[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan’s bizarre interview  (Read 18552 times)

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Bo Ryan’s bizarre interview
« on: April 05, 2015, 01:56:29 PM »
I am surprised to find nothing here about Bo Ryan’s post-game, on-court interview Saturday night. The interview where he ridiculously claimed to not have known that Duke had defeated Michigan State in the first semifinal game, which, of course, was played on the same court as the Wisconsin-Kentucky semifinal.

The University of Wisconsin at Madison Badgers took to the court and were warming up as Duke and Michigan State coaches and players were still on the court, yet Bo Ryan claims he had no idea which team had won -- until having been told by a sideline reporter?

This was Bo Ryan’s ridiculously transparent effort to say: “Duke? Duke who?”

Lame!

Boozemon Barro

• All American
Re: Bo Ryan’s bizarre interview
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »
Way too much Wisconsin talk on here IMO. They already owned us on the court this year, why are the owning our message boards too?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »
I am surprised to find nothing here about Bo Ryan’s post-game, on-court interview Saturday night. The interview where he ridiculously claimed to not have known that Duke had defeated Michigan State in the first semifinal game, which, of course, was played on the same court as the Wisconsin-Kentucky semifinal.

The University of Wisconsin at Madison Badgers took to the court and were warming up as Duke and Michigan State coaches and players were still on the court, yet Bo Ryan claims he had no idea which team had won -- until having been told by a sideline reporter?

Lame!

Dude get a life. The butt hurt is unreal today of Scoop

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
Way too much Wisconsin talk on here IMO. They already owned us on the court this year, why are the owning our message boards too?

This is also a college basketball message board too (in the off-season).  What else are we supposed to to Talk about?

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »

Dude, I cannot even pretend that I understand what you have written here.

brandx

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 02:23:56 PM »

Lame!

I think you've uncovered a real scandal here.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
Super Bar
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 07:12:21 PM »
Many in the college basketball world are commenting on or casting doubt over Bo Ryan's post-game claim Saturday that he did not know which team -- Duke or Michigan State -- his University of Wisconsin at Madison Badgers will be playing Monday night.

Not a huge issue, of course, but one that many people on TV and at other sites find oddly amusing.

Bo Ryan's faux ignorance about the Duke-Michigan State outcome was a hoot.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »
Especially since Izzo talked to him after MSU lost.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »
Especially since Izzo talked to him after MSU lost.

Maybe Izzo messed with Bo by telling him MSU had won.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 07:31:08 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 07:50:21 PM »
I thougth right away he was pulling the interviewers leg. Everytime Bo is interviewed by a women, whether it is half time or at the end of the game he says something to put her in place. He is quite funny. I really think he does not like women interviewers. Probably, because most of the time they ask stupid questions. The response was classic Bo and the best part of it is that the male commentators bought into it and thought Bo was serious about not knowing that Duke won.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:15:55 AM by bilsu »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 08:43:18 PM »
This is also a college basketball message board too (in the off-season).  What else are we supposed to to Talk about?

Ice out.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 09:21:42 PM »
I thougth right away he was pulling the interviewers leg. Everytime Bo is interviewed by a women, whether it is half time or at the end of the game he says something to put her in place. He is quite funny. I really think he does not like women interviewers. Probably, because most of the time they ask stupid questions. The response was classic Bo and the best part of it is that the male commentators bought into it and thought Bo was serious about not knowing that Duke won.
Bo is a real oddball interview.  Mostly he he digging at the opponent or strangely espousing his viewpoint.   Just  weird.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 09:30:03 PM »

Butt hurt? God, that's a term that needs to disappear. I expect that from the trash that leaves comments on some silly Facebook story. Not here.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 09:31:25 PM »

brandx

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 11:32:18 PM »

I thought just the opposite - Bo always looks like he's trying to be charming with female reporters. Doesn't work - but looks like he is trying.

BTW, were you insulting women reporters or women in general.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 07:04:38 AM »
Dude, I cannot even pretend that I understand what you have written here.

I don't understand your point either (and most on here I think would agree).  He was maybe trying to make a point that they only focus on the game at hand.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 08:54:21 AM »

Lame!

It was a clown show moment. Every coach has an ego. Every coach has their talking points. Every coach has a "personality" to construct and maintain.

But the naivety angle, the "I'm so into coaching my own guys I didn't even know it was a Saturday" angle is the worst.

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »
I don't understand your point either (and most on here I think would agree).  He was maybe trying to make a point that they only focus on the game at hand.

Uh, statnik, you don't understand whose point? And who is "He?"

Why is it that some here can engage in good discussion or debate while others feel the need to offer meaningless -- and sometimes unintelligible -- critiques of other people's posts?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:38:04 AM by MU Avenue »

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 04:56:40 AM »
As a Marquette guy, I do not have a lot of thoughts on, opinions of or feelings about Bo Ryan -- just as I assume most backers of the University of Wisconsin at Madison Badgers do not spend a lot of time thinking about our Wojo.

My only real thoughts on Bo Ryan are that he seems to:

1. Object and then argue with referees almost every time one of his University of Wisconsin at Madison Badgers is called for a foul.
       2. Say odd things and pull stunts during post-game interviews, no matter if his University of Wisconsin at Madison Badgers have won or lost.

While Bo Ryan’s often-silly comments and behavior are being noticed, the nature of sports and sports broadcasting these days are to glorify and almost deify athletes and coaches.

And despite Bo Ryan’s challenges of almost every call against one of his players and his odd, sometimes-bizarre comments in post-game interviews, he has already been anointed “one of the greats to ever coach at the college level,” as the game and studio announcers said during and after Monday night’s game.

It is baffling that in big-time collegiate sports, you can be known for blaming others and behaving oddly yet be heralded as “one of the greats.”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 06:45:28 AM »
Bo has pretty much botched every national interview he has done, from Uthoff, to the pitiful graduation rates, to this semifinal interview, to the Final.  He is used to the small town beat journalists slurp, slurp slurping, and doesn't know how to interact with the objective, national reporters with the larger voice looking for ratings.

This isn't Platteville anymore, Dorothy. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 12:14:50 PM »
Bo has pretty much botched every national interview he has done, from Uthoff, to the pitiful graduation rates, to this semifinal interview, to the Final.  He is used to the small town beat journalists slurp, slurp slurping, and doesn't know how to interact with the objective, national reporters with the larger voice looking for ratings.

This isn't Platteville anymore, Dorothy. 

Didn't see this one.  What'd he have to say about that topic?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »
Didn't see this one.  What'd he have to say about that topic?

sorry I don't have the link, Bo supported their crapty grad rate saying "so many were playing professionally (overseas) and how is that bad?"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 12:22:31 PM »
sorry I don't have the link, Bo supported their crapty grad rate saying "so many were playing professionally (overseas) and how is that bad?"

Ahh gotcha.  Then I'm guessing my UW buddies were listening to that one, as that was their argument.  I guess that only Badgers go and play professionally overseas.

feedback