[Today at 12:54:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 167933 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Diamond
« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »
I can't wait for the next UW fan to pontificate about their academic standards.

jrb55

• Walk-On
« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »
I can't wait for the next UW fan to pontificate about their academic standards.

Do you know any particulars about Diamond's academics?

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2015, 11:51:28 AM »
Tweet from mark miller 1 minute ago:
@WisBBYearbook: Appears Diamond Stone is leaning toward joining late Greg Dandridge, Andy Kowske, Ray Nixon as Dominican grads to accept scholarship to WI.

During a summer league championship game 19 years ago, I went up a little soft on a lay-up and Kowske swatted the ball 80 feet out of bounds.  I wanted to crawl into a hole.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2015, 11:55:48 AM »
"Appears" and "leaning." Requisite words in drafting the greatest hedge of all time.

It's the Chicos guarantee.  Say something is going to happen but that it might not, then if it does happen down the road come back and say, "I've been telling you for months...!"  If it's not going to happen, read social media blowing up on it, come back and say "This is what's happening with such and such!" and 10 minutes later it's official and he comes back and pats his back about it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2015, 12:07:37 PM »
It's the Chicos guarantee.  Say something is going to happen but that it might not, then if it does happen down the road come back and say, "I've been telling you for months...!"  If it's not going to happen, read social media blowing up on it, come back and say "This is what's happening with such and such!" and 10 minutes later it's official and he comes back and pats his back about it.

Except Mark Miller doesn't have a history of doing that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »

Except Mark Miller doesn't have a history of doing that.

Right.  I'm just saying it's how Chicos guarantees things.  Except for the Stone Cold Lock that was Sharma to UW...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2015, 12:28:25 PM »
I am unhappy to report that WI is all I have been hearing during the last month. No mention of anything else other than "I heard he qualified" from everyone and his brother. If he joins them, they are going to be pretty tough next year even without Dekker coming back. They have a kid who is redshirting — Happ — who by all accounts has been killing it in practice against their first team. With Koenig and Hayes (would love to see him leave early), that is a nice line-up. I am still hoping for a UConn or Maryland miracle. Anywhere but UW.

During a summer league championship game 19 years ago, I went up a little soft on a lay-up and Kowske swatted the ball 80 feet out of bounds.  I wanted to crawl into a hole.
That made me LOL. Kowske is one of the nicest guys around (other than being a Badger). A few years ago, I was in the Wrigley bleachers with him and a few others. We were just drinking beers during batting practice and some Cub launches one to left field. Kowske keeps his beer in one hand and bare hands the home run like a Venus fly trap and throws it back on to the field like nothing happened. (Yes, Warriors and Badgers can get along.)

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2015, 12:30:20 PM »
I hope Diamond goes to UW so Luke and Henry can woop his ass down in the post.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2015, 12:33:12 PM »
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247  1h1 hour ago
I'm hearing pro Wisconsin info also MT @Evan_Flood: #Bolts 5-star center Diamond Stone leaning towards the #Badgers? http://bit.ly/1CmmAXA

Stone Leaning Towards Wisconsin?
Evan Flood - 99 minutes ago 27
Wisconsin Newsletter

According to Mark Miller of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook, five-star center Diamond Stone could be leaning towards the Badgers.

Appears Diamond Stone is leaning toward joining late Greg Danridge, Andy Kowske, Ray Nixon as Dominican grads to accept scholarship to WI.

— Mark Miller (@WisBBYearbook) March 24, 2015

Stone has been believed to be down to Maryland and Wisconsin, who make up half of his finalists with Oklahoma State and UConn rounding out the group.

The Badgers have 65 percent of the 247sports crystal ball predictions for Stone, who checks in as the nation's fifth ranked player per the 247sports composite player rankings.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247  1h1 hour ago
I'm hearing pro Wisconsin info also MT @Evan_Flood: #Bolts 5-star center Diamond Stone leaning towards the #Badgers? http://bit.ly/1CmmAXA

Stone Leaning Towards Wisconsin?
Evan Flood - 99 minutes ago 27
Wisconsin Newsletter

According to Mark Miller of the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook, five-star center Diamond Stone could be leaning towards the Badgers.

Appears Diamond Stone is leaning toward joining late Greg Danridge, Andy Kowske, Ray Nixon as Dominican grads to accept scholarship to WI.

— Mark Miller (@WisBBYearbook) March 24, 2015

Stone has been believed to be down to Maryland and Wisconsin, who make up half of his finalists with Oklahoma State and UConn rounding out the group.

The Badgers have 65 percent of the 247sports crystal ball predictions for Stone, who checks in as the nation's fifth ranked player per the 247sports composite player rankings.

The twitter echo chamber at work!

How long until we get donedeal!

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2015, 01:48:26 PM »
Redshirt?

I don't see the appeal.  Kentucky, Duke, UConn, sure. Why Madison? 

Help me understand.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2015, 02:07:32 PM »
Redshirt?

I don't see the appeal.  Kentucky, Duke, UConn, sure. Why Madison?  

Help me understand.
Close to home, going to a school with a tremendous amount of success over the last 15 years including two of the most dominant years in their programs history (this and last season). He could do worse.

Disclaimer: I have utter disdain for the Badgers, but let's not kid ourselves. They're a great basketball program under Bo.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »
Redshirt?

I don't see the appeal.  Kentucky, Duke, UConn, sure. Why Madison? 

Help me understand.

Whats the appeal to Marquette.  Campus?  average.  Campus surroundings?  city school.  Education?  Jesuit education compared to State School.  Facilities?  Basketball great
I have always wondered the allure to MU, give credit to majority of coaches getting kids to MU.  In my mind not an easy sell, weather? That is an issue.  But as Wojo says, "I think we play
ball indoors!"  The biggest selling point for a coach is huge budget and an airplane and any time, that really helps the coach.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
Close to home, going to a school with a tremendous amount of success over the last 15 years including two of the most dominant years in their programs history (this and last season). He could do worse.

Disclaimer: I have utter disdain for the Badgers, but let's not kid ourselves. They're a great basketball program under Bo.

Obviously there's no denying the program's success, but I don't think questioning its fit for a 1 and done type player is out of line.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »

Diamond is a perfect fit to take over for Kaminsky,  with Hayes, Happ and Koenig next year (Showalter), they will be pretty good.  Maybe even Decker, Frank stayed 4 years.  Take a kid to the student union in summer and you can see why kids go to school there!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
BC Hoopster, you have earned an "ignor" for your negative Marquette comments.  Good bye.

MuMark

• All American

breadtree

• Scholarship Player

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2015, 04:40:31 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them. 
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »
Diamond going to Wisconsin is the final nail in the coffin for Marquette basketball.   4 years ago this team was headed to the stratosphere, than when Buzz left everything went to poop and UW is headed to back to back to back national championship with Stone, Decker, and Hayes, and than whoever else comes in after Decker leaves (Chances are they will be big time recruits that do not want to attend Marquette anymore)

Wojo better get to a final 4 and get to one fast before UW laps us again.   The fact that a city of Milwaukee kid of Color wants to play with UW shows how far we have fallen.

And in regards to Ellenson.  Everyone is telling me that he is overrated and will get beaten up when Diamond plays them. 
we are doomed.  Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

As ever, you're a fooking clown.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2015, 04:44:16 PM »
Diamond is a perfect fit to take over for Kaminsky,  with Hayes, Happ and Koenig next year (Showalter), they will be pretty good.  Maybe even Decker, Frank stayed 4 years.  Take a kid to the student union in summer and you can see why kids go to school there!

I don't see many similarities to their games. Why do you think Stone is a perfect fit to provide the versatility inside/out that Kaminsky does?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2015, 04:47:51 PM »
Looks like I am going to start cheering for Iowa State

Sounds good to me.

Go away and quit wasting out time with this nonsense.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2015, 04:48:44 PM »
I don't see many similarities to their games. Why do you think Stone is a perfect fit to provide the versatility inside/out that Kaminsky does?

Seriously. Didn't realize Stone was a deadeye from three-point land and a stellar passer. Learn something new every day.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »

Many forget Diamond has dropped nearly 20 pounds and added a nice jumper. This playoff game from a couple weeks ago he hit 4 three pointers alone:

http://youtu.be/LLppVdHUkkQ

feedback