[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[June 15, 2024, 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Noskowiak released from NLI  (Read 79028 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Noskowiak released from NLI
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2015, 04:39:54 PM »
They have one and they know that if Diamond gets the grades he's the 1.

OK, I thought they had two. 

Still, have they showed even lukewarm interest in him at any time?  When he reopened his recruiting last spring, I don't recall anything about the Badgers doing anything about him being available again.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2015, 04:45:46 PM »

Still, have they showed even lukewarm interest in him at any time?  When he reopened his recruiting last spring, I don't recall anything about the Badgers doing anything about him being available again.

They did have 2 but just got a commitment from a 3 star guard out of Ohio I believe.

Don't think they ever recruited Nick.  He committed to MU early, decommitted, and then recommitted to MU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2015, 08:35:39 PM »
They have one and they know that if Diamond gets the grades he's the 1.

So, their interest in Sacar Anim is as a backup plan, good to know.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2015, 08:37:24 PM »

They have never shown interest in NN.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2015, 01:17:43 AM »

They have never shown interest in NN.

And that's all you need to know.

Bo never wanted him but Wojo took him.  At a certain point, it ain't Buzz's fault. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2015, 07:31:48 AM »
And that's all you need to know.

Bo never wanted him but Wojo took him.  At a certain point, it ain't Buzz's fault. 
i

All we need to know? I see, so MU should never even consider a player that Bo Ryan isn't interested in? What a silly comment.

What the hell does Wisconsin have to do with any of this? Come on.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »
All we need to know? I see, so MU should never even consider a player that Bo Ryan isn't interested in? What a silly comment.

I think it's a interesting note, given that Bo would be able to attend Sun Prairie games whenever he felt like it, given the proximity.

Ignore the fact that it's Wisconsin, and ignore the stereotypes around the recruits that Bo usually goes after.  There's a top 100 guard within a 30 minute drive of a highly successful Big Ten coach's office and he doesn't appear to be to be interested.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
I think it's a interesting note, given that Bo would be able to attend Sun Prairie games whenever he felt like it, given the proximity.

Ignore the fact that it's Wisconsin, and ignore the stereotypes around the recruits that Bo usually goes after.  There's a top 100 guard within a 30 minute drive of a highly successful Big Ten coach's office and he doesn't appear to be to be interested.

When Nick initially decommitted after Wojo was hired, UW never reached out to him.  That was before the Pritzl commit and, obviously, the Iverson commit.  I think that should say something.

OTOH, he never was all that interested in Sandy Cohen either and Cohen by all accounts looks like a great kid both on and off the court.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2015, 09:45:19 AM »
i

No one's saying that Navin.  That would be silly to take that approach in recruiting.  But when you look at the stability and strength over at UW, compared to the train wreck Wojo inherited, it's a fact that can't be ignored that MU under Buzz was taking on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much risk in kids the Badgers have wanted no part of who were right in their backyard literally.  We've seen it now at least twice in Maymon and now Noskowiak.  Two kids that basically crapped on us, although NN at least didn't start and leave the team in season.  

Taking it a step further, did Burton draw any interest from UW?  I'm sure others know the answer, but I can't believe that he did given his selfish style of play that Ryan would never, ever tolerate.  And while Burton was not a Madison area kid, he was an hour drive away for Bo.  (and yes I know that Bo has taken very few Milwaukee kids, but it's the fact of another WI kid their program very likely wanted nothing to do with that we wanted and it didn't turn out well).

And I've been one of Wojo's biggest defenders on this board, but he can't be absolved in what happened with NN.  He made the decision to re-recruit him.  
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:52:01 AM by HutchwasClutch »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2015, 09:51:26 AM »
He did make decision to rerecruit him, but was not here very long and had to make those decisions with only so much information. 

Hope it works out for NN and everyone else.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2015, 09:54:50 AM »
No one's saying that Navin.  That would be silly to take that approach in recruiting.  But when you look at the stability and strength over at UW, compared to the train wreck Wojo inherited, it's a fact that can't be ignored that MU under Buzz was taking on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much risk in kids the Badgers have wanted no part of who were right in their backyard literally.  We've seen it now at least twice in Maymon and now Noskowiak.  Two kids that basically crapped on us, although NN at least didn't start and leave the team in season.   

Taking it a step further, did Burton draw any interest from UW?  I'm sure others know the answer, but I can't believe that he did given his selfish style of play that Ryan would never, ever tolerate.  And while Burton was not a Madison area kid, he was an hour drive away for Bo.  (and yes I know that Bo has taken very few Milwaukee kids, but it's the fact of another WI kid their program very likely wanted nothing to do with that we wanted and it didn't turn out well).

And I've been one of Wojo's biggest defenders on this board, but he can't be absolved in what happened with NN.  He made the decision to re-recruit him. 

Burton committed to Buzz pretty early on before even coming back to Milwaukee...so who knows about that one. 

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2015, 09:59:15 AM »
He did make decision to rerecruit him, but was not here very long and had to make those decisions with only so much information. 

I agree with that, but it's still on Wojo if he's going after a guy in haste without being sure he's a fit for what he's trying to build here.  I don't know if that was the case, but given the circumstances he had on his plate at the time, I really wonder if it was true.  He had time to make a decision on NN. NN still had a year of high school, so wasn't going to be able to help this season which Wojo knew coming in he'd likely have departures leading up to this season.  

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2015, 10:00:28 AM »

Seems to me that Wojo first attempted to retain ALL players and recruits.  When much of the Buzz recruiting class was already leaving, it was probably a good first strategy.  

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
I agree with that, but it's still on Wojo if he's going after a guy in haste without being sure he's a fit for what he's trying to build here.  I don't know if that was the case, but given the circumstances he had on his plate at the time, I really wonder if it was true.  He had time to make a decision on NN. NN still had a year of high school, so wasn't going to be able to help this season which Wojo knew coming in he'd likely have departures leading up to this season.  

I get how Wojo would have wanted to keep things as stable as possible, but I wonder if it would have been in his (and NN's) to let him stay un-re-committed until closer to the fall signing period.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2015, 10:52:22 AM »
I get how Wojo would have wanted to keep things as stable as possible, but I wonder if it would have been in his (and NN's) to let him stay un-re-committed until closer to the fall signing period.

I guess it depends on how much he knew about NN's issues at that time. 

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »
Regarding the Wisconsin Badgers "never recruiting" Noskowiak. That is completely false. The badgers were very active with Nick but decided early on that he wasn't going to get an offer. Check his 247, numerous visits to campus/coaches watching him.

"September 15, 2012 Unofficial Visit Nick Noskowiak unofficially visits Wisconsin Badgers"

"October 18, 2012 Coach Visit Greg Gard from Wisconsin Badgers visits Nick Noskowiak"

"December 02, 2012 Unofficial Visit Nick Noskowiak unofficially visits Wisconsin Badgers"

"December 13, 2012 Coach Visit Greg Gard from Wisconsin Badgers visits Nick Noskowiak"

"February 01, 2013 Coach Visit Gary Close from Wisconsin Badgers visits Nick Noskowiak"

"February 17, 2013 Unofficial Visit Nick Noskowiak unofficially visits Wisconsin Badgers"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »

From a talent perspective, I'm sure Wojo felt NN was the proper fit.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »
Regarding the Wisconsin Badgers "never recruiting" Noskowiak. That is completely false. The badgers were very active with Nick but decided early on that he wasn't going to get an offer. Check his 247, numerous visits to campus/coaches watching him.

"September 15, 2012 Unofficial Visit Nick Noskowiak unofficially visits Wisconsin Badgers"

"October 18, 2012 Coach Visit Greg Gard from Wisconsin Badgers visits Nick Noskowiak"

"December 02, 2012 Unofficial Visit Nick Noskowiak unofficially visits Wisconsin Badgers"

"December 13, 2012 Coach Visit Greg Gard from Wisconsin Badgers visits Nick Noskowiak"

"February 01, 2013 Coach Visit Gary Close from Wisconsin Badgers visits Nick Noskowiak"

"February 17, 2013 Unofficial Visit Nick Noskowiak unofficially visits Wisconsin Badgers"

Well obviously my absolute statement was inaccurate.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2015, 05:53:54 PM »
knowing our luck NN is probably going to be some some stud for Northern Iowa or something

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2015, 06:07:10 PM »
Perhaps Nick just saw what a turd of a season Wojo has turned in as a first year coach and decided he wanted to matriculate elsewhere.  And of course perhaps Wojo saw that Nick has some baggage as he's gotten to know him better and decided it was best to part ways as well.

Will be interesting to see what comes of Nick elsewhere.  Very odd situation all around just based on what transpired in the last 8 months between Nick and MU, but also then when you factor in that it seems clear that Bo did cool on Nick at some point in the recruiting process - perhaps they had some additional insight into the dynamics of Nick that lead them to turn elsewhere.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »
Perhaps Nick just saw what a turd of a season Wojo has turned in as a first year coach and decided he wanted to matriculate elsewhere.  And of course perhaps Wojo saw that Nick has some baggage as he's gotten to know him better and decided it was best to part ways as well.

Will be interesting to see what comes of Nick elsewhere.  Very odd situation all around just based on what transpired in the last 8 months between Nick and MU, but also then when you factor in that it seems clear that Bo did cool on Nick at some point in the recruiting process - perhaps they had some additional insight into the dynamics of Nick that lead them to turn elsewhere.

Honest question....have you been ignoring what has been going on with NN the last 6 months outside of MU hoops?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »
It doesn't fit his narrative.   And his narrative trumps facts. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2015, 12:41:08 AM »
It doesn't fit his narrative.   And his narrative trumps facts. 

Maybe he can call NN and give him insight to how his stellar career in HS hoops went.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2015, 04:46:40 AM »

Maybe NN reads Scoop and decided he didn't want to be ragged for four years by a former high-school "superstar" that he could score 100 on anytime he wanted to.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

oshkoshbgosh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2015, 07:25:33 AM »
If he's not coming to Marquette, would love to see NN at UWGB. Wardle is building a nice mid-level program and they have a need at point guard with Kiefer Sykes being a senior.