Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette releases early designs for sports research center  (Read 24000 times)

MU111

• Starter
http://www.jsonline.com/news/education/marquette-releases-early-designs-for-sports-medicine-center-b99496105z1-302950161.html

Exciting stuff.  It looks like the building will indeed take up the whole 800 block of Michigan.

Reactions?

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Marquette releases early designs for sports research center
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »
Place looks incredible. And between that building and the Law School, huge visibility from the Interchange.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 01:14:38 PM »
Looks great. But does it still happen if/when the Bucks leave town? I assume not.

kryza

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:06:36 PM »
The center would provide locker rooms and office space for several athletic programs and combine indoor playing fields for Marquette's lacrosse and soccer programs. It will also feature an indoor track and a world-class athletic performance research facility.

This could be huge for both sports, but particularly lacrosse. It would have to be one of the nicest, if not THE nicest, facilities in college lacrosse by the time it's done.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »
Looks great. But does it still happen if/when the Bucks leave town? I assume not.

Still going to happen, even in the unlikely event that the Bucks move. 
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 02:14:51 PM »
The comments are pretty entertaining.
Have some patience, FFS.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »
The comments are pretty entertaining.

Haven't looked, but I'm sure it's more MU hatred.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 03:01:34 PM »
Can someone post for those of who don't subscribe to the Milwaukee Urinal??  Thnx

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 03:15:59 PM »
Can someone post for those of who don't subscribe to the Milwaukee Urinal??  Thnx

Go incognito. 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 03:22:43 PM »
Nice!  There's a field house in there for sure.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 05:15:39 PM »

Just man up and pay the 99 cents. It will help a union typesetter keep his job.
Have some patience, FFS.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »
only a couple comments from M J/S's usual collection of mouth-breathers.

EyesOnMilwaukee:
I hope these "athletic research" facilities include some kind of area for teaching student athletes about sexual assault.

FishLandOLakes:
No money to contribute to the new Arena and Downtown Entertainment area, but plenty for this? Please.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »
only a couple comments from M J/S's usual collection of mouth-breathers.

EyesOnMilwaukee:
I hope these "athletic research" facilities include some kind of area for teaching student athletes about sexual assault.

FishLandOLakes:
No money to contribute to the new Arena and Downtown Entertainment area, but plenty for this? Please.

Amazing how many Wisconsinites hate MU. Do they wish MU wasn't a part of the state? Strange. MU could announce a cure for cancer and the vast majority of comments would be tearing into MU.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »
All for it but it may change  in "scale, appearance and function" before it is completed. It could end up as a Taco Stand.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 06:31:57 PM »
Sounds like @JSComments will be busy tonight.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
Amazing how many Wisconsinites hate MU. Do they wish MU wasn't a part of the state? Strange.

It used to bug me, but now I embrace it. The more the hate, the sweeter it is when MU succeeds.

Man, I can't wait until Wojo gets it cookin. Gonna be fun.

314warrior

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 02:35:38 AM »
For a concept drawing, it sure looks ugly. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 07:34:27 AM »
Amazing how many Wisconsinites hate MU. Do they wish MU wasn't a part of the state? Strange. MU could announce a cure for cancer and the vast majority of comments would be tearing into MU.

I've wondered about that too.  Indifference I can understand.  But I suppose trolls will do what they do. 

Anyway, the renderings are great.  Now not to throw cold water on this but you all do understand that a version of this was Larry Williams' brainchild.  I attended an event the day of the Davidson game down in Lexington where we discussed it and the $$ necessary.  Broadening the concept to what it is now happened after Dr. Lovell arrived.   

Marquette's allocated funds for this are exactly zero right now.  Advancements has its hands full funding this baby. Don't think I've heard numbers yet.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 08:02:53 AM »
I've wondered about that too.  Indifference I can understand.  But I suppose trolls will do what they do. 

Anyway, the renderings are great.  Now not to throw cold water on this but you all do understand that a version of this was Larry Williams' brainchild.  I attended an event the day of the Davidson game down in Lexington where we discussed it and the $$ necessary.  Broadening the concept to what it is now happened after Dr. Lovell arrived.   

Marquette's allocated funds for this are exactly zero right now.  Advancements has its hands full funding this baby. Don't think I've heard numbers yet.

I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen pretty close to the deadline they mentioned and to the rendering they displayed, regardless of the Bucks or where the funding currently exists. I can't imagine a new President of a university going out on the limb, on multiple occasions, if he wasn't extremely confident that this will happen.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 08:12:22 AM »
I'd be shocked if this doesn't happen pretty close to the deadline they mentioned and to the rendering they displayed, regardless of the Bucks or where the funding currently exists. I can't imagine a new President of a university going out on the limb, on multiple occasions, if he wasn't extremely confident that this will happen.

I agree.  When they first started buying up land over there, President Lovell described it only as "for future expansion". That was only about eight months ago. Now that they have actually started talking about a specific building, complete with artist's conception, they must have some pretty decent funding commitments, or at least a fundraising goal they are pretty confident they will achieve.
Have some patience, FFS.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 08:29:03 AM »
Does anyone know if they're planning on putting in a full size soccer/lacrosse field and a regulation track?  It would be pretty cool if they can.  All the pictures I've seen of the other similar facilities seem to have smaller fields and shortened tracks.

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2015, 08:52:38 AM »
For a concept drawing, it sure looks ugly. 

It's an indoor fieldhouse.  There are only so many ways you can dress it up.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 08:56:15 AM »

The MU hate probably isn’t as much as you think. You are cherry picking a few ass clown comments from an article. To be expected.   Some of it is the rivalry with Becky and some of it is the perception that MU students have a silver spoon, elitist attitude.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 08:57:43 AM »
Does anyone know if they're planning on putting in a full size soccer/lacrosse field and a regulation track?  It would be pretty cool if they can.  All the pictures I've seen of the other similar facilities seem to have smaller fields and shortened tracks.

More importantly, will it allow for a full size football field?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback