Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What Has Scoop Become?  (Read 12523 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: What Has Scoop Become?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 08:19:04 PM »
I've largely given up reporting because at best I'll get a "we don't see anything wrong with anything" response.

Tattletales got their ass kicked in childhood for a reason. Surprised nobody shoved your mohawk up your ass.

Death on call

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 08:26:45 PM »
It has been pretty brutal for awhile.

Honestly, it is all about whinning.  Get back to the whinning ways, and everyone is happy. It really does suck to suck...and well, we've sucked for two years in a row.  

have not read the whole thread yet but FIFY

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:33 PM »
You're not the hero we deserve but the hero we need right now

Aw, shucks.    Wait .. what?  I hope that means I'm awesome, or you are totally banned.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 08:58:43 PM »
Aw, shucks.    Wait .. what?  I hope that means I'm awesome, or you are totally banned.

It means you're Batman.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »
It means you're Batman.

That reminds me...

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »

You're Batman. At least that's more awesome then Robin.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 09:13:13 PM »
Calm down, it's kind of comical how idiotic some posts

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
Tattletales got their ass kicked in childhood for a reason. Surprised nobody shoved your mohawk up your ass.

I think it's cute when adults try to bully other adults on a message board.  Emphasis on "try."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »

I think it's cute when adults try to bully other adults on a message board.  Emphasis on "try."

From the master...

Death on call

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »
You're not the hero we deserve but the hero we need right now

Lol. My man JB right here has been on fire recently

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 09:45:15 PM »
From the master...

Now, now you two.  Don't make me paddle both of your internet a$$'s.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2015, 09:05:54 AM »
Yep. Can't be the lack of moderation. No sir. Not at all.

No one wants a Doddsianesque message board version of North Korea but preventing a few people from carpet bombing the place in multiple threads makes it more civil without hindering free expression. This place is a step above anarchy with nebulous rules that are inconsistently applied.

For example, Rocky bans Ners for a month. Ners comes back and does the same thing all over again. Topper pleads ignorance. Rocky doesn't do anything. It's like the parent who occasionally decides to be a hard ass while the other one buys the kids alcohol.

That's not entirely fair.

If we don't like it, don't visit here. Start your own forum. Simple.

However, I will again suggest to the mods that reoccurring topics should be contained to specific threads. If people want to rant about Derrick's minutes, so be it. Whatever. But, it's frustrating to have to read around all of that stuff in every thread.

I'm not expecting or asking for Dodds-like moderation or banning users. But, maybe we could clean up the board a little bit?

If their are users who want to address the same topic on several different occasions, maybe they could do so in the same thread? Can we just ask people to do that?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »
I'm not expecting or asking for Dodds-like moderation or banning users. But, maybe we could clean up the board a little bit?

If their are users who want to address the same topic on several different occasions, maybe they could do so in the same thread? Can we just ask people to do that?

That really is all I am suggesting as well.  Saying one poster can't bring up Derrick in non-Derrick threads...does it...get's banned...comes back and does it all again with no punishment doesn't help anything.

Encouraging the behavior you suggest, and then deleting or moving the off-topic posts, IMO would be a better approach.  There should be something between the banhammer and absolutely nothing.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
If people want to rant about Derrick's minutes, so be it. Whatever. But, it's frustrating to have to read around all of that stuff in every thread.

Ayup.  Every. Single. Thread.

First post of said poster today?  Goes into a thread about Sandy and bitches about Derrick.  Do we really need to have him piss in every single thread?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2015, 11:00:32 AM »
Ayup.  Every. Single. Thread.

First post of said poster today?  Goes into a thread about Sandy and bitches about Derrick.  Do we really need to have him piss in every single thread?

Whaaaaa.  God do you have anything better to do than whine about every post I make?  I made a comment on Sandy in that thread.  Like virtually EVERY thread, it takes all kinds of twists and turns.  O Rating became a primary point of discussion in that thread.  O-Rating has been getting served up around here by many as a "holy grail" of justification for why someone is such a great player.  More data was added, that shows just how flawed O-Rating is.

I know for you, that it must drive you insane when yet MORE DATA that gets provided, that I frequently DO provide, flies in the face of your inaccurate conclusions with regard to the game of basketball.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2015, 11:04:23 AM »
lol
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:11 AM »

That really is all I am suggesting as well.  Saying one poster can't bring up Derrick in non-Derrick threads...does it...get's banned...comes back and does it all again with no punishment doesn't help anything.

Encouraging the behavior you suggest, and then deleting or moving the off-topic posts, IMO would be a better approach.  There should be something between the banhammer and absolutely nothing.
I agree that for the good of Scoop that there be one thread dedicated to bashing Derrick and that anyone doing so in any other thread should e banned.  However, it wouldn't be for the good of Derrick to have a thread specifically called "Ners rips Derrick" so I'd be opposed to such a thread.  Maybe the idea is to immediately ban someone permanently if they get banned for a specific reason, come back to Scoop following the ban, and start up  again with the action that got them the temporary ban in the first place.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
The mods do a good job. 

Are you referring to your disagreement with Keefe?

Nope. Not in the least. I've had him on ignore ever since I came back and could not care less about him.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
I do enjoy the moderate level of anarchy that is allowed on this board.  I adds to the entertainment level.  However, it is one poster who is polluting this board and really lowering the entertainment value.  If the mods want to let Ners run roughshod, it's their board.  I think we all observed how much better this board was without him.  

PS.  I have Ners on ignore and he is still a pain in the *ss

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »
I agree that for the good of Scoop that there be one thread dedicated to bashing Derrick and that anyone doing so in any other thread should e banned.  However, it wouldn't be for the good of Derrick to have a thread specifically called "Ners rips Derrick" so I'd be opposed to such a thread.  Maybe the idea is to immediately ban someone permanently if they get banned for a specific reason, come back to Scoop following the ban, and start up  again with the action that got them the temporary ban in the first place.

This did happen last season. I think it was called "The Derrick Venting Thread." The thought behind it was good, but the execution was poor. It was quickly shut down.

EDIT: Found it! http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42142.0
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:41:34 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »
I agree that for the good of Scoop that there be one thread dedicated to bashing Derrick and that anyone doing so in any other thread should e banned.  However, it wouldn't be for the good of Derrick to have a thread specifically called "Ners rips Derrick" so I'd be opposed to such a thread.  Maybe the idea is to immediately ban someone permanently if they get banned for a specific reason, come back to Scoop following the ban, and start up  again with the action that got them the temporary ban in the first place.

It is a good question:  What has Scoop become??  Apparently, a very thin skinned faction of guys who simply cannot accept that someone shares an alternative point of view than them.  And just as your group won't back down from your opinion on the matter - I won't back down from my opinion on the matter.

Your "group" complains and whines about banning me, simply because you disagree with a majority of my posts.  Your "group" makes all kinds of jokes about me, calls into question my mental health, etc. - and everything else under the sun - and you don't hear me whining to the Mods to ban you guys.  I don't have ANYONE on ignore here.  I've never "reported" something to the Mods.

I assumed a majority of this board was adults.  Not 5 year olds that can't handle someone disagreeing with them - and in turn have to whine and tattle and plead for the Mods to punish me.  It's actually embarrassing that as grown men, you cannot tolerate someone who shares an alternative point of view.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2015, 11:55:42 AM »
It is a good question:  What has Scoop become??  Apparently, a very thin skinned faction of guys who simply cannot accept that someone shares an alternative point of view than them.  And just as your group won't back down from your opinion on the matter - I won't back down from my opinion on the matter.

Your "group" complains and whines about banning me, simply because you disagree with a majority of my posts.  Your "group" makes all kinds of jokes about me, calls into question my mental health, etc. - and everything else under the sun - and you don't hear me whining to the Mods to ban you guys.  I don't have ANYONE on ignore here.  I've never "reported" something to the Mods.

I assumed a majority of this board was adults.  Not 5 year olds that can't handle someone disagreeing with them - and in turn have to whine and tattle and plead for the Mods to punish me.  It's actually embarrassing that as grown men, you cannot tolerate someone who shares an alternative point of view.

I'm not defending others. But my guess is that they have no issue with your opinions. It's the manner in which you present them. Not the what, the how. If you look at the "group" they actually disagree on a lot of individual topics. Hell, there are people in the "group" that share your opinions. But they still get along. They are only united against your manner of presenting your opinions.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2015, 12:00:38 PM »
I'm not defending others. But my guess is that they have no issue with your opinions. It's the manner in which you present them. Not the what, the how. If you look at the "group" they actually disagree on a lot of individual topics. Hell, there are people in the "group" that share your opinions. But they still get along. They are only united against your manner of presenting your opinions.

The fact that he still doesn't get it is a major part of the problem.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »
I do enjoy the moderate level of anarchy that is allowed on this board.  I adds to the entertainment level.  However, it is one poster who is polluting this board and really lowering the entertainment value.  If the mods want to let Ners run roughshod, it's their board.  I think we all observed how much better this board was without him.  

PS.  I have Ners on ignore and he is still a pain in the *ss

Perfectly stated.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback