collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108558 times)

brandx

Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #400 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:44 PM »
The concept of cameras and media in a locker room has never sat well with me.  Granted, most pro locker rooms have both "public" and "private" areas, but you knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened sparking outcry from Mrs. Lovejoy et al.

Whatever.  It's nudity.  So what.

Wilmore had a great take on this last night. "Butts and dongs everywhere".

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #401 on: October 20, 2015, 10:07:44 PM »
The concept of cameras and media in a locker room has never sat well with me.  Granted, most pro locker rooms have both "public" and "private" areas, but you knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened sparking outcry from Mrs. Lovejoy et al.

Whatever.  It's nudity.  So what.

In my view it should be equal....let the male reporters in with the female athletes and vice versa.

Why the double standards and hypocrisy?  If not, then neither side should allow it.  We're all equal and all....supposedly.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #402 on: October 20, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »
In my view it should be equal....let the male reporters in with the female athletes and vice versa.

Why the double standards and hypocrisy?  If not, then neither side should allow it.  We're all equal and all....supposedly.

You are right.  We, as white males, are so discriminated against in this world/country.  Such giant obstacles for us to overcome.  Victims of racism and sexism all at once, as white males.

::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2015, 11:08:44 PM »
You are right.  We, as white males, are so discriminated against in this world/country.  Such giant obstacles for us to overcome.  Victims of racism and sexism all at once, as white males.

and we've shown such great restraint in not acting on our biological urges.  our track record of showing women respect should stand up for itself! 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #404 on: October 20, 2015, 11:38:45 PM »

Not the point.  Why the two standards?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #405 on: October 20, 2015, 11:40:47 PM »
and we've shown such great restraint in not acting on our biological urges.  our track record of showing women respect should stand up for itself!

Maybe this is just what we need, the emasculate men even more......

Again, why the two standards?   Man teacher hooks up with female student...very bad.  Female teacher hooks up with male student....DUDE, you scored.

So on and so forth.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2015, 12:41:47 AM »
Not the point.  Why the two standards?

Because of society's interpretation of sex, nudity, etc. As well as society's views on genders. It's probably inappropriate for a woman to be in a men's locker room. It's DEFINITELY inappropriate for a man to be in a women's locker room. I'm almost sure that would be the result of polls.

We aren't equal. You know that. I know that. Sure, most people don't want to admit it, but *most* people know it's true.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #407 on: October 21, 2015, 07:40:19 AM »
Oh my God...seriously Chicos???

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #408 on: October 21, 2015, 08:26:38 AM »
We aren't equal. You know that. I know that. Sure, most people don't want to admit it, but *most* people know it's true.

I agree with you - despite arguments to the contrary, men and women aren't treated equally. 

But if women want to move more toward equality, breaking down artificial distinctions might be a good place to start.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #409 on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:14 AM »
Because of society's interpretation of sex, nudity, etc. As well as society's views on genders. It's probably inappropriate for a woman to be in a men's locker room. It's DEFINITELY inappropriate for a man to be in a women's locker room. I'm almost sure that would be the result of polls.

Then let's stop the charade

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #410 on: October 21, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
Then let's stop the charade

Just because of the way we've currently constructed society to create differences between genders doesn't mean we should keep it that way.  Yes the genders are different but we could create a single standard if we wanted, we just haven't gotten up the gumption to do it yet.

In this case, media, regardless of gender shouldn't be in the locker rooms.  That serves no purpose.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brandx

« Reply #411 on: October 23, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »
Just read an article - Forte is the current Bear's only draft choice who has been signed to a 2nd contract. 1 guy!

Meanwhile, the three teams that have been the best about retaining their draft picks into multiple contracts are a combined 17-0.

Continuity is way, way under-rated. Both with players and coaches.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #412 on: October 23, 2015, 01:57:50 PM »
For the record, I was referring to "cameras and media" not "men or women."   Frankly, I don't care who sees who naked, and I don't care who sees me naked (though with respect to the latter, my condolences if you do)... my point being that I'm tired of nonsensical discussions and debates about nudity.  It's nudity.  Every one of us deals with it every day.  Except Chicos, who -my guess is - showers in the dark.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jesmu84

• All American

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #414 on: October 23, 2015, 11:19:14 PM »
Reason #48758 why Josh McDaniels is jackass with a Napoleon complex

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #415 on: October 24, 2015, 12:30:18 AM »
Oh my God...seriously Chicos???

NFL players OVERWHELMINGLY do not want women in the locker room after the game.  They want privacy.

Result.  TOO BAD. 

Female athletes don't want male reporters in the locker room after the game.  They want privacy.

Result.  OK

I'm just asking for a little consistency here.  Why the double standards? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #416 on: October 24, 2015, 12:39:45 AM »
NFL players OVERWHELMINGLY do not want women in the locker room after the game.  They want privacy.

Result.  TOO BAD. 

Female athletes don't want male reporters in the locker room after the game.  They want privacy.

Result.  OK

I'm just asking for a little consistency here.  Why the double standards?

For someone who talks about how creepy it is to follow what people are doing by following their public posts on social media you sure are making a big fuss about being allowed into women's locker rooms.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #417 on: October 24, 2015, 12:44:24 AM »
No, actually I'm arguing the exact opposite.  Why are women allowed in men's locker rooms?

This isn't hard.  They don't want them in there, they want privacy....but apparently it doesn't matter.  Yet when the shoe is on the other foot....

Try to catch up, I don't want men in female locker rooms, nor do I want women in male locker rooms...and neither do the male players.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #418 on: October 24, 2015, 01:03:08 AM »

No, actually I'm arguing the exact opposite.  Why are women allowed in men's locker rooms?

This isn't hard.  They don't want them in there, they want privacy....but apparently it doesn't matter.  Yet when the shoe is on the other foot....

Try to catch up, I don't want men in female locker rooms, nor do I want women in male locker rooms...and neither do the male players.

Hmm. You're right, I'm having a hard time catching up. Originally you asked to "let the male reporters in with female athletes and vice versa." Now you "don't want men in female locker rooms, nor do [you] want women in male locker rooms." You are right. Hard to keep up with you chicos.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #419 on: October 24, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »
Hmm. You're right, I'm having a hard time catching up. Originally you asked to "let the male reporters in with female athletes and vice versa." Now you "don't want men in female locker rooms, nor do [you] want women in male locker rooms." You are right. Hard to keep up with you chicos.

I'm talking about equality.  Either let them both in, or none at all.  My example was just that...both in and vice versa...equality.  That was my point.  Clearly I didn't articulate it well.  Why is it that when the male athletes don't want female reporters in the locker room, it's an equal rights issue and preventing women from doing their job.  But when female athletes don't want male reporters in the locker room, well of course..duh.?

It's a very simple question, why can't some of you answer it?  Why the double standards?  Isn't the right to privacy by the male players in question also?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #420 on: October 24, 2015, 09:17:22 AM »
Just read an article - Forte is the current Bear's only draft choice who has been signed to a 2nd contract. 1 guy!

Meanwhile, the three teams that have been the best about retaining their draft picks into multiple contracts are a combined 17-0.

Continuity is way, way under-rated. Both with players and coaches.

Good stuff.  Even as a Packer fan my hope is that the Bears can begin a solid 'draft and develop' program here in Chicago.  Not sure Chicago fans can show the patience.  It doesn't happen in one cycle.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »
For the record, I was referring to "cameras and media" not "men or women."   Frankly, I don't care who sees who naked, and I don't care who sees me naked (though with respect to the latter, my condolences if you do)... my point being that I'm tired of nonsensical discussions and debates about nudity.  It's nudity.  Every one of us deals with it every day.  Except Chicos, who -my guess is - showers in the dark.
or a never nude like Tobias Fünke

brandx

« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2015, 11:16:18 AM »
I'm talking about equality.  Either let them both in, or none at all.  My example was just that...both in and vice versa...equality.  That was my point.  Clearly I didn't articulate it well.  Why is it that when the male athletes don't want female reporters in the locker room, it's an equal rights issue and preventing women from doing their job.  But when female athletes don't want male reporters in the locker room, well of course..duh.?

It's a very simple question, why can't some of you answer it?  Why the double standards?  Isn't the right to privacy by the male players in question also?

Somebody really needs to ask this question?

Pathetic - but considering the source, expected.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #423 on: October 24, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »

I've already answered this once.

Gender roles as determined by society. Perceived human sexuality. Implied differences in gender. Etc. Etc. Is it "right"? I don't know. But it would take literally decades to alter our culture and society enough to remove the stigmas and assignments that are inherently applied to men and women.

With your work history, I'm fairly sure you've interacted with players, coaches and obviously know some of their opinions with you making comments about players not wanting them in the locker rooms. What about the reporters? Have you any experience with them? What do they say?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #424 on: October 24, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
Chicos, are you sure that men aren't allowed in female locker rooms?  Because with a simple internet search, I have seen that this isn't the case.  Male reporters are allowed in WNBA locker rooms for instance.  The NCAA has the same access policy for men and women in the basketball tournament.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2013/04/putting-to-rest-the-myth-that-womens-teams-dont-let-male-reporters-into-the-locker-room/

So again, it is probably best that you play your white, male victimization card elsewhere.

feedback