a ball through a hoop? Ridiculous. He's an idiot.

If the insinuations here are accurate, NN deserves our sympathy not our insults. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 07:58:16 PM »

The tragedy has nothing to do with his athletic ability. I am looking at a young man who is throwing his life away.

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 08:11:07 PM »
A lot of it has come from the overprescription of meds to kids. From adderall and stimulants for focus to oxycodone for painkillers, kids are being prescribed more and more meds at a younger age. The problem is when the script runs out they still want to chase the high.

We've seen a massive spike in heroin over the past 3-4 years. Much of that is attributed to the availability of oxycodone and percocet. Not just for kids, but for the general population. But with kids, they get the prescription, then it runs out, they want to chase the high but getting an oxy or perc runs $20-30 per tablet. Heroin, on the other hand, is $5-10 for a bag and hits with a lot more oomph.

Kids can afford the cheaper high and drug dealers are realizing this market. And while some want to go for coke or other stimulants to replace the adderall/ritalin they were on, the price of coke has gone way up in the past decade or so, so instead they just go for the opiates. It never ceases to amaze me how many kids that are clearly from the suburbs end up overdosing in some of Milwaukee's worst neighborhoods. It's absolutely tragic.

Then when you add in all of the cuts to MPD from the Mayor and Police Chief...MPD pretty much doesn't even have a drug task force anymore. Dealers target script addicts and the police have been neutered in our city. I'm sure it's not just here, but it's very evident in Milwaukee, which makes it all easy to get across Southeastern Wisconsin.

We have had a lot of heroin mixed with fentanyl lately.    Personally run on over a half-dozen cases in the last year of users nearly in cardiac arrest brought back with narcan.    Then they usually come out of it pissed that we are there.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 08:18:01 PM »
Don't know the insinuations. Guy has had multiple chance already to turn his life around. Worst part about it is he accused his dad of abuse, which seems to be a lie. Multiple chances to get back on his high school team and MU stood by his side until the very end. Then he's open and all these major schools go after him again. Guy has more perspective than most kids his age and he still making childish mistakes. Strikes me as a punk ass who thinks he's above most. Honestly, if he wasn't a player he'd just be another kid out of high school making bad decisions. Plenty other kids truly born into tragic situations that deserve people's attention. Look no further than the city of Milwaukee.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2015, 08:32:42 PM »
Character revealed

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2015, 08:35:08 PM »
Don't know the insinuations. Guy has had multiple chance already to turn his life around. Worst part about it is he accused his dad of abuse, which seems to be a lie. Multiple chances to get back on his high school team and MU stood by his side until the very end. Then he's open and all these major schools go after him again. Guy has more perspective than most kids his age and he still making childish mistakes. Strikes me as a punk ass who thinks he's above most. Honestly, if he wasn't a player he'd just be another kid out of high school making bad decisions. Plenty other kids truly born into tragic situations that deserve people's attention. Look no further than the city of Milwaukee.
How about recognizing he has issues and showing some damn gratitude that you don't have the same issues??? Holier than thou bullsh*t you're spewing
No Finish Line

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2015, 08:36:10 PM »
I hope he can pull it together.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback