[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Costco to start selling weed in WA  (Read 15430 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Costco to start selling weed in WA
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »
he would get up in every morning and walk past the coffee maker, over to the coffee table and roll himself a joint. 

Sounds like your brother actually had a "weed table!"

Death on call

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 02:04:56 PM »
Ha know what, a quick google of alcohol vs pot as gateways seem to show alcohol as having more of a gateway effect.

My opinion-i don't want to see pot legalized.  At what point with pot is one impaired? Too impaired to drive, etc?  Most times alcohol and pot are used together.  What is the synergistic affect? 

How much pot can one smoke just to get "a little high"?  What is too high to function and at what point is impairment.

Marijuana is a schedule I drug. Right in there with all the big dogs- lsd, heroin, ecstasy, peyote
This is above the schedule II drugs which include Vicodin, Demerol fentanyl OxyContin, to name a few

So are you saying that Oxycontin is safer to use than pot because its in the schedule II?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 07:12:51 PM »
So are you saying that Oxycontin is safer to use than pot because its in the schedule II?

did i say that?  here, i'll repeat my opinion-i do not want to see pot legalized-there.  now what part about that says that i'm saying oxy is safer? 

bailiff-whack his pee pee
don't...don't don't don't don't

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 08:01:47 PM »

did i say that?  here, i'll repeat my opinion-i do not want to see pot legalized-there.  now what part about that says that i'm saying oxy is safer?  

bailiff-whack his pee pee

Don't get defensive man, I just didn't understand why you listed a few drugs that are on schedules I and II. What point were you trying to make there?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:49:06 PM by JuniorCardigan »

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 11:46:52 PM »
Don't get defensive man, I just didn't understand why you listed a few drugs that are on schedules I and II. What point were you trying to make there?

Also I ask because I just think the controlled substances act totally missed the mark with marijuana.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:48:23 PM by JuniorCardigan »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 04:42:59 AM »
Also I ask because I just think the controlled substances act totally missed the mark with marijuana.

sorry-didn't mean to come off as defensive-sometimes when people challenge others, in writing, it can be misconstrued emotionally and the true nature of the tone of the discussion is often lost.

good question why the DEA put pot in the sched. I class with the heroins, LSD's, peyote's, et.al.  the so called "scary drugs" to me when we were growing up.  now you have the vicodins and oxy's, which are being highly abused today in a schedule below.  to be very honest with you, i only used the DEA schedule thing as ammo to defend my opinion.  if i were a reasonable person, which i feel i am, i'd rather have my kid smokin a bowl than poppin oxy's et.al.  however, i still don't feel we, as a society, are able to handle another legal drug seeing all the problems alcohol alone is causing,; my own issues aside.  now, i am not going to go out and bang a drum to prevent pot from being legalized as i am only one sick mof'er amongst many out here with an opinion.  if the majority want legalized dope, i just hope we have the resources to deal with the "action-reaction" affect

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »

also

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:32:32 AM by Henry Sugar »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 09:10:45 AM »
Butane?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 09:33:39 AM »
how soon before we need to classify pot-aholics a disability.

Actually, we did that in 1990.  Addicts are disabled under the ADA.  They can lose their protections if they are currently using illegally, but their status as an addict can bring them within the definition of "disability."  This question gets interesting now that marijuana use is legal in some states, but still technically not legal under federal law.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
Butane?

oh, there's more.  saw a show called intervention where a girl had this nasty habit of inhaling computer keyboard duster-like 12-15 cans per day.  every day she would hit the walmarts, etc and just empty the shelves.  the buzz only lasts minutes, and it was just nasty to watch.  super super addictive and the addict looked like hell.  i think they finall got her to rehab and she did recover as far as the show took it...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »
Krocodil.  nuff said.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 12:54:00 AM »
One of the strangest drugs is crystal meth. People smoke that crap then stay awake for 10-14 days straight. I mean, what is the point of that?

The great thing about single malt is that God, who is a Scotsman, made sure that once you hit a certain consumption level you pass out.

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 05:41:28 AM »
One of the strangest drugs is crystal meth. People smoke that crap then stay awake for 10-14 days straight. I mean, what is the point of that?

The great thing about single malt is that God, who is a Scotsman, made sure that once you hit a certain consumption level you pass out.

the meth stuff-great for weight and tooth loss.  check out the before/after time lapse pics of an addict.  turn a babe into gargoyle right before your eyes

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 09:35:59 AM »
I wish society would just let us have it.  Pot has been illegal for quite some time, and the results are not good.  Universally legalize it for two years-- crunch numbers on what "scary, scary marijuana" has done--and reevaluate the situation.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2015, 09:51:55 AM »
Personally I think legalize it. There's more harmful effects from legal drugs and if schizophrenia and psychological addiction are the worst two then it's better than alcohol and tobacco where it's cancer and physical addiction.

Anyways funny anti marijuana video from the 70s

http://youtu.be/mkB1Yi5OSYA

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:56:10 AM by BagpipingBoxer »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »
What is apples and oranges about pot and alcohol?  They are both substances that can be used responsibly, and can be abused.  Both *can* be gateway drugs, and both *can* cause a lot of family-related issues.  (Although my guess is alcohol is a lot more in that regard.)

Studies show that even alcoholics in their most dependent state are generally cognizant of the after-effects, i.e. hangover, of alcohol consumption.  Now this doesn't apply to everyone because the average amount of alcohol one consumes in a sitting (1-2 drinks) typically isn't enough to trigger these effects; however, if we're talking about the level where alcohol becomes a danger to self and others, then we're obviously talking about large quantities and binge drinking that will result in said effects.

With that said, most of us drank like fish in college, myself included.  But today I can't even fathom drinking more than 4-5 drinks over the course of an entire evening without being deterred by the prospect of being hungover the next day (and having to manage three kids).  Occasionally, the id gets the better of my superego, but most times, I cut myself off before it becomes a problem.  I don't think I'm any sort of anomaly here. 

Marijuana does not have a physical, hangover-like deterrent on the user.  Sure, there are people who simply don't have the foresight to make a preemptive decision about their own behavior, and there are people who simply don't care).  But I think - assuming a level playing field as far as legality, cost and access - the average person is less likely to abuse alcohol than marijuana.

Though I'm not outright against legalization... I think it can be legalized and controlled in a manner not detrimental to society; however, I think that cost and access needs to be much more restrictive than alcohol to keep it from becoming a greater problem than alcohol.

IMO - Pot is the alcohol for people who want all of the upside but none of the downside of alcohol... frankly, I've observed that people who choose pot exclusively over alcohol are much more likely to skirt responsibility for or don't like to deal with the consequences of their own actions.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »
There is no such thing as a hangover IMO, just people that can't hold their liquor.