Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: McKay  (Read 27541 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: McKay
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2015, 08:08:41 AM »
I guess this is the part where MU fans makes themselves feel better by dismissing players who have left the program.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2015, 08:11:59 AM »
Well if he's so great, why was he in the bench the last 5 minutes of the game last night? Because he can't shoot and misses FT's.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
Well if he's so great, why was he in the bench the last 5 minutes of the game last night? Because he can't shoot and misses FT's.

Because Kansas went small and Hoiberg put in players that would match up them.  Simple. 

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »

Stop it. You're embarrassing youself.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2015, 09:45:15 AM »

McKay would not have been the best player on last year's team.  He is a high energy guy that thrives at ISU right now because he has a good PG and scorers all around him.  
WTF? Derrick wasn't a good PG? Huh? Huh?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
Well, something is clearly going on, because MU has multiple transfers every year.

Last season the average number of transfers per team was 2.45 if I remember correctly. In other words, multiple transfers happen.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2015, 11:03:37 AM »
Last season the average number of transfers per team was 2.45 if I remember correctly. In other words, multiple transfers happen.
So we should strive to be like the average????

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »
So we should strive to be like the average????

No. I'm saying we shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill.
TAMU

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »
No. I'm saying we shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill.
Yup--no big deal--transfers are OK--they sort the wheat from the chaff; the studs from the duds; the cattle from the weaklings--after all we are only dealing with young men here so lets not get carried away with having a concern with a revolving door. Stability leads to staleness. We want to be ahead of the curve. I get it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »
Yup--no big deal--transfers are OK--they sort the wheat from the chaff; the studs from the duds; the cattle from the weaklings--after all we are only dealing with young men here so lets not get carried away with having a concern with a revolving door. Stability leads to staleness. We want to be ahead of the curve. I get it.

.....ok

Like I said, 2.45 transfers per team last year. Among non-athletes about 40% of college students transfer. Sometimes they just happen. MU is well within the average.

Molehill, not mountain
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
I guess this is the part where MU fans makes themselves feel better by dismissing players who have left the program.

I don't "dismiss" anyone. There simply is nothing any of us can do about it. It's out of our control. McKay isn't coming back, sources say.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »
A couple of people on here acting like he's a lottery pick.  No way he's even close to getting drafted.  Wish he was still at MU, but whatever.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2015, 02:09:54 PM »
Just disappointing how it went down. McKay would have been huge upgrade last year and this one. An immeasurable upgrade over Otule on both ends of the floor. Too bad Buzz didn't want to hurt Chris' feelings by playing the better player, so instead he put down McKay in front of a group of coaches.

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2015, 02:36:01 PM »
Just disappointing how it went down. McKay would have been huge upgrade last year and this one. An immeasurable upgrade over Otule on both ends of the floor. Too bad Buzz didn't want to hurt Chris' feelings by playing the better player, so instead he put down McKay in front of a group of coaches.

McKay has got NBA written all over him. He sure woulda helped MU out.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2015, 02:55:18 PM »
Long run=better without him
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »

Completely different types of players.  Again, the biggest problem that lead to his departure was the dumb Oxtule experiment. 
Yeah you are right--completely different---McKay is a hell of a lot better.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »
He has won as many NCAA tournament games these last two years as Derrick and Juan have!  :D
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »
McKay has got NBA written all over him. He sure woulda helped MU out.

NBA written all over him?  He's like 6'9" 210 lbs and can't hit a shot outside of 8 feet.  Rebounds well, dunks well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2015, 05:49:25 PM »
He has won as many NCAA tournament games these last two years as Derrick and Juan have!  :D
But he will play at the next level. Those two won't.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2015, 05:59:12 PM »
If by "next level", you mean Europe, you are right.

zrjones13

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »
McKay had a pretty good game today a couple big blocked shots.  But when Niang had foul trouble they couldn't get a rebound, even when Niang came back UAB was still killing them on the boards.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
NBA written all over him?  He's like 6'9" 210 lbs and can't hit a shot outside of 8 feet.  Rebounds well, dunks well.

I saw him on campus the week before his transfer was announced, and he is one of the skinniest D1 basketball players I have ever seen. He looked like a shorter Manute Bol.

Unless he has (or will) put on some serious muscle, he would get snapped in half in an NBA game like a chicken bone.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »
I saw him on campus the week before his transfer was announced, and he is one of the skinniest D1 basketball players I have ever seen. He looked like a shorter Manute Bol.

Unless he has (or will) put on some serious muscle, he would get snapped in half in an NBA game like a chicken bone.

If he is only 6'9", he has to develop some type of offensive game to make the NBA.  Too small to be the hustly, reboundy guy.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »
Long run=better without him

Lol, better without him?! Usually I just ignore your idiotic ramblings, but this comment was too stupid to ignore.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »

If he is only 6'9", he has to develop some type of offensive game to make the NBA.  Too small to be the hustly, reboundy guy.

I agree that he has a lot of work to do before he makes it to the league. For starters, he's rail thin for a post player.
Also, he needs to work on his shooting so that defenders must play him on pick and rolls.
He has a chance.

But he's an awesome college player.
SS Marquette

feedback