Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue & Gold Room - Is it worth it?  (Read 10407 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Blue & Gold Room - Is it worth it?
« on: July 11, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
Paying for my season tickets this week (with the mandatory $240 donation) and curious - is it worth it to donate more for access to the Blue & Gold room? On the surface, $260 for a place to hang my coat and buy drinks doesn't seem to be that valuable. But maybe it's a great time, I don't know.

Can anyone help me out here?

NotAnAlum

• All American
Re: Blue & Gold Room - Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 02:20:33 PM »
We get in because we donate more but I certainly wouldn't pay more to go there.  The food is very limited and if you don't get there early most of it is gone.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »
the food is an irrelevancey- cocktail tables are limited, can buy a drink upstairs, but it is nice to hang up your coat.  If I enter by the other atrium, I don't use it.  If it weren't included with my donation I wouldn't fire up.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 03:02:44 PM »
We get in because we donate more but I certainly wouldn't pay more to go there.  The food is very limited and if you don't get there early most of it is gone.

Agree.  We've been the beneficiary of great seats and BG Room access occasionally over the years thanks to friends close to the program.  Great staff, nice to rub elbows and feel important, but in the end, it's not a big deal.  I'd rather be in the stands from minute one.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »
We've had B&G Room access with our seats the past few years. We don't bother going in.

Wojo Era

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »
We walk thru, just because it is the easiest way to our seats.  It's ok for meeting up with people, but I probably wouldn't pay for it if it wasn't part of our donation.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 08:05:19 PM »
So, you get to feel like a big swinging dick if you are a member of the Blue & Gold Club?

Is that like my Players Club International Card?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jmdUU4A7S_w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jmdUU4A7S_w</a>

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 10:20:20 AM »
I think most of you are actually talking about the Courtside Club - not the Blue and Gold room.

The Courtside Club cost $3K this season, not $500.

We haven't been to the Blue and Gold room since our first year as season ticketholders.  I don't know if it has changed since then, but it was basically a room that had some basic snacks (chips and such) and a catering-type cash bar.  There was certainly no one important to rub elbows with in there.

The Courtside Club is a permanent setup that has a restaurant and bar in it. 
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 10:54:14 AM »
I would say the B&G is  waste of time.  Donate if you like but not for that purpose.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 11:21:10 AM »
I would say the B&G is  waste of time.  Donate if you like but not for that purpose.

Both are good options.  Basically most in the lower bowl and a few rows in the upper have access just by the seat donations.  Both have players, cheerleaders, coaches, AD employees, the mascot, media, etc.  pass through. Courtside is nicer and is where the Milwaukee Mafia hangs out if you like hobnobbing.  A coat rack, shorter bathroom breaks, tv's, an elevator for the seniors, bar, snacks, floor access to your seats.  Shorter drinks lines at halftime than with the peasants.

I usually never hit the VIP rooms.  The open club areas on either bowl end have better selections for food, drinks, meet ups.  There are pay coat rooms too, and the bathroom lines aren't too long, although the halftime beer and food lines are usually very sloooow as they are understaffed.

All in all, the best benefit is the donation.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 08:56:29 PM »
Another vote for .. B&G Room is worthless.  I've had access for many seasons .. I've gone in there maybe 5 times and it's usually just to check if it has remained worthless.

So you can check your coat .. super.  And some chips.  Golly.

Frankly, it's sad that MU doesn't offer something nicer than what costs them $10 in potato chips per game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 11:45:29 PM »
Another vote for .. B&G Room is worthless.  I've had access for many seasons .. I've gone in there maybe 5 times and it's usually just to check if it has remained worthless.

So you can check your coat .. super.  And some chips.  Golly.

Frankly, it's sad that MU doesn't offer something nicer than what costs them $10 in potato chips per game.

You get access for a $260 donation. I don't think anyone should reasonably expect the red carpet rolled out.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:03 AM »
You get access for a $260 donation. I don't think anyone should reasonably expect the red carpet rolled out.

Yea, that's not quite big swinging dick territory...

Death on call

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 08:03:03 AM »
Except it's a $500 donation in total.

Do I expect cheerleaders feeding me grapes?  No.   

Maybe spring for a bag of Cheetos, Doritos, Fritos with the Ruffles!   

A $50 smorgasbord of the finest chips in the land.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Its fun to see an intense Wojo walk through there... but once is enough for that.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:27 PM »
We get to games early enough that the spread has yet to be picked over.  The kids love the cookies. I can't remember the last time they had potato chips, though.

Typically, the spread consists of a simply veggie tray (carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower), popcorn and/or Gardettos, and cookies (decent soft-baked ones, not Chips Ahoy or Oreos).  Sometimes they've thrown some extras in there, but for the most part, it's pretty simple.  IIRC, they had some hot hors-d'ouerves on a couple occasions several years ago, but it's not standard fare.

The coat check and "private" restrooms are decent benefits, too... sure, you can pay $1.00 upstairs to check your coat or visit the restroom on the way to your seats, but either could require you to wait in line.

But like any charitable donation... you're not donating for the benefits.  The benefits are a nice touch for the real reason you're donating... the priority points and tax write-off.  Oh yeah... supporting scholarships, blah blah blah.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »
I live in Houston.

What is a coat room.? I have never seen one here.

And ....also...what is a coat?

Last wintertime, I put on a sweater...is that a coat?

lol

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »
I live in Houston.

lol
It's like a rain slicker/poncho only thicker  ;)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
I live in Houston.

lol

Kinda like our version of a hurricane shelter, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

Kinda like our version of a hurricane shelter, ai na?
Hurricane shelters, also, do not exist, here.
A hurricane isnt like a tornado that you let blow over while in basement, or bathtub...Hurricane Ike was 200 miles wide. It took about 6 hours to pass through Houston...the weirdest part was a 45 minute lull when its totally calm and you're in the eye passing through.
No shelter  from hurricanes. You either get to high ground (away from the coast) and ride it out , or jump in the car and head to Austin a day before. Because power outages for days is a given...buildings with emergency generators, like schools gyms will open for the elderly/infirm...as "shelters"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:38:51 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 04:26:37 PM »
Hurricane shelters, also, do not exist, here.
A hurricane isnt like a tornado that you let blow over while in basement, or bathtub...Hurricane Ike was 200 miles wide. It took about 6 hours to pass through Houston...the weirdest part was a 45 minute lull when its totally calm and you're in the eye passing through.
No shelter  from hurricanes. You either get to high ground (away from the coast) and ride it out , or jump in the car and head to Austin a day before. Because power outages for days is a given...buildings with emergency generators, like schools gyms will open for the elderly/infirm...as "shelters"

I managed to keep power after Hurricane Irene and lost power for a week after Hurricane Sandy.  My employer lost power for 3 days after Irene so I got a few days off at home.  Fill your tub before the storm so you can flush your toilets and find someone or hope your health club that has power to shower.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 10:34:32 AM »
I managed to keep power after Hurricane Irene and lost power for a week after Hurricane Sandy.  My employer lost power for 3 days after Irene so I got a few days off at home.  Fill your tub before the storm so you can flush your toilets and find someone or hope your health club that has power to shower.

Keep your emergency beer in your toilet tank, and less water is needed to flush.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
Its fun to see an intense Wojo walk through there... but once is enough for that.

Except that he doesn't.  Let's not confuse the Blue/Gold room with the Courtside Club that now comes with a $3,000 minimum contribution.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 04:49:57 PM »

amen  plenty of great places within an easy hike of the Bradley Center.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 07:34:53 PM »
Except that he doesn't.  Let's not confuse the Blue/Gold room with the Courtside Club that now comes with a $3,000 minimum contribution.

But he does...maybe he gets lost from time to time, ai na?

feedback