2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Roster next year  (Read 17503 times)

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
Re: Roster next year
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2015, 01:25:33 PM »
Traci Carter – Life Center (Burlington, N.J.), – 2015Finding an unsigned point guard that can affect the game on the highest levels has been akin to finding Bigfoot this year. However, we located Carter at Hoop Hall Classic and tabbed him as the biggest point guard target left unsigned in the senior class. The 6-foot-1 guard dominated Life Center’s game on both ends of the floor versus Orangeville Prep en route to a 18 point 10 assist 7 rebound MVP performance. As a result schools like Connecticut, Louisville and North Carolina State have all been linked to his recruitment in the past week.

ontheradarhoops.com

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2015, 01:26:36 PM »
Never bank scholarships. Sign some prospects and if they don't work out and you can get someone better, cut them. Plus, you never know when transfers, injuries, etc will strike.

Exactly right. Two easy ways to go about this. First, add a grad transfer that gives you an experienced player for a year and an open scholarship the next. Second, add a transfer that sits out a year, but starts playing the same year the banked scholarship would be open with the advantage of practice and system experience.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
Ryan Arcidiacono is one guy who did pretty well as a freshman starter in the Big East.  I know that there are others.  So, maybe he'll be able to handle it.  It seems that having the opportunity to run the show from day one was a big part of MU's allure for Traci.

I'm not opposed to Carter being the man from day one, but I'd rather not put my eggs all in that basket.  No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy, so we should have an alternative and we currently don't have an alternative on the roster (Duane isn't a point at all IMHO)

We can recruit a veteran and if Traci turns out to be great then we've got extra depth if we need it.  And playing time is earned at MU not on the recruiting trail
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:17 PM »
I would love a graduate transfer and either a JUCO or another transfer (preferably one who is just finished his freshman year).
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spencer Pratt

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »
I think it will be important that someone on this list, or else a Grad transfer/JUCO fills the role of spot up shooter in order to keep defenses honest while our bigs go to work down low.  Duane has shown flashes but still very inconsistent shooting the ball.  The same can be said for Sandy.  Having a 3 point assassin that can hit at a 40% plus clip is crucial.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 04:06:17 PM »
I think it will be important that someone on this list, or else a Grad transfer/JUCO fills the role of spot up shooter in order to keep defenses honest while our bigs go to work down low.  Duane has shown flashes but still very inconsistent shooting the ball.  The same can be said for Sandy.  Having a 3 point assassin that can hit at a 40% plus clip is crucial.

I like this. Even though I said earlier in this comment stream that another PG and a rebounder would be nice, the truth is that we desperately need more outside shooting. Wojo would like to run an attack that features multiple 3-point threats on the court at one time, and I don't blame him. Of course, I have heard that Henry is a legit 3-point threat, a la Bosh or Love or Dirk, so that would be great.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »
I think we'll wait just a bit now. See who is available after teams are done.  I'd be shocked if we added a 6th Frosh.  I'll bet on a traditional transfer,  perhaps 2. Be great is one new upperclassman was immediately eligible.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 10:03:25 PM »
I think we'll wait just a bit now. See who is available after teams are done.  I'd be shocked if we added a 6th Frosh.  I'll bet on a traditional transfer,  perhaps 2. Be great is one new upperclassman was immediately eligible.

Only position where I could see a new frosh is at pf. If Henry ends up being a one and done we have no one to replace him. A freshmen pf is last on my wish list but I would be happy with a quality one
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
Paging Rocky...

THE SCHOLARSHIP TABLE NEEDS AN UPDATE!

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

Looks perfectly up-to-date to me!  ;D

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »

WRONG!!!!!!!! Look very closely at this year.  First guy to call out rocky's egregious error gets some kind of cool GIF from chick.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 08:29:45 AM »
The twins are missing?
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 08:47:51 AM »
Cam Marotta?

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »

huh - I must have been mistaken. Sorry about that, Rocky
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2015, 08:56:48 AM »
WRONG!!!!!!!! Look very closely at this year.  First guy to call out rocky's egregious error gets some kind of cool GIF from chick.

It should list Gabe Levin because he is using a scholarship slot this year.  Jameel McKay should also be listed in 2013-14, and Luke should be listed as a walk-on.  (Cause he paid his way second semester last year.)

And the number below 2014-15 should be "1."

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
What I find interesting about this group of incoming freshman, is they could fill all positions as starters.  If (big if) Henry stays all 4 years, you could potentially see 5 senior starters:

1 - Traci Carter
2 - Sacar Anim
3 - Haanif Cheatham
4 - Henry Ellenson
5 - Matt Heldt

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2015, 09:26:06 AM »
silly season (coaching carousel, transfers) starts in about a week or so. at that point there will be hundreds of transfers and de-commitment, etc... i assume we will grab one/two of those who come open in that period which could mean eligible players for next year, or one that may have to sit. either way, a lot of good players are going to be open for transfer soon...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2015, 09:27:13 AM »
Steve Taylor
JaJuan Johnson
Luke Fischer
Duane Wilson
Wally Ellenson
Sandy Cohen
Matt Heldt
Henry Ellenson
Sacar Anim
Haanif Cheatham
Traci Carter

Mache and Mache?

Am I missing anyone?  Will we actually have 10+ guys??  Also interesting to note that everyone except Steve Taylor could be here for atleast 2 years.  Would be great to see all of these guys play together for the full 2 years.

Not sure everyone on that list of yours is coming back next year, I'm really a badger fan?

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2015, 09:37:29 AM »
Not sure everyone on that list of yours is coming back next year, I'm really a badger fan?

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, badger fan.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2015, 09:44:20 AM »
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, badger fan.

My "inside sources" at all 351 D1 basketball programs say there's a chance that an eligible player (or players) might not return.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2015, 09:46:37 AM »
Looks perfectly up-to-date to me!  ;D

I don't see no twins.  8-)
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 09:50:55 AM »

So who do you think will transfer?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »
So who do you think will transfer?

Since Chicago Juan has stated that JJJ has told him personally that he is definitely transferring he would be the most likely. Almost no chance anyone else will.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »

You want twins, here you go.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »

Ding, ding, ding. Winner winner chicken dinner!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 10:07:12 AM »

It should list Gabe Levin because he is using a scholarship slot this year.  Jameel McKay should also be listed in 2013-14, and Luke should be listed as a walk-on.  (Cause he paid his way second semester last year.)

And the number below 2014-15 should be "1."

Uh Sultan.  You went all weird and technical on me. I'm sure you're right but I'm just not that smart.  :-)

feedback