Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: X thoughts  (Read 12272 times)

tower912

• All American
X thoughts
« on: February 11, 2015, 04:57:52 AM »
1.  Nice crowd.   ::)
2.  Duane got some run at the point.   Yay.
3.  Apparently, MU does need Carlino.
4.  Just a thorough beat down. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mileskishnish72

• All American
Re: X thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:32:06 AM »
5. Watching this team requires significant alcohol intake.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 06:19:12 AM »

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 06:22:20 AM »
MUBB is done as we know it at least this year. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:22:30 AM »
6.  Second worst offensively efficient game this century

http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/stats?season1=2000&season2=2014&conf=&team=marquette&stat=efficiency&low=1

Would've been the worst with the chucker Car3no in the lineup then, aina?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:38:11 AM »
MUBB is done as we know it at least this year. 
Thank you Burt, Thank you Wojo.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 06:40:28 AM »
Would've been the worst with the chucker Car3no in the lineup then, aina?

If he started at PG perhaps, but this is just not the worst Marquette offense I have seen in memory, but it is the worst in the Big East in three seasons and one of the three worst since 2010 in conference of any BE team, per Pomeroy.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 06:45:10 AM »
7. We stink, we stink like a toilet filled with the aftermath of an adventurous Indian food take out night.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 06:57:13 AM »
But JJJ played 25+ minutes....

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 07:18:12 AM »
We have some nice pieces but we're not there yet. 
Without a floor spacer like Carlino, you need a creator at PG and I think we can all agree at least that Derrick is not that. 
Duane and JJJ can attack but are not finishers yet (I feel very good that they both will be before they are done with college BB).  When Derrick sat last night we were even more of a mess on offense. 
Luke has a deft touch and a few post moves, but is not nearly strong enough to play the type of game he wants to play. 
Sandy had a bad night, but will morph into a very useful player (think Juan Anderson with an offensive game). 
Taylor didn't do much yesterday, but I still like him as a rebounder.  When he gets his hands on the ball he seems to always corral it. 
Juan is hopeless on offense, but for me at least, he is impossible not to like because he plays his heart out always, and always defends.

Just an incomplete team.  We will be better next year, but we need a true ready to go PG and a new sniper.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »
Juan is hopeless on offense, but for me at least, he is impossible not to like because he plays his heart out always, and always defends.

Juan was 5-7 last night.  Wish we had more "hopeless" players like him.  No, he isn't a creator, but he knows how to pick his spots.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 07:39:12 AM »
That game was putrid.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 07:49:10 AM »
Carling was sorely missed.

3Mer

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »
1.  Nice crowd.   ::)

I realize this question may open me up to some derision, but where were the students last night?  The seats behind the band were vitutally empty.  I'm not particularly plugged into campus happenings, but was there something else going on last night?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:13 AM »
I realize this question may open me up to some derision, but where were the students last night?  The seats behind the band were vitutally empty.  I'm not particularly plugged into campus happenings, but was there something else going on last night?
Did you miss seeing this?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=46460.0
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 08:04:16 AM »
So, the fourth home loss in a row is the longest since 1963.  What an entitled fanbase we are, aina?

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/1963

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 08:05:27 AM »
Next year's team will be sorely in need of at least one outside shooter.  Cohen and Duane have potential.  Henry and Haanif are considered decent shooters.  But this game should give you an indication of how ugly next year can be if they don't have anyone who can stretch the defense.

3Mer

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 08:07:05 AM »
Yep.  Sorry. 

Very concerning.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:39 AM »
The first ten minutes of the game Luke didnt let Uberbrook get the ball inside the paint.  After that, I have no idea what happened.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 08:19:54 AM »
The first ten minutes of the game Luke didnt let Uberbrook get the ball inside the paint.  After that, I have no idea what happened.

And Luke's offense disappeared even more than his defense.

In the first 5 minutes, Luke was 3-3 and dominating inside.  The guards kept getting the ball inside to him, but from that point on he was 0-6, missing many shots badly - some off the side of the backboard.  And on many other point blank opportunities, he didn't even get a shot off - traveling, offensive fouls, kicking it back out instead of taking it right at the D.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 08:24:39 AM »
So, the fourth home loss in a row is the longest since 1963.  What an entitled fanbase we are, aina?

http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/men_s_basketball/1963

Students, if taking the traditional course, are only there for 4 years and not every student comes in a die hard college basketball fan. Two of the classes currently at Marquette, Freshman and Sophomore have never experienced a winning team, the Juniors and Seniors got spoiled with a Sweet Sixteen and an Elite Eight and were expecting more last year but with the departure of Blue the team did not live up to expectations.

While we have great alumni support, that support has been generated by years of being associated with Marquette and really identifying with the university. These kids are still building that connection. When I started in 99 you couldn't give away a student section ticket, interest started to get better in 02 when we made the tournament but didn't sky rocket until 03 and everyone realized that hey we have something special on our hands.

If Wojo gets us back to being a perennial tournament team, and I believe he will, the fans and especially the students will return. I'm sure there will be an immediate spike next year with the recruiting class that is coming in. If we go to Madison and pull off the upset next year the Bradley Center will be packed again. Even Fox Sports 1 commented on the turnout being good for a 3-8 conference team, usually at this point the fans have totally packed it in. Just look at what Buzz is playing in front of at VT.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 08:54:53 AM »
Marquette drew more than the Bucks drew Monday or probably will draw tonight.  The biggest missing piece was the students.  I think the students lower bowl should be filled (based on past performance) and the student upper bowl is a bonus for big games / saturday's etc.

All I'll say to the kids who skipped: You're only there for 4 years, make the most of it.  In 3 years you might be slumming it for Deloitte in a Courtyard by Marriott in Huntsville, AL wishing like hell you and some buddies could spend 2 hours together at the BC.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 08:57:50 AM »

Perhaps they were studying. Or they have other important things to do. Attending basketball games is not every student's top priority. Shocking, I know.

3Mer

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:40 AM »
All I'll say to the kids who skipped: You're only there for 4 years, make the most of it.  In 3 years you might be slumming it for Deloitte in a Courtyard by Marriott in Huntsville, AL wishing like hell you and some buddies could spend 2 hours together at the BC.

Amen!  I attended '83-'87 during some lean seasons.  But those years spent at MU games as a student produced irreplacable memories.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 09:00:42 AM »
If he started at PG perhaps, but this is just not the worst Marquette offense I have seen in memory, but it is the worst in the Big East in three seasons and one of the three worst since 2010 in conference of any BE team, per Pomeroy.
Bringing back fond memories of those joyous Dukiet years.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.