[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Luke Fischer  (Read 37079 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Luke Fischer
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
Is a beast. Enough said.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Luke Fischer
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »
Let's relax.  One game against an undersized team.  He certainly helps and understands the game.  Allows Wojo to play the style of game he would like to see (aggressive man defense, force turnovers, and transition, work the ball inside in the half court).  But I'm not going to expect 8, 5, and 4 blocks every half, or even every game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »
Let's relax.  One game against an undersized team.  He certainly helps and understands the game.  Allows Wojo to play the style of game he would like to see (aggressive man defense, force turnovers, and transition, work the ball inside in the half court).  But I'm not going to expect 8, 5, and 4 blocks every half, or even every game.
you heard it here: no optimism/excitement about our team allowed. Verified facts only.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:53:24 PM »
He had a great first half of his first game at MU.   No arguing it.   I refuse to put him on the Mt. Rushmore of MU.   Yet.   It sure was fun, though.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
He's exactly what we need. Tonight has been gaudy, but his defensive presence has been big on every possession. Too bad Deonte left, he needed a presence like this in the paint to be truly effective.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 08:55:19 PM »
Better then expected, only 1/2 game but pretty excited about the future with the team next year and beyond
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
Let's relax.  One game against an undersized team.  He certainly helps and understands the game.  Allows Wojo to play the style of game he would like to see (aggressive man defense, force turnovers, and transition, work the ball inside in the half court).  But I'm not going to expect 8, 5, and 4 blocks every half, or even every game.

Spot on.  Lets see how he does in BE play against Ochefu, Stainbrook, Hopkins, Obepka, etc.  

But, what a difference, the skill set is there and he can actually catch and shoot the ball.  World of difference from last year with Otule.  Great half for him.  

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 08:57:14 PM »
A five tool big?

Rim protector, rebounder, passer, post moves, pick and roll game?  Enticing........

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
He's exactly what we need. Tonight has been gaudy, but his defensive presence has been big on every possession. Too bad Deonte left, he needed a presence like this in the paint to be truly effective.

Yeah that's the bummer.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »
Wow!  Luke makes us so much better!

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »
He looks better than advertised. Really nice to see a big man make a jump hook. Needs to be careful with the fouls, could have had some more calls in the half. Future looks bright.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 09:01:25 PM »

I expect him to average at least 8/5, but I'll be happy with 1-2 bpg.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
Be the difference Luke.  Love the hook shot!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »

He looks fantastic. Makes everyone better
Anyone with eyes can see that, no need to qualify it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
He looks great.  I'm just saying it was 20 minutes into his Marquette career.  He certainly changes the dynamics of this team, and I think that is going to be where he leaves his biggest mark this season moreso than the numbers he puts up (which, again, have been great this game).  I am expecting something like 8 and 8 from him on average, but to probably have a bigger impact than what those numbers would suggest just in the fact that we haven't had anybody who can do what he does until now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »
He looks great.  I'm just saying it was 20 minutes into his Marquette career.  He certainly changes the dynamics of this team, and I think that is going to be where he leaves his biggest mark this season moreso than the numbers he puts up (which, again, have been great this game).  I am expecting something like 8 and 8 from him on average, but to probably have a bigger impact than what those numbers would suggest just in the fact that we haven't had anybody who can do what he does until now.

Having said that, I have an anticiperection just thinking about him and Hank locking down the 4/5 next season.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 09:24:28 PM »
Having said that, I have an anticiperection just thinking about him and Hank locking down the 4/5 next season.
  :)

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 09:25:32 PM »
A breath of fresh air for this team, for sure.  Appears to have a solid skill set and will only get better.  

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 09:26:42 PM »

Yeah I don't think the points are a huge concern anyways. He'll get his when its there but its on defense where it is an incredible difference. It is opening things up in transition for us. Lets Duane drive at will where he has been sensational today(converting freebies not so much lol).
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »
I thought he'd be a big project.  He doesn't play like a sophomore.   He's a game-changer.  This season just got really interesting.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
Looking tired in the second half.   IMO, Wojo should have run STjr in and out to give him a little rest. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »
He has a high basketball IQ, great fit for Wojo's system.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »
Looking tired in the second half.   IMO, Wojo should have run STjr in and out to give him a little rest. 
He has played a lot more already than i expected

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »

yes

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 09:44:03 PM »
He so thoroughly changes our post defense. What I love is his mere presence can change shots. At least twice, Blakes has driven and pulled up, altering his angle rather than attacking the shot blocker. We didn't have that a week ago.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.