Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:40:18 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan’s bizarre interview  (Read 18551 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Bo Ryan’s bizarre interview
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 12:48:41 PM »
Ahh gotcha.  Then I'm guessing my UW buddies were listening to that one, as that was their argument.  I guess that only Badgers go and play professionally overseas.

That was what butchbadger was saying on here as well. It's stupid, because as we all know, every single high major program sends players to play professionally both domestic and abroad.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 01:05:44 PM »
That was what butchbadger was saying on here as well. It's stupid, because as we all know, every single high major program sends players to play professionally both domestic and abroad.

I saw someone else post this, but who is the last MU player to NOT play professionally?  Nearly every high D1 player plays overseas.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 02:01:45 PM »
I saw someone else post this, but who is the last MU player to NOT play professionally?  Nearly every high D1 player plays overseas.

Frozena?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 02:15:11 PM »
Jay Sorgi went on the air with Woody the Knothead in Denver.   Blathered on about how Bo has not concentrated on 1 and Dones, (except for Stone, Looney, Tokoto and Ellenson) because of the academic risks.  As much said that Stone was not admitted to UW. 

Good God.  Looney is known as an excellent student.  Not sure about Tokoto, but that was never part of the narrative during his recruiting.

Maybe he thought since this was Denver he could lie his arse off.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 03:11:49 PM »
Gotta protect the crown.  I mean hell, Badger fans are praising Bo for essentially "speaking truth to power" when everyone else sees him as petty.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 03:21:03 PM »
Jay Sorgi went on the air with Woody the Knothead in Denver.   Blathered on about how Bo has not concentrated on 1 and Dones, (except for Stone, Looney, Tokoto and Ellenson) because of the academic risks.  As much said that Stone was not admitted to UW. 

Good God.  Looney is known as an excellent student.  Not sure about Tokoto, but that was never part of the narrative during his recruiting.

Maybe he thought since this was Denver he could lie his arse off.

The thing is...I really think they believe the narrative. The dedicated Badger media, the people like Oates at the WSJ, Sorgi, Potrykus, they really just let Bo shovel s#!t in their mouths and think it's chocolate.

Bo Ryan right now is the emperor walking down the street. The idiot fans and brainwashed media are marveling over how glorious his clothing is, the rest of the country can see he's just a stark naked raving lunatic.

Bo traffics in lies. He has clearly convinced himself the lies are true, and he pulled the wool down so far over his own eyes that it is covering the eyes of the fanbase trying desperately to fellate him.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 07:33:12 PM »

Joe Fulce I believe
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:15 PM »
The thing is...I really think they believe the narrative. The dedicated Badger media, the people like Oates at the WSJ, Sorgi, Potrykus, they really just let Bo shovel s#!t in their mouths and think it's chocolate.

Bo Ryan right now is the emperor walking down the street. The idiot fans and brainwashed media are marveling over how glorious his clothing is, the rest of the country can see he's just a stark naked raving lunatic.

Bo traffics in lies. He has clearly convinced himself the lies are true, and he pulled the wool down so far over his own eyes that it is covering the eyes of the fanbase trying desperately to fellate him.

Beautifully said

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 10:17:56 PM »
"Traffics in lies"? ::)

Is that what you are reduced to after all this in March and April?

How about the last coach you fawned all over with much lesser results?

Where was the disdain for Gurley, Newbill, or Roseboro? Or the other scholarship players run off every year?  Or the pushing aside of what sexual assaults that went on? I think one guy here, Chicos, actually was concerned, but I really wasn't paying attention.

And now you want to make a huge issue out of some post game comments? I'll agree talking about refs is lame. But the rent a player comments are totally out of context.  I can't explain it to anyone if they heard the question, answers, and still don't get what it means.  I guess you get too use too player turnover and don't understand a coach getting close to 4th and 5th yr players.

Either way I am glad you enjoyed the BIG and NCAA tournaments and the number of points scored. I guess you are left to the scorn of post game comments. ::)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 10:23:06 PM »

Where was the disdain for Gurley, Newbill, or Roseboro? Or the other scholarship players run off every year?  Or the pushing aside of what sexual assaults that went on? I think one guy here, Chicos, actually was concerned, but I really wasn't paying attention.

And now you want to make a huge issue out of some post game comments? I'll agree talking about refs is lame. But the rent a player comments are totally out of context.  I can't explain it to anyone if they heard the question, answers, and still don't get what it means.  I guess you get too use too player turnover and don't understand a coach getting close to 4th and 5th yr players.

Either way I am glad you enjoyed the BIG and NCAA tournaments and the number of points scored. I guess you are left to the scorn of post game comments. ::)

Badger nation did not go down gracefully and that is the opinion of everyone except Badger fans.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

CubillanSandwich

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 11:33:14 PM »

Where was the disdain for Gurley, Newbill, or Roseboro? Or the other scholarship players run off every year?  Or the pushing aside of what sexual assaults that went on? I think one guy here, Chicos, actually was concerned, but I really wasn't paying attention.

And now you want to make a huge issue out of some post game comments? I'll agree talking about refs is lame. But the rent a player comments are totally out of context.  I can't explain it to anyone if they heard the question, answers, and still don't get what it means.  I guess you get too use too player turnover and don't understand a coach getting close to 4th and 5th yr players.

My bad... as a finger speaking, I cannot admit to touching that ball. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 06:30:57 AM »

What a surprise...now that your emperor has been stripped down for all the world to see, all you can do is point fingers elsewhere. Uhh, what, the emperor's naked? Hey, look over there, it's a flying purple people eater! Just kind of sad.

Yes, Buzz definitely had his faults. As I said earlier, we are going to pay for graduation rate numbers in a few years. The difference is that the guy that wasn't graduating people here is no longer here. You have had the guy incapable of graduating players there for what, 15 years now?

First off, if you REALLY believe that comment about graduate transfers is what Bo was talking about, I have some lovely developmental land in south central Florida you might be interested in.

Bo was talking about one-and-done players. Neither Kentucky nor Duke have any graduate transfers. On a yearly basis, there's what, maybe 50-60 of those guys around the country? And none of them were at the Final Four. So if you want to talk about context, in what possible context would talking about graduate transfers be relevant?

He was talking about one-and-done freshmen. The same players that he's been trying so desperately to recruit but failing to land. Like Diamond Stone, who was admitted to UW-Madison, and chose to go elsewhere. Like Kevon Looney, who was an excellent student but chose to go elsewhere. Like Bo thought JP Tokoto would be, who was a fine student but chose to go elsewhere.

It's funny that you mention the 4th and 5th year players. In light of Bo's comments about having guys around, why is it Wisconsin's graduation rates are so low again? Which excuse did you latch onto, the numbers being faulty because of guys in Europe? Aside from the obvious BS here since EVERY school has guys in Europe, UW-Madison is using redshirts, having fewer transfers, so Bo gets guys longer. Other schools are graduating players at a higher rate in less time. Crean graduated his players in 4 years, Bo has his for 5 and still can't graduate them, falling back on some lame Europe excuse.

You may be trying to target us, but it's not just us. It's everyone. Everywhere in the country, sports radio this week dealt largely with some idiot coach in Wisconsin trashing other guys players. Trashing the refs. Going after the same kind of players he likes to recruit. Hell, even if you're going to fall for that horsecrap excuse about Bo really meaning "grad transfers", HE'S COACHING AT THE SCHOOL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SINGLE MOST FAMOUS GRADUATE TRANSFER IN THE ENTIRE FREAKING COUNTRY IN RUSSELL WILSON!!! UW-Madison made graduate transfers famous, and here's Bo trashing the football program. Real classy  ::)

Bo is the same as every other coach in the country. Just does things to further his own ends and to build the legend of Saint Bo. He never loses, the refs steal the game from him. He never goes after one year players, he just revises history when they turn him down. Everyone else can see it, I guess you're just too close to it. He never has transfers, guys just lose their love for the game.

Bo's naked. He's a liar, a hypocrite, a guy that doesn't care about educating the players he brings in, and a whiner. Everyone else in the country sees what we've seen for years. But instead of addressing that, why not try to bring up Buzz again::)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 09:22:44 AM »

MU_Hoop

• Walk-On
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 09:33:21 AM »
As a huge Packer fan, I cannot but admire it a little bit.  It's very Ted Thompson.  Recruit and develop (draft and develop).

Despite being a Marquette fan since since I was born, I can't help but feel bad for the WI team and their fans.  Maybe it's because I grew up in WI...But you can't deny that the Badgers were not only fun to watch the last two years, but they were just funny.  The whole stenographer thing was hysterical. Which of you wouldn't want to hang out with Frank the Tank if he wasn't a Badger...

I wish we had that and can't wait for two years from now when we quite possibly could.

EDIT - grammar

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 10:13:00 AM »

Hey little brother!  Congratulations on your great 2 year run!  It truly was a great run.  I hope you enjoyed it!

Now that you have approval from big brother, you can go back to your own board and celebrate your back to back Final Fours with your own fans.  Please don't worry about what we think anymore, especially when we're coming off our worst year since well before may people on here were fans of Marquette basketball, and you're coming off the best season that you will ever see in your program.  Go enjoy!  Seriously.  Go and enjoy this.  You're wasting your time.  You were the better team for the last 2 years, congratulations.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 10:31:31 AM »
You guys need to stop obsessing over UW. Get over it.