Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.  (Read 29789 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
Ahhh, just done.  For reasons I won't go into our point total was down considerably this past year.  But still around all our old friends.  Come join chick and I in 400.  Still good seats down low.  Looking at you young pup 03eng.

Ha ha....we switched seat mates and swung around to 422, but got pretty low so we'll just have to yell across the arena.

Just booked a bit ago and there were a ton of upper deck centers available, I'm guessing we lose another 2000 season ticket holders.

Wish there was a way to punish those that drop tickets when the team struggles and only buy when they're good.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Wish there was a way to punish those that drop tickets when the team struggles and only buy when they're good.

They do get punished, as they lose a chunk of B&G points for consecutive ticket buying.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2015, 01:15:11 PM »
Ha ha....we switched seat mates and swung around to 422, but got pretty low so we'll just have to yell across the arena.

Just booked a bit ago and there were a ton of upper deck centers available, I'm guessing we lose another 2000 season ticket holders.

Great choice.  We've sat there previously.  But chick has this thing about grabbing a handful of cookies from the Courtside Club and delivering them to the students as we pass by. Don't tell Joe True!  Heck, he sees her do it already.  See you at the beer garden 03eng!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »
They do get punished, as they lose a chunk of B&G points for consecutive ticket buying.

Correct.  Pretty big penalty for dropping altogether.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2015, 01:41:29 PM »

Rather than drop, probably wiser to just purchase 2 seats in the $120 section. Even if you don't go, you can probably make the money back on marquee games if you just sell them off, and that way keep the consecutive seasons B&G points.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »
Even just buy 1 single in upper end zone. Keep the streak.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
Rather than drop, probably wiser to just purchase 2 seats in the $120 section. Even if you don't go, you can probably make the money back on marquee games if you just sell them off, and that way keep the consecutive seasons B&G points.

Giving away the trade secrets brew!  But you're right.  A great choice for out of town folks. I think 03eng is right about another drop of at least 1500 season tickets. One other point,  if one drops, you don't re-enter the June reseating.  New season tickets go on sale in July typically. Only the following year would you participate now.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »

cool, never really paid that close of attention
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2015, 02:36:51 PM »
I picked last night and we decided to move upstairs for the first time in years.  We travel from SE Minnesota and usually only get to about 10 games per season, so we decided to economize.  Used to pay $570 + $120 B&G/ticket, now paying just $275/ticket.  Got section 441, row A.  Just a few feet from the last student section.  Just hope there are some students in the uppers this season....

I guess the good news with the yearly reseating is if we decide these seats suck, we can always move back down next year. ;)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2015, 03:00:31 PM »
I picked last night and we decided to move upstairs for the first time in years.  We travel from SE Minnesota and usually only get to about 10 games per season, so we decided to economize.  Used to pay $570 + $120 B&G/ticket, now paying just $275/ticket.  Got section 441, row A.  Just a few feet from the last student section.  Just hope there are some students in the uppers this season....

I guess the good news with the yearly reseating is if we decide these seats suck, we can always move back down next year. ;)

I've been sitting in 441 for over a decade.

There are 4 seats available in Row B of 441.  Three of them are together, and 1 is two seats down.  It would be smart of MU, (and nice for me), if Marquette slid three people down to not leave a single empty.  I don't know who I can talk to about that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »
Try Crean, Coach Thomas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2015, 03:44:37 PM »
I've been sitting in 441 for over a decade.

There are 4 seats available in Row B of 441.  Three of them are together, and 1 is two seats down.  It would be smart of MU, (and nice for me), if Marquette slid three people down to not leave a single empty.  I don't know who I can talk to about that.

The problem was corrected.  Thank for your help, guys!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
As 'Topper predicted, all the sections I wanted went. D'oh. Only singles left. Looking now at 219, 209, and 205. About 30 minutes left...debating if it's worth going higher for an aisle seat. Right now, P is probably the lowest I can certainly get 2. Decisions, decisions...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »

As long as it was not seat #12 in Sec 441, you are good.  On the sections other than those on the baseline extended, the plexiglass can be in the viewing path.  This is a bigger concern for Row B than Row A, but it does come into play in select seats in Row A as well.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2015, 04:45:49 PM »
Moved to 209. Best seats as far as closest to the court were there, and I remembered Litehouse mentioning the proximity to the premium bar. Could have got an aisle in 205, but would have been 5 rows higher. Also looked at 219, still good options there, but would have been a few rows higher, and much higher for an aisle. Wanted to stick below Row S (thanks 'Topper) and I'm pleased with what I got!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »
As long as it was not seat #12 in Sec 441, you are good.  On the sections other than those on the baseline extended, the plexiglass can be in the viewing path.  This is a bigger concern for Row B than Row A, but it does come into play in select seats in Row A as well.

Yes, I sat upstairs several years back and made the mistake of getting seats too close to the plexiglass.  We got seats far enough away so that it won't be an issue this time.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »
Moved to 209. Best seats as far as closest to the court were there, and I remembered Litehouse mentioning the proximity to the premium bar. Could have got an aisle in 205, but would have been 5 rows higher. Also looked at 219, still good options there, but would have been a few rows higher, and much higher for an aisle. Wanted to stick below Row S (thanks 'Topper) and I'm pleased with what I got!
Welcome to the South Side!  I'm in 208 again, got the same seats as the past several years.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
They only give you 15 minutes to select your seats?  I wasn't able to log in at the appointed time, but did about an hour afterward. 
Seems like a very, very limited window. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2015, 07:38:36 PM »
They only give you 15 minutes to select your seats?  I wasn't able to log in at the appointed time, but did about an hour afterward. 
Seems like a very, very limited window. 
Uhhh...it's 30 minutes.... :o

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »

It took me 15 seconds...a Pitino record!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2015, 10:20:20 PM »
So Evil, ya dribbled down yo leg too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2015, 10:39:27 PM »
Which would be fine, if they didn't select them in 13 minutes...  But, summer weekends should be eliminated from the selection times.

/puts on gold vest
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2015, 12:49:09 AM »
My seats from last year were already gone at appt. time.  Was able to move over a section and into Row A, though. And closer to the SE beer garden on 4.  Huge plus in my book... every game's a win, now.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2015, 02:32:22 AM »
Who's the bastard who took seats 11 & 12 on the rail in section 441? I was eye balling those for half a day. They got taken 2 minutes before my time. Now im in 425 on the rail in the middle. YOu bastard.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2015, 07:20:18 AM »
Who's the bastard who took seats 11 & 12 on the rail in section 441? I was eye balling those for half a day. They got taken 2 minutes before my time. Now im in 425 on the rail in the middle. YOu bastard.

Thank people like GooooMarquette for screwing it up.  At least we know there will be two empty seats in Row A for most games. I had to take 441 B 11/12. I've had the seats for years but it was nicer when we had center of the section.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

feedback