collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Packer playoff tickets for sale.  (Read 7635 times)

JD

• All American
Packer playoff tickets for sale.
« on: January 01, 2015, 03:00:28 PM »
Figured I'd ask the scoop family if anyone is interested in buying my three packer playoff tickets.  section 112, row 28, seats 1,2,3

Aisle seats, great view of the whole field.

I have offers for $200/piece all day.  Let me know if you'd like them.  Ideally trying to get $250/piece.

Thanks guys/gal

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Packer playoff tickets for sale.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:50:31 PM »
Figured I'd ask the scoop family if anyone is interested in buying my three packer playoff tickets.  section 112, row 28, seats 1,2,3

I have offers for $200/piece all day.  Let me know if you'd like them.  Ideally trying to get $250/piece.

Thanks guys/gal

Help me understand.
You offer to sell the same tickets on your Craigslist ad and there you are..."hoping" to get $200 apiece:
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/tix/4827043489.html

But here, you hope to squeeze yet another $50/ticket from your fellow scoopers; is there an MU surcharge?

lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »

Thanks guys/gal

You got served.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 06:11:55 PM »

Thanks guys/gal

I'll give you $250 for the set.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JD

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 06:40:42 PM »
Help me understand.
You offer to sell the same tickets on your Craigslist ad and there you are..."hoping" to get $200 apiece:
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/tix/4827043489.html

But here, you hope to squeeze yet another $50/ticket from your fellow scoopers; is there an MU surcharge?

lol

Ha,  well after receiving 20 plus messages last night I decided against that.

If you look on stubhub they're $300, so 20/20
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »
Why are you scalping on this site? Seriously, that's a real jagoff move

JD

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »
I guess the 80 page NFC north thread would allow me to assume there are quite a few packer fans here on scoop.  That, along with Marquette being in Wisconsin.  Forgive me, please..

AL

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »
Then why not sell them at face value?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 09:09:51 PM »
I guess the 80 page NFC north thread would allow me to assume there are quite a few packer fans here on scoop.  That, along with Marquette being in Wisconsin.  Forgive me, please..

No one cares that your selling them here. We care that you came on here deliberately trying to get us to pay $150 extra for the tickets that you're selling somewhere else (and have offers for) for $200

JD

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »
As I said, they're listed on stubhub for $300/piece.

After receiving 30 messages last night on them, I figured I could probably do better.  So hindsight is 20/20.  People were asking $325 for tickets in the same area.  I figured $250 was fair. 

AL

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 02:12:26 AM »
I love Scoop. God help me but I do love it so...

Death on call

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 08:35:46 AM »
How dare a man wish to maximize the economic value of an asset he owns. The proletariat cannot stand for such activity!

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »
I love Scoop. God help me but I do love it so...

I love this every time you do it....just great on so many levels.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 12:21:08 PM »
As I said, they're listed on stubhub for $300/piece.

After receiving 30 messages last night on them, I figured I could probably do better.  So hindsight is 20/20.  People were asking $325 for tickets in the same area.  I figured $250 was fair. 

I learned in my Business Law class many years ago that if offer something for sale at a certain price, and someone accepts that offer, that is a legally binding transaction.  I had friends who got a great deal on FSBO house that way because the sellers didn't have a true idea of what their home was worth.

I believe you may owe those tickets to the first guy on Craigslist who said he'd give you the $200.  I don't know, however, if your "hoping to" language allows you to weasel out.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »
How dare a man wish to maximize the economic value of an asset he owns. The proletariat cannot stand for such activity!

Then he should put them up for auction.  Not list them at various prices in different forums hoping he can get someone to bite.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »
I learned in my Business Law class many years ago that if offer something for sale at a certain price, and someone accepts that offer, that is a legally binding transaction.  I had friends who got a great deal on FSBO house that way because the sellers didn't have a true idea of what their home was worth.

I believe you may owe those tickets to the first guy on Craigslist who said he'd give you the $200.  I don't know, however, if your "hoping to" language allows you to weasel out.

This is not entirely true.  It often happens that people put a home up for sale, receive multiple offers (sometimes exceeding the listed price) and then decide to take it off the market and re-list at a higher price. 

At least for things like houses, the seller must also sign the offer contract.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
You've since deleted the listing, but when I read the page (by my memory) you offered them at $200, not "this is an auction, email me your best offer, starting at $200.  After I get a bunch of offers, I'll pick the highest one."

I have no problem with an auction, as long as it is listed as such.  You got a ton of $200 offers because .. that's what you were asking.
--

As a note for the rest of you .. A fellow regular Scooper's daughter bought off Craigstlist 4x$200 tickets for last week's GB game.  All fake.  $800 lesson.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »
Here's the answer-- if you wanna piss with the big boys, pay Stubhub, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 01:59:29 PM »
This is not entirely true.  It often happens that people put a home up for sale, receive multiple offers (sometimes exceeding the listed price) and then decide to take it off the market and re-list at a higher price. 

Yeah, we also learned that what is technically legal and what ends up happening are two different things.  Also, having the offer and the acceptance both in writing helps (hence an offer contract).  My friends got the homeowners to sign an offer contract the day they listed (or rather, put the ad in the paper).

And in the house example, it has to be an acceptance that is completely free of any other contingencies (qualifying for a mortgage, passing an inspection, selling the old house), which rarely happens.

I am not saying someone is going to sue the OP over this, but in theory, he could.
Have some patience, FFS.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 03:12:56 PM »

I believe you may owe those tickets to the first guy on Craigslist who said he'd give you the $200.

JD,

You know the right thing to do. I am sure you do. The StubHub reference sounds like a Detroit Lions lineman. lol. Craigslist's rules are fair.

Sell them for the very decent price of $200 , to the first who met your offer and chalk up your meager (very meager) paper loss to the regret of a  "not asking for more" experience.
Good friends, good relations, and good reputaion are worth inestimable amounts, but a broken moral compass points to a less rewarding path. If nothing else, restore a scoopers belief in doing the right thing. lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:16:48 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 03:38:26 PM »
As a note for the rest of you .. A fellow regular Scooper's daughter bought off Craigstlist 4x$200 tickets for last week's GB game.  All fake.  $800 lesson.

My daughter has been learning a bit about this, but fortunately has not been burned...yet.  She currently is in possession of two good and authentic tickets to a very desirable concert (in her estimation...your mileage may vary).  She keeps wanting to "trade up" on Craigslist and other sites to get tickets right by the stage.  She was about to pull the trigger on a ticket website a few days ago but before I let her, I had her google the site.  It appears that the site's reviews were about 50/50 "this is a great site" and "the tickets I got were bogus."  Ultimately, she chose to not risk it.

There sure are a lot of questionable ticket re-sale sites out there.  I'm a little paranoid ever since watching someone get turned away at the gate at the Fiesta bowl with some very good fakes.  I tend to stick with StubHub and other big brokers.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 09:56:54 PM »

I'm pretty sure advertisements are considered an invitation to negotiate and not a set offer. Especially if details still need to be discussed to fit all the requirements of sale. Legally I wouldn't see any ground for being forced to sell at 200 but kind of a dick move.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 10:42:45 PM »
Thought scoop had a no scalping rule, but mods can correct me if im wrong. I've only sold MU tickets on Scoop, but always at or below face. I don't mind going below face if it ensures butts in seats at the BC.

LegalEagle15

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 01:42:22 AM »
Advertisements (such as these types of postings) made to the general public are not within the realm of the legal "offer" for a contract, but rather an invitation to deal. The exception to that are rule bounties/rewards. So if he were, for instance, to offer these tickets as a reward for the man or woman who painted Bo Ryan's house blue and gold in the middle of the night, that mischievous and heroic Picasso would be able to claim the tickets.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 10:22:57 AM »
Does it rub anyone else the wrong way that someone would use Scoop for profit when Scoop is a service provided for free to us by our gracious mods?

Selling at face and/or trading is one thing. But outright scalping doesn't sit well with me.