collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pacific Northwest Trip  (Read 16833 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Pacific Northwest Trip
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2014, 05:28:37 PM »
The four of you cats gonna hook-up with melissasmooth too?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »

She's out there now hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 08:34:31 PM »

Where is melissasmooth? Does she still post on here?

brandx

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 10:33:10 PM »
Brand

Eastern Oregon is a neat place and offers some of the best high desert environments. I would definitely include Bend in your itinerary - spend at least two nights. The hiking along the Deschutes is spectacular and Bend is a great town with an even better brewery. If you are fly fisher the Deschutes in May is remarkable and stands as one of the best trout rivers anywhere.

Kinsella posted a pic of Smith Rock which is near Bend. If you are a climber then it is a must stop. If you are a hiker bring lunch and you will enjoy scenery better than any John Ford western.

Depending on how far north you get, the Columbia Basin is fabulous and you can do world class wine tasting from Walla Walla all the way to the Willamette. Another neat town along that trail is Hood River which was our base camp for skiing Mt Hood.

Thanks much, buddy.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 10:45:08 PM »
Thanks much, buddy.

PM me and we can synch up as you get closer. Eastern OR is a great place.

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
PM me and we can synch up as you get closer. Eastern OR is a great place.

OK. Probably looking at late June.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 12:16:14 AM »
OK. Probably looking at late June.

It gets out down there that time of year. If you go through Bend you should try rafting the Deschutes

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 07:02:59 AM »
Thanks everybody. This is great information I will save.

My daughter lives in Seattle and we are talking about spending a couple weeks in that part of the country the next time we make the trip to visit her. These are some wonderful options.

keefe and I couldn't quite get together when we were in Seattle in August. Next time we will!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »
Forget about you. Just give keefe your daughter's cell number and I'm certain he'll take good care of her.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
Thanks everybody. This is great information I will save.

My daughter lives in Seattle and we are talking about spending a couple weeks in that part of the country the next time we make the trip to visit her. These are some wonderful options.

keefe and I couldn't quite get together when we were in Seattle in August. Next time we will!

Mike

MS is kicking us out of the nest so we are opening our design/dev office in one of the lofts in Pioneer Square. Lots of ways to get in trouble there and close to where your daughter works. It'll be much easier to synch this time. Looking forward to it.

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 10:37:29 PM »
Rereading this thread as I'm trying to plan out my trip and there are a lot of good options out there with some good advice from you all.  We get into Seattle on Saturday afternoon and fly out of San Francisco the following Sunday.  Right now the plan is to spend through dinner on Monday in Seattle and then hit the road, making a few stops and ultimately arriving in SF on Thursday afternoon.  It sounds like Cannon Beach is one place we should stop, and I have been told to stay in Portland as well.  I personally would love to stop at Crater Lake.  The problem I see is that Seattle, Portland, and Cannon Beach are all somewhat close in distance rather than kind of evenly spacing the trip out.

I guess my questions for those who may know are should we plan to stay one night at/near Cannon Beach and another in Portland?  If so, is it worth to head inland to Crater Lake before the (what Mapquest shows) 7 hour drive from there to SF?  Or are there better stops to more evenly split the trip up in terms of driving time?

Thanks again!  Sorry if this is redundant.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback