[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brandon Brown  (Read 44680 times)

MU_MM08

• Walk-On
Brandon Brown
« on: February 03, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »
PaintTouches retweeted a scouting report about Marquette/Wojo among latest schools to express interest in Brandon Brown. JUCO PG at Phoenix College in AZ. Averaged 20+ points and 6+ assists per game in 2013-2014. Named NJCCA All-American, Freshman of the Year in his conference, and sounds like he just missed out on POY honor in his conference too.

https://twitter.com/JucoRecruiting/status/562460375493246977

Brown, however, did get into some serious trouble when we was a sophomore is high school, but by this account he is working extremely hard to get himself back on track. I'm all for second chances and it sounds like he has gone about it the right way, learning from his foolish mistake. Wish the young man nothing but the best as he works hard to take advantage of his second chance after an absolutely foolish mistake at a very young age. I for one, would love to see him follow through on his hard work in Blue & Gold the next few years!

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/college/2015/01/14/phoenix-college-guard-takes-advantage-nd-chance/21788499/

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: Brandon Brown
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »
Would be an interesting signing considering some of the recent issues regarding JUCOs. Then again, he did his penance.

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 02:45:23 PM »
Looks perfect for Marquette and for what they need.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
Yes please. Sorry if I missed it but what year would he be?

He will be 24 years old by next year. Def a veteran at the postion for such a young team. Would be a weird situation but I'd love it.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
My understanding is he would be a Junior with 2 years of eligibility. I'd take this guy in a heartbeat.
Bring back FFP!!!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »
Would be an interesting signing considering some of the recent issues regarding JUCOs. Then again, he did his penance.

Crowder, DJO, Butler, Buycks...who am I missing that caused an issue?  Or did you mean JUCOs more generally?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 03:31:26 PM »

Which recent issues are those?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »
Definitely a red flag to have a kid come in after an armed robbery conviction. I can understand why people would be hesitant. But, he has done his time. If Wojo meets with the kid and gives him the thumbs up, that will be enough for me until proven otherwise.

He could definitely fill a huge hole that we have for next season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
Brandon's lapse in judgment is approaching 8 years ago.  Assuming he's lived the straight and narrow since then (and there's nothing to say he hasn't), I think he'd be a fine addition to the program.  

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »
Looks perfect for Marquette and for what they need.
Me thinks your comment is not necessarily meant in the sincerest way there Vadger boy.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »
Which recent issues are those?

I'm only aware of one issue and that was an issue with certain kinds of juco credits not being valid for transfer into Marquette. I believe that only happened with one player.
TAMU

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 03:42:31 PM »
That was poorly worded on my part. Re-do!

Would be an interesting signing considering some of the recent issues some MU fans seem to have with regarding JUCOs. Then again, he did his penance.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 03:43:21 PM »
Definitely a red flag to have a kid come in after an armed robbery conviction. I can understand why people would be hesitant. But, he has done his time. If Wojo meets with the kid and gives him the thumbs up, that will be enough for me until proven otherwise.

He could definitely fill a huge hole that we have for next season.

Based of the article with everyone associated with him speaking highly of him and the fact that it would be 8 years when he steps on a campus next year. I hope that people look at it objectively and see he made a mistake as a kid but has become a good person with age.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »
That was poorly worded on my part. Re-do!

Would be an interesting signing considering some of the recent issues some MU fans seem to have with regarding JUCOs. Then again, he did his penance.

+1 on the re-do.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »
Brandon's lapse in judgment is approaching 8 years ago.  Assuming he's lived the straight and narrow since then (and there's nothing to say he hasn't), I think he'd be a fine addition to the program.  

That's quite a lapse in judgement. Armed robbery? Wow. Getting caught smoking a joint is a lapse in judgment...armed robbery is a whole different thang.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:09 PM »
That's quite a lapse in judgement. Armed robbery? Wow. Getting caught smoking a joint is a lapse in judgment...armed robbery is a whole different thang.

Agree. Calling it a lapse in judgement is minimizing the severity of the situation he put himself in. However, a lot of these kids grow up facing challenges that we couldn't even imagine and these things are far more common then we wish to realize. He WAS very young and if he has been a model citizen in the 8 years since his arrest, he deserves a second chance. I would have no issue if that second chance were at Marquette.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:05:41 PM by MUEagle1090 »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:51 PM »

Donald Driver dealt drugs and stole cars. If fans in this state can cheer for him, why not Brown?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 04:10:19 PM »
Agree. Calling it a lapse in judgement is minimizing the severity of the situation he put himself in. However, a lot of these kids grow up facing challenges that we couldn't even imagine and these things are far more common then we wish to realize. He WAS very young and if he has been a model citizen in the 8 years since his arrest, he deserves a second chance. I would have no issue if that second chance were at Marquette.

+1
TAMU

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 04:45:27 PM »
How easy are JUCOs? I feel like a 3.7 GPA is pretty impressive. Personal issues aside, if those credits are able to rollover to MU that would be huge and I think the administration would allow it. 
Bring back FFP!!!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »
How easy are JUCOs? I feel like a 3.7 GPA is pretty impressive. Personal issues aside, if those credits are able to rollover to MU that would be huge and I think the administration would allow it. 

A 3.7 is always pretty darn impressive no matter what. At the very least it shows the drive and effort is clearly there. Even if the classes are "easier" he is clearly getting the work done and doing it with effort.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:47 PM »
Isn't their a better option then a kid who served 2.5 years in prison for armed robbery?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »
I didn't mean to minimize the seriousness of the offense.  No doubt armed robbery is worthy of the punishment he received and represents a huge red flag.  I would proceed cautiously and I would want to be 100% certain that Brandon is a completely changed man.  I'm assuming that he fully understands that this will follow him forever.  That said, if he truly is a reformed model citizen, he deserves a second chance. 

I like the Donald Driver reference.  He has things in his past that he's not proud of.  But I think we can all agree that we'd be honored to have him as a friend or neighbor today.   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 06:04:08 PM »
He's done his time.   He has by all signs committed to being a good person, a good citizen.    I will grant you that it is far more likely that this would be a Buzz signing, but if this is the JUCO PG Wojo wants, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
maybe we can get a couple manslaughter parolees for the 5 spot next year.   

I know we've fallen but are we this desperate?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 06:16:49 PM »
maybe we can get a couple manslaughter parolees for the 5 spot next year.   

I know we've fallen but are we this desperate?

Idiots like you don't even deserve to allowed break time for computer usage