[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Time to Fight Fire with Fire....  (Read 4677 times)

Benny B

• All American
Time to Fight Fire with Fire....
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
As a dog more with more intelligence than the collective wisdom of ISIS once said: "R'uh-row, 'Rorge."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/photo-king-jordan-looking-badass-132100812.html

Honestly, who knew who this was the first time you looked at the picture?  And for those who didn't, if given 100 tries, who would have guessed correctly?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Time to Fight Fire with Fire....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »
I most definitely wouldn't have gotten it right on the first try, but with the Jordanian flag on the arm, I'd have gotten it in the first 100.  I'd have started with Jordan's highest ranking General, Secretary of Defense or something like that.

Sure doesn't look like a dude you'd mess with.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:02:12 PM »

And for contrast, it is pretty easy to see that this woman is a queen

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
Seems to me like these two are more 'American' than our current crop of leaders.  Didn't the King even quote Clint Eastwood from Unforgiven?  You know, the one about 'If you take a shot at me I'll kill you, your wife and kids AND burn your house down.'

We could use a little more of that these days.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
Seems to me like these two are more 'American' than our current crop of leaders.  Didn't the King even quote Clint Eastwood from Unforgiven?  You know, the one about 'If you take a shot at me I'll kill you, your wife and kids AND burn your house down.'

I can just imagine any of our last few presidents trying to tell Gorbachev to tear down the wall.  We'd still be watching East Germans in the Olympics....

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »
I can just imagine any of our last few presidents trying to tell Gorbachev to tear down the wall.  We'd still be watching East Germans in the Olympics....

I take it a step further in an attempt to avoid 'politics'.  We are all so very blessed that men like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Hancock, etc. were put together for one shining moment in human history.

brandx

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »

Didn't we just have a guy that talked like that? Worked out really well :-\

And I'm sure you're kidding - cuz if you really thought kids should be murdered, well....  (And you're usually a pretty common sense guy, our differences in politics aside.)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 03:48:24 PM »
I take it a step further in an attempt to avoid 'politics'.  We are all so very blessed that men like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Hancock, etc. were put together for one shining moment in human history.

Agree with your point.  Wasn't trying to be political, as our last few Presidents include people from both parties.  Apologies if anyone read it as a partisan statement.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »
Are you a man?  Do you want to love better?

He looks like a new spokesman for Androgel.

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 03:58:06 PM »

Not sure about your sources, but as a rule of thumb, isn't history usually written by the winners?  I would think the human history of  Native Americans, Catholic immigrants, and non-Northern Europeans might paint a different picture of life in the United States.  However, Let's get back to MU basketball.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 04:02:38 PM »
Didn't we just have a guy that talked like that? Worked out really well :-\

As I recall, Seal Team 6 shot him in the head and then dumped his carcass in the Indian Ocean somewhere.  I don't see how that could have worked out any better (granted, hindsight is 20/20... we could have caught him sooner).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 04:28:34 PM »
  And on that note, Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan!  Sure could use your leadership and love for America right about now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »
Thought we were talking Malik Harris, aina?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »
As I recall, Seal Team 6 shot him in the head and then dumped his carcass in the Indian Ocean somewhere.  I don't see how that could have worked out any better (granted, hindsight is 20/20... we could have caught him sooner).

;D.  I was referring to American leaders.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 04:51:04 PM »
IS strategy puzzles me.   Outraging absolutely everybody who has more firepower than you.   Trying to intimidate?    When your behavior is so bad that no one will condemn anyone firing indiscriminate missiles at you, that every atrocity against you will be forgiven?    When even people who share your religion condemn you?    What is the end game?     It is going to end very badly for them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2015, 05:01:40 PM »
IS strategy puzzles me.   Outraging absolutely everybody who has more firepower than you.   Trying to intimidate?    When your behavior is so bad that no one will condemn anyone firing indiscriminate missiles at you, that every atrocity against you will be forgiven?    When even people who share your religion condemn you?    What is the end game?     It is going to end very badly for them.

They live in a vacuum. They don't concern themselves about the world-at large. Similar behavior to N Korea.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »

Oh, allah, puke.

Hard for the boy king to take the moral high ground these last few days, in his best pseudo-American guise that you evidently adore, when for the last fifteen years he's run the world's best torture camp that has murdered (just like his pilot was) plenty who were nowhere near the infidels the regime claimed. Seems like ISIL is just following his (or is it Rania's?) playbook.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »
They Live/die for Allah and hate infidels more than they value their own lives.  Then of course there's that 70 or 80 virgins or something?  Hey, does the same hold true for the women, or are they shut out at that point?  Sorry ladies or whatever they refer to them by, you get the same as us?  I guess, they strap it(da bomb)on same as the big boys, right?  ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »
;D.  I was referring to American leaders.

Hate to break it to you, but Nixon's dead.  No sense piling on at this point.