Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue Demons Thoughts  (Read 13533 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Blue Demons Thoughts
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2015, 01:08:14 PM »
Everything looks better after a win.

Absolutely true.  All of a sudden a debate rages can JJJ play PG (he can't), and everyone is excited about STJ (with reason I think).  

It's amazing the tone on this board after a win, or after a loss.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:09:49 PM by HutchwasClutch »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2015, 02:33:16 PM »
 It's amazing the tone on this board after a win, or after a loss.  

Hutch, you're right. But this year has been miserable. Any of us who have been Warrior fans for a long time expect better than this. It's one of the reasons why we can tolerate Midwestern winters. We look forward to a championship Marquette team.

Our enthusiasm over a win that should have been a "guarantee" when the season started should not take away from the fact that we are still up to our backsides in alligators. I'm enthused about what's returning, yes, and the Help that's on its way should get us closer to what we expect. That changed a little (positively) from yesterday but we still have nine players coming in, need help at the point and our shooting average yesterday was as terrible as Illinois' bond rating. We also need to make better decisions on the court (Steve shooting three pointers ISN'T a good decision).

In my fondest dreams, Diamond shows up and we somehow find a great point guard. If that happens -- then next year could be.    Cold water please!!!!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
I have not, so I fully admit I could be wrong. This isn't the first time I've heard of a high school kid with Henry's size who is supposedly quick enough to play the 3. They almost always end up  playing the 4. You are who you can guard, and I think we will see Henry guarding the post with Luke.

You'd be surprised how nimble he is.  No, not a pg, but very athletic.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 03:12:34 PM »
In my fondest dreams, Diamond shows up and we somehow find a great point guard. If that happens -- then next year could be.    Cold water please!!!!

Diamond isn't an option so quit dreamin. 

I'm more than fine with Taylor, Fischer, H. Ellenson and Heldt at the 4-5 spots and if Wojo can add another forward this spring and Traci Carter at point, I like the potential of this team.  Improvement from Duane, JaJuan and Sandy this summer is huge.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »
Diamond isn't an option so quit dreamin. 

I'm more than fine with Taylor, Fischer, H. Ellenson and Heldt at the 4-5 spots and if Wojo can add another forward this spring and Traci Carter at point, I like the potential of this team.  Improvement from Duane, JaJuan and Sandy this summer is huge.

I head something interesting about Diamond and Wojo the other day. I will preface this by saying I have no clue if this is true or not but one of my friends who always has pretty good info said that Diamond called Wojo one day saying he made a mistake and wanted to give MU a chance again. Wojo pretty much said, thanks but no thanks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
I head something interesting about Diamond and Wojo the other day. I will preface this by saying I have no clue if this is true or not but one of my friends who always has pretty good info said that Diamond called Wojo one day saying he made a mistake and wanted to give MU a chance again. Wojo pretty much said, thanks but no thanks.

That story is out there.  I have no idea of the validity however.

feedback