[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: How Bad was Deonte?  (Read 14444 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: How Bad was Deonte?
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2014, 09:57:07 AM »
I don't like banning people. They have the right to their opinion, but how many times can you beat a dead horse. Perhaps the mods could nail him to the bench for a month.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
I kinda like this thread, actually. To watch this many people be irritated at the same time by the same person is rather impressive.

I'm not irritated at all.

Not even sure which person you're referring to - ha!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
You would think so. I put Ners on ignore yesterday, but because he posts so frequently on the same issues that piss people off, people quote him -- and that cannot be IGNORED/HIDDEN. He is literally a one-man wrecking crew. Please don't feed the animals.

Exactly.  Ignoring him becomes pointless because every post of his gets quoted.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
Nerds is being himself again, but there is no doubt: Deonte is legit. Tremendous & painful loss.

Wouldn't mind Wojo tryin to holla at Caleb Swanigan...
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
Nerds is being himself again, but there is no doubt: Deonte is legit. Tremendous & painful loss.

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
Clearly Burton did not fit into Coach Wojo's system. Bye bye and good luck to him

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 11:54:52 AM »
My question is will Deonte be a junior when he becomes eligible to play again?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »
My question is will Deonte be a junior when he becomes eligible to play again?

He will have 1.5 years remaining if he transfers now and picks up after the first semester ends at his new school.

He will have 2.0 years remaining if he transfers now, and redshirts the 2015-16 season.  You can't split a redshirt over two seasons.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »

Duke is in the mix right now.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »

Steal two recruits from Izzo? Count me in.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 12:33:16 PM »

Duke is in the mix right now.

Maybe Coach K is just tugging at his ears in order to tell him how great Coach Wojo is, like he did with Hank  :D
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2014, 03:52:56 PM »
Maybe Coach K is just tugging at his ears in order to tell him how great Coach Wojo is, like he did with Hank  :D

I like the way you think.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »

He will have 1.5 years remaining if he transfers now and picks up after the first semester ends at his new school.

He will have 2.0 years remaining if he transfers now, and redshirts the 2015-16 season.  You can't split a redshirt over two seasons.
You can red-shirt without a legitimate injury? Isn't red-shirt status litigated if that is the right word?

Don't they look into that?

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2014, 10:01:29 AM »
Clearly Burton did not fit into Coach Wojo's system. Bye bye and good luck to him
What do you mean "Coach Wojo's system?" Coach Wojo does not have a sytem....yet. This is not the Pro's!

That is my problem with the whole thing. What system? He needed to grow as a coach and . . . ADAPT.

What system? If he had that type of deal then he should have told these guys that before when he first got here.     

Nothing should have been established until they had Fischer back to see what they have with everyone playing close to their natural spots.

You can't implement a system in 7 games....I'm sorry. Kevin Ollie did but he was at UConn already before he took over for Calhoun.

You are not going to find out if he does not play. And you have these coaches who say, "well he did not show me this or that in practice."

Practice is not games...some coaches think it is. It's not. In 7 games you are not going to have 12 Wojo's running around. That takes time.

Wrong move. 

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »
What do you mean "Coach Wojo's system?" Coach Wojo does not have a sytem....yet. This is not the Pro's!

That is my problem with the whole thing. What system? He needed to grow as a coach and . . . ADAPT.

What system? If he had that type of deal then he should have told these guys that before when he first got here.     

Nothing should have been established until they had Fischer back to see what they have with everyone playing close to their natural spots.

You can't implement a system in 7 games....I'm sorry. Kevin Ollie did but he was at UConn already before he took over for Calhoun.

You are not going to find out if he does not play. And you have these coaches who say, "well he did not show me this or that in practice."

Practice is not games...some coaches think it is. It's not. In 7 games you are not going to have 12 Wojo's running around. That takes time.

Wrong move. 

What "move" did wojo make? How are you able to determine if wojo didn't do everything in his power to keep burton?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
I of course do not know what went on, but Wojo has repeatedly said he only wants players that want to play for MU. Given that, he may of not tried to talk Burton out of transferring.

feedback