collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015 MLB Season Thread  (Read 97995 times)

drewm88

• All American
Re: 2015 MLB Season Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2015, 09:52:41 AM »
I'm looking at right field rooftop tickets in mid-May. I've read that the right field board isn't expected to be completed until July, but anyone know if those views will be any more obstructed in 5 weeks than they are today?

JuniorCardigan

• Walk-On
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2015, 11:33:48 AM »
If you haven't seen the Wrigley renovation renderings, I recommend checking this link out:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/restore-wrigley/our-vision/ballpark-renderings/

And some photos of the model:

I kinda wish they had included little figurines of all the drunks on Clark St.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2015, 11:43:07 AM »
I kinda wish they had included little figurines of all the drunks on Clark St.

Burn!

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
I'm looking at right field rooftop tickets in mid-May. I've read that the right field board isn't expected to be completed until July, but anyone know if those views will be any more obstructed in 5 weeks than they are today?

I've heard around the All-Star break for the RF board so I think you'd be good in 5 weeks but I am not absolutely positive.  The Budweiser sign was already up and I'm not sure if there will be any other signage.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

What's the rooftop name?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »
Tigers finally give up a run.   Put that pitcher on waivers!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »
White Sox may be the worst team in baseball. Total disaster in first series

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »

Which rooftop?  Some are in "foul" territory and the infield won't be obstructed regardless of the scoreboard.

Tortuga94

• Walk-On
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:13 PM »

As a Brewers fan, I respectfully disagree.  :'(

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2015, 10:51:52 PM »

Eh, Royals are good. Avi and Abreu looked really good though and dare I say, so did Beckham.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2015, 08:17:42 AM »

Nah. They got the Twins and Sale pitching this weekend.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »
What's the rooftop name?

Probably Skybox on Sheffield.

🏀

• All American

🏀

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2015, 09:40:36 AM »
If the video board and/or it's structure is up, you'll likely be blocked.

It's a shame because Skybox on Sheffield is nice and had a quality view. Instead the owner never played ball with the Cubs and clearly has other issues as well.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2015, 11:15:31 AM »
Ha! Thank you. Glad I asked here before I followed through on the purchase.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
Definitely avoid now.  Right field board is going up.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
It's still early, but I'm loving the Fowler addition (not just because of his 2 run shot yesterday).  It's just nice to have an actual leadoff hitter. 

brandx

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2015, 03:07:30 PM »
It's still early, but I'm loving the Fowler addition (not just because of his 2 run shot yesterday).  It's just nice to have an actual leadoff hitter. 

He's never gonna be an All-Star, but he is a solid everyday player as opposed to what they have had in the Outfield the last few years. And like you said, a decent lead-off hitter.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »
He's never gonna be an All-Star, but he is a solid everyday player as opposed to what they have had in the Outfield the last few years. And like you said, a decent lead-off hitter.

I'll take it. It was sad to think about how excited we got about Bonafacio because of what came before him (Soriano leading off for so many years).
There is such a big difference in what the attitude of this team is.  It looks like they are enjoying playing (winning helps), but also you can just feel that if they are down after the 6th they still have a shot. It's been a long time since it's seemed that way. I heard on the radio this morning that its been since 2009 since they've been 2 games over .500.  I knew it was bad because I lived it, but that still shocked me.

I don't want to get too worried about Lester at this point, since it's just two games, but ......

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
I'll take it. It was sad to think about how excited we got about Bonafacio because of what came before him (Soriano leading off for so many years).
There is such a big difference in what the attitude of this team is.  It looks like they are enjoying playing (winning helps), but also you can just feel that if they are down after the 6th they still have a shot. It's been a long time since it's seemed that way. I heard on the radio this morning that its been since 2009 since they've been 2 games over .500.  I knew it was bad because I lived it, but that still shocked me.

I don't want to get too worried about Lester at this point, since it's just two games, but ......

There definitely seems to be a different feeling to this team (small sample size applies).  I think part of it is Maddon and part of it is they actually have quite a bit of talent.  Bryant should be up next week and I'm starting to think we see Russell later this summer.

Lester has too much of a track record to get worried yet.  He hasn't looked sharp and his command has been lacking but he seems healthy.  If he's still getting hit hard a few starts from now I'll change my tune.   

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2015, 01:34:20 PM »
Heres my problem with Cubs fans. All over facebook people have been posting about how theyre in first place and even taking screen shots of the standings...Were 6 games into the season, relax, the world is still round and the Cubs, are well, still the Cubs.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2015, 02:09:44 PM »
Heres my problem with Cubs fans.

This sentence is the worst part of reading sports message boards.   Every team has dumb fans.  Every single one.  You could make a list of the dumb things they do specific to their team.   I'm guessing you are a.... White Sox fan?!?! 
If I check Ohio boards the posts are "Here is my problem with Reds fans.."    The people who are around us and cheer for teams that aren't ours are annoying to us.  It's always been true and always will be true.   It's just too easy of an argument.
It's why we all rooted for Wisconsin to lose.  I don't want to hear them talking crap because I want to be talking crap.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2015, 02:33:27 PM »
Lester has too much of a track record to get worried yet.  He hasn't looked sharp and his command has been lacking but he seems healthy.  If he's still getting hit hard a few starts from now I'll change my tune.   

As a life-long Red Sox fan, I really like Lester.  I want to point out that his career ERA is 3.61, and he is 31 and not likely to do a lot better than that for the Cubs.  I think you should expect 3.40 - 3.60 for a couple years and a fade after that.  He's a durable competitor and was spectacular for the Sox in the postseason, but, other than last season, he has never been a #1 type starter during the season.  He's a solid, very good pitcher who gives you 200+ innings every year.  That's a great thing to have, but it's not like he's Kershaw or something.   
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
As a life-long Red Sox fan, I really like Lester.  I want to point out that his career ERA is 3.61, and he is 31 and not likely to do a lot better than that for the Cubs.  I think you should expect 3.40 - 3.60 for a couple years and a fade after that.  He's a durable competitor and was spectacular for the Sox in the postseason, but, other than last season, he has never been a #1 type starter during the season.  He's a solid, very good pitcher who gives you 200+ innings every year.  That's a great thing to have, but it's not like he's Kershaw or something.   

I'm certainly not expecting Kershaw or anything close, although I do think the move to the NL should help his numbers.  I did read there was a change to his pitch mix/approach last year that might have led to his improved numbers and could be sustainable.  However, I doubt he is ever that good again. 

The fact that he is durable and has never been a guy who got by on velocity speaks to why he may still be productive towards the end of his contract.  Ultimately, I think it was somewhat similar to the Werth signing in DC years ago - a signal to the rest of the league that the Cubs are ready to compete again. 

And when the Cubs do make the postseason again I will take my chances with him on the mound based on his past success. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »

This sentence is the worst part of reading sports message boards.   Every team has dumb fans.  Every single one.  You could make a list of the dumb things they do specific to their team.   I'm guessing you are a.... White Sox fan?!?! 
If I check Ohio boards the posts are "Here is my problem with Reds fans.."    The people who are around us and cheer for teams that aren't ours are annoying to us.  It's always been true and always will be true.   It's just too easy of an argument.
It's why we all rooted for Wisconsin to lose.  I don't want to hear them talking crap because I want to be talking crap.

+1