collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108577 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2015, 03:44:45 PM »
Skol Vikings!

The CONSENSUS!!

Yup, the Consensus 2nd place finisher in the NFC North remains in 2nd place in the NFC North.

Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2015, 09:59:32 PM »
At the 2 minute warning, my Southside Chicago born-and-raised father-in-law says: "I tink dis is da worst game da Bears have ever played."

I responded that, sadly, it probably wasn't even in the bottom 10.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2015, 10:16:46 PM »
Yup, the Consensus 2nd place finisher in the NFC North remains in 2nd place in the NFC North.

As a Vodka man I wouldn't use that stuff to light my fire pit......but as a Viking's Man I'm pretty happy with a 2nd place NFC North finish this year.  With the D that is young, learning, but impressive (sans week 1) and an O that just lacks stability in the line (a BIG "just" that if rehab and a draft don't address will be an issue) I like our chances next year.

Being a Vikes fan this year is a LOT like being a Marquette fan.....couple of very sub par seasons, 2nd year coach that is looking at sustained success not quick fixes, really good incoming players/rookies/recruits, new facilities being built, and addressing systemic issues head on.  Like the Warriors, the pieces are in place to make a lot of noise in '17 and beyond.  But also, a lot could go wrong. 

IMHO both have found the right leader for the next 7-10 years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2015, 10:44:35 PM »
As a Vodka man I wouldn't use that stuff to light my fire pit......but as a Viking's Man I'm pretty happy with a 2nd place NFC North finish this year.  With the D that is young, learning, but impressive (sans week 1) and an O that just lacks stability in the line (a BIG "just" that if rehab and a draft don't address will be an issue) I like our chances next year.

Being a Vikes fan this year is a LOT like being a Marquette fan.....couple of very sub par seasons, 2nd year coach that is looking at sustained success not quick fixes, really good incoming players/rookies/recruits, new facilities being built, and addressing systemic issues head on.  Like the Warriors, the pieces are in place to make a lot of noise in '17 and beyond.  But also, a lot could go wrong. 

IMHO both have found the right leader for the next 7-10 years.

I hear ya, their future is certainly brighter than other teams in the Division, but as long as 12 is under center for the Pack, I wouldn't like my chances if I were any other team in the Division, even without Jordy coming back and all the other weapons around him.

I'm not sold on Bridgewater like some experts are, either.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2015, 08:34:22 AM »
At the 2 minute warning, my Southside Chicago born-and-raised father-in-law says: "I tink dis is da worst game da Bears have ever played."

I responded that, sadly, it probably wasn't even in the bottom 10.

I was expecting much worse.  I hope O'Donnell gets an extra day off this week.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »
I've been saying the Packers will win the Super Bowl for some time, but the Cardinals are the team that looks really, really good this year. 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:08 AM »
I've been saying the Packers will win the Super Bowl for some time, but the Cardinals are the team that looks really, really good this year.

That team Palmer stays healthy, no reason they couldn't get there.  Defense looks amazing.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »

That team Palmer stays healthy, no reason they couldn't get there.  Defense looks amazing.

They look good, but they have also played the Saints, Bears, and 49ers so far, with 2 of them at home.  Those might be 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NFC this year.

I also don't see Larry Fitgerald keeping pace for 1,776 yards and 27 touchdowns this season.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:36:33 AM by wadesworld »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »

Thank god Arians didn't perform well enough in his mock press conference for McCaskey's liking.  Bears really dodged a bullet choosing Trestman there... ::)

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2015, 10:10:19 AM »
Thank god Arians didn't perform well enough in his mock press conference for McCaskey's liking.  Bears really dodged a bullet choosing Trestman there... ::)

I started to type a similar comment, but it made me too sad.

Don't worry though, McClellin seems to have found his niche on special teams.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

brandx

« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2015, 10:28:41 AM »
Is Clausen the worst NFL QB anyone has ever seen? Why would any team keep him as a backup?

He gives you a 0% chance to win and he's not going to get better.

And the two things you SHOULD look for in a backup QB are 1) gives the team at least a chance of winning, and 2) has the possibility of developing as an NFL QB.

An inexperienced rookie like Brett Hundley gives you more in both departments than Clausen.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »
Is Clausen the worst NFL QB anyone has ever seen? Why would any team keep him as a backup?

And the two things you SHOULD look for in a backup QB are 1) gives the team at least a chance of winning, and 2) has the possibility of developing as an NFL QB.

An inexperienced rookie like Brett Hundley gives you more in both departments than Clausen.

I would argue it could be 1 or 2.  Not necessarily "and".  I think if you are going to lose, lose with a guy that could be the future.  I.E.  David Fales.  Not that saying Fales is the future, but Clausen is a known commodity. 

A similar stupid decision is being made in Cleveland.  Gotta see what you have in Johnny.  You know what you have in Josh.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU82

• All American
« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »

Doubtful.

During my time in Chicago, the Bears started (among others) Henry Burris in a game, Moses Moreno in a game, Jonathan Quinn for 3 games, Craig Krenzel for 5 games, and Cade McNown for an entire season.

And that's just the Bears.

Injuries and emergency situations have caused teams to start a whole lot of awful, awful, AWFUL quarterbacks.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2015, 01:39:03 PM »
Same old Lions.   Absolutely incompetent OC and a sub-par line (blocking scheme?) has turned Matthew Stafford into Joey Harrington.     Could be the Lions and Bears fighting it our for the #1 overall pick. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »
Same old Lions.   Absolutely incompetent OC and a sub-par line (blocking scheme?) has turned Matthew Stafford into Joey Harrington.     Could be the Lions and Bears fighting it our for the #1 overall pick.

Tower, watching the game last night, I couldn't believe what has happened to Stafford over the last couple of years.

Looks to be bad coaching more than anything else - Stafford has very bad mechanics. I was afraid of the guy a couple years ago. Now I view him as Jay Stafford. Sure, he'll make some good throws, but he'll make the bad ones every game as well.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
Terrible offensive scheme, poor blocking.   There isn't a quarterback on the planet that can succeed with a crap scheme while having somebody in his grill on almost every throw.    Stafford is not an elite quarterback.   He is, however, the best Lion QB in 60 years.   He just looks bad right now and I think I have made it clear where I place the blame. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #241 on: September 28, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »
Better than Milton Plum, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »
If the Packers win I pick a perfect week in my pick em pool and win sone serious cash. So of course that means they're gonna lose today right?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2015, 02:07:14 PM »
If the Packers win I pick a perfect week in my pick em pool and win sone serious cash. So of course that means they're gonna lose today right?

bless you for picking GB!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »

I'm rootin' for ya.

Beer will be on CSFR!!!!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2015, 02:23:23 PM »
Tower, watching the game last night, I couldn't believe what has happened to Stafford over the last couple of years.

Looks to be bad coaching more than anything else - Stafford has very bad mechanics. I was afraid of the guy a couple years ago. Now I view him as Jay Stafford. Sure, he'll make some good throws, but he'll make the bad ones every game as well.

"Who is Matthew Stafford?"

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »
Terrible offensive scheme, poor blocking.   There isn't a quarterback on the planet that can succeed with a crap scheme while having somebody in his grill on almost every throw.    Stafford is not an elite quarterback.   He is, however, the best Lion QB in 60 years.   He just looks bad right now and I think I have made it clear where I place the blame.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
Jared Allen to Carolina.  Interesting.

brandx

« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »
For a conditional pick, though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him released after a couple games.

feedback