[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108628 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #950 on: January 10, 2016, 08:18:36 PM »
AZ rolls next weekend.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #951 on: January 10, 2016, 08:20:06 PM »
AZ rolls next weekend.

Well yeah.  The Packers didn't solve their issues today.  It was just the worst opponent they played since Oakland.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #952 on: January 10, 2016, 08:27:02 PM »
I think the Pack can hang tough next weekend. Don't like the short week combined with traveling from one end of the country to the other.

Teams have a way of figuring some things out after getting trounced not long prior. Gonna have to pound it on the ground.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #953 on: January 10, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
Commit to the run and don't put your defense in bad positions and you can compete with AZ. Keep it close and give yourself a chance down the stretch.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #954 on: January 10, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »
<a href="http://youtu.be/e/8VNtiePbzAM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtu.be/e/8VNtiePbzAM</a>
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #955 on: January 10, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
<a href="http://youtu.be/e/8VNtiePbzAM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtu.be/e/8VNtiePbzAM</a>

Whatever this is isn't working for me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #956 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
It will be closer this time, but still expect Arizona to win by 7 points or more.  Washington is that pedestrian.  Of course anything can happen in any game, but I suspect GBP will have a tough time with Arizona's pressure.  Of course, that probably means they will screen them to death.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #957 on: January 10, 2016, 10:17:33 PM »
I will admit that I'd rather the Panthers be playing the Packers than the Seahawks next week, so I was pulling for the Queens. But whatever. Gotta beat good teams to win a championship, and the Panthers will do just that next week, the week after that and then in SB50.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #958 on: January 10, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »
I will admit that I'd rather the Panthers be playing the Packers than the Seahawks next week, so I was pulling for the Queens. But whatever. Gotta beat good teams to win a championship, and the Panthers will do just that next week, the week after that and then in SB50.

If they go that far, you going?  I'll be in San Jose....I'll buy you a beer.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #959 on: January 10, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »

brandx

« Reply #960 on: January 10, 2016, 11:42:43 PM »

Even though I told you we'd win the next time we played? 8-)

But getting back to reality, I didn't even think we could beat Washington going into the game today. But, hopefully, we'll have more than one healthy OL for the Arizona game and avoid being sacked 9 times.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #961 on: January 11, 2016, 05:00:38 AM »
Commit to the run and don't put your defense in bad positions and you can compete with AZ. Keep it close and give yourself a chance down the stretch.

agree with your 2nd statement, but i think this time, their passing game set up the run.  in the 1st half, we threw the ball ~28 times to 9 runs approx. very UN-mccarthy-esque
don't...don't don't don't don't

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #962 on: January 11, 2016, 07:26:57 AM »
It's on Lewis for keeping guys like Burfict and Jones on the team.

That could easily have been a paralyzing hit on Antonio Brown. Hopefully it will be a long, long, suspension. He has a history of dirty play.

The Burfict penalty was justified, the guy was in some sort of roid rage for most of the game.  Football players get into a crazy zone and stay there for long periods of time in ways that I can't understand. 

The Pacman Jones penalty was BS, IMO.  Agree he has to be smarter than that, but what's a Steelers coach doing on the field mixing with the Bengals players?  That should have been offsetting penalties.  It would have been a 47 yard FGA, good chance he makes it anyway. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #963 on: January 11, 2016, 08:21:21 AM »
If they go that far, you going?  I'll be in San Jose....I'll buy you a beer.

I wish, Chicos -- on both fronts. I wish I had the coin to go, and I wish I could let you buy me a beer!

Go Panthers!

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #964 on: January 11, 2016, 08:56:38 AM »
The Skins basically dared the Packers to throw with base defensive sets. The move to Cobb in a traditional set w/ Kuhn at FB gave this offense a bit of diversity for a change. The Cards are built to stop teams like ours - strong against the pass and have a LB/DB hybrid in Buchanon that can line up in any set. The only chance I see is to move to 2-TE sets and let our guys try to outbody them inside. You feel good about that? Me either....

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #965 on: January 11, 2016, 04:02:00 PM »
4 team money line parlay: Chiefs,  Steelers,  Minny,  and the Pack,  pays about 15-1.

You are welcome.

So close.
Ludum habemus.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #966 on: January 11, 2016, 06:05:13 PM »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #967 on: January 11, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
About 78 feet
no way it was THAT far left!

Props to you for the parlay

tower912

• All American
« Reply #968 on: January 11, 2016, 07:47:03 PM »
no way it was THAT far left!

Props to you for the parlay

78 feet = 26 yards.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #969 on: January 11, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
78 feet = 26 yards.
I was referring to the distance from the left post to where the ball passed, not from the kick to the cross bar.

Doesn't mean the following conversation wasn't super painful:
9yr old son:  awesome for you Dad, Vikes win!  (he's a Chief's fan)
Me:  Still need to make this
Wife:  What was his name?  Tommy Anderson?
Me:  GARY!  and why are we having this conversation??!!?  (pre marriage we watched that game together and i just left the apartment 20 seconds after the miss and didn't return for 5 hours)
*shocking miss left*
Wife:  Oh s@!t!  Sorry for the language but boys, move away from your Dad right now.
Me:  I'm fine.....I'm older, more mature, and used to it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #970 on: January 11, 2016, 09:22:56 PM »
Even though I told you we'd win the next time we played? 8-)

But getting back to reality, I didn't even think we could beat Washington going into the game today. But, hopefully, we'll have more than one healthy OL for the Arizona game and avoid being sacked 9 times.

I'd be happy to play the Pack again. It means my lads beat the Seahawks!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #971 on: January 11, 2016, 10:32:33 PM »

Wife:  Oh s@!t!  Sorry for the language but boys, move away from your Dad right now.

Sounds like what my wife told our girls when MU would lose a heart breaker.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #972 on: January 12, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »
About 78 feet

The Steelers win was just as improbable. Those things usually even out when you make a bad bet.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #973 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:25 AM »
Sounds like what my wife told our girls when MU would lose a heart breaker.

When the ball went through Buckner's legs in 1986 to blow game 6 (Keep in mind that 10-12 minutes earlier when the Red Sox were up 2 runs with 2 outs and nobody on I pulled the best bottle of champagne I could afford on my meager salary out of the fridge ready to pop it and said to my wife of just over a year "Even the Red Sox can't blow this one!")  After the loss, I told my wife I had to go, stormed out of the third floor of our rental and walked the mile and a half to Beardsley Park and wandered the park swearing my head off until I returned home around 5 AM.  My wife was wondering around then what she had gotten herself into.  She loves telling that story and I'm much better now about such things.

Never opened that friggin' bottle of champagne.  Gave it away a week later.

My condolensces to Vikings fans.  I don't think a day will go by for the rest of that kicker's life where he won't at some point remember that kick and feel a little sick.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #974 on: January 12, 2016, 07:55:55 AM »
When the ball went through Buckner's legs in 1986 to blow game 6 (Keep in mind that 10-12 minutes earlier when the Red Sox were up 2 runs with 2 outs and nobody on I pulled the best bottle of champagne I could afford on my meager salary out of the fridge ready to pop it and said to my wife of just over a year "Even the Red Sox can't blow this one!")  After the loss, I told my wife I had to go, stormed out of the third floor of our rental and walked the mile and a half to Beardsley Park and wandered the park swearing my head off until I returned home around 5 AM.  My wife was wondering around then what she had gotten herself into.  She loves telling that story and I'm much better now about such things.

Never opened that friggin' bottle of champagne.  Gave it away a week later.

My condolensces to Vikings fans.  I don't think a day will go by for the rest of that kicker's life where he won't at some point remember that kick and feel a little sick.

CT,
Back in '86, you were just fitting in with the rest of the characters in Beardsley Park. 

In the late 90's I lived for awhile near Beardsley Park also.  I was about 1/2 mile.