'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wisconsin opens as 10 point favorite over MU  (Read 14820 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Re: Wisconsin opens as 10 point favorite over MU
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2014, 08:44:01 PM »
I would take UW and lay the points. This game could get very ugly. Kaminsky will have a field day with  his size advantage.

Our guards should attack the paint early and all day, and try and get Kaminsky in early foul trouble.  He's not a shot blocker at all.  Run some iso and pick and roll plays and make him guard all the way to the basket.  

Kaminsky on the bench in foul trouble would change the entire complexion of the game tomorrow.  Especially with Dekker clearly not 100%.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:55:41 PM by HutchwasClutch »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »
I believe Pomeroy has UW by 11. Vegas almost always uses Pomeroys projected score differential as it's spread.

According to Pomeroy, Vegas is more accurate than he is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

DiehardMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »
I agree that a win tomorrow is not likely.  But everyone thought UCONN would destroy MU in their first BE game.  Heck, even this season after the Omaha and NJIT games people were saying 0-3 in Orlando and 6-7 wins total.

Wojo will get some advice from Coach K and also knows a thing or two about rivalries.  He'll have the guys ready...

Foul trouble for 2 out of 3 of Kaminsky, Dekker and Hayes (who was non-existent against Duke due to fouls) would be huge.  So let Duane, Burton, and JJJ attack these guys.  Heck, let Derrick barrel into them.  They'll get a few flops but some fouls too.  Maybe Carlino will be hot again.

An unlikely win, but I'm not writing it off yet and hope that it is at least a fun game with lots of grimace, growls, and crying from Bo, Frank, Dekker, Koenig, and Gasser. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 09:34:25 PM »
Who are the refs tomorrow?

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2014, 09:40:02 PM »
Burr, Higgins and Hightower

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 09:59:07 PM »
Nobody has had as big of an advantage as Kaminsky.

Honestly I think 25 is a lock and I am expecting in the 30s.

But if we keep the rest of the team in check and Jackson goes back to bad Jackson we can maybe keep it kinda close.

Yes they have. Kentucky and other teams as good as or better than Wisconsin have played teams much worse and even shorter than Marquette. Kaminsky is not Bird or Bill Russell. We are not Grambling State. Will Kaminsky have a great game? Probably. But saying you don't see a way that he doesn't drop at least 40 is a bit much.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:06:33 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 10:07:42 PM »
Mark Miller retweeted
Scott Williams @Spjscottwill  ·  46m 46 minutes ago
SPASH junior Sam Hauser will be in attendance at the Marquette-Wisconsin basketball game Saturday as guest of the Golden Eagles
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2014, 11:07:12 PM »
Mark Miller retweeted
Scott Williams @Spjscottwill  ·  46m 46 minutes ago
SPASH junior Sam Hauser will be in attendance at the Marquette-Wisconsin basketball game Saturday as guest of the Golden Eagles

Not sure that's the game I'd invite a recruit to.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2014, 11:34:28 PM »

+1

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2014, 11:50:47 PM »

Yeah, you talk about something potentially backfiring on you.  Let's hope it's a sign that Wojo is highly confident his team is ready to be more than just competitive tomorrow.  And like Wojo says, this is why guys come to play at MU.  It will be a great college environment, packed house, huge student section, the works.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:52:38 PM by HutchwasClutch »

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2014, 11:52:31 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 12:10:06 AM »

I think Mr. Hauser is well aware that Bucky will be the heavy favorites in this one. I'm sure he's also aware that they will be gutted by graduation next season and Dekker may leave as well whereas Marquette currently has a top 5 recruiting class. I think this is a great game to take a recruit to. The Bradley will be filled and fans will be at their loudest and proudest. If we lose, its exactly what was expected. If we win, Hauser may commit on the spot! Low risk, high reward scenario.
TAMU

Shark

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 12:17:44 AM »
I think Mr. Hauser is well aware that Bucky will be the heavy favorites in this one. I'm sure he's also aware that they will be gutted by graduation next season and Dekker may leave as well whereas Marquette currently has a top 5 recruiting class. I think this is a great game to take a recruit to. The Bradley will be filled and fans will be at their loudest and proudest. If we lose, its exactly what was expected. If we win, Hauser may commit on the spot! Low risk, high reward scenario.

I like the way you think. We need more people like you.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 01:51:10 AM »
According to Pomeroy, Vegas is more accurate than he is.

This. Correlation does not imply causation.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »

It's not so much the potential loss, it's that the BC will be overrun with red.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 09:03:59 AM »

Bullseye
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

The Process

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »
Burr, Higgins and Hightower

Ugh. So expect the game to take 4 hours, then.
Relax. Respect the Process.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »
It's not so much the potential loss, it's that the BC will be overrun with red.

I've never seen the BC get more than 15% red. Especially when their football team in the B1G championship. Badger fans would much rather spend all day watching pregame coverage of their football team than attend one of their basketball team's actual games. I trust our fans ability to shout out whatever Bucky fans show up. Plus, having a little red there will make it an even more raucous environment.
TAMU

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2014, 09:33:12 AM »
When Duane drills a buzzer beater to break Badger backs 67-66, I'm sure there will be plenty of noise despite the sea of red.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »

I think the poster who has the game's officiating crew as Burr, Higgins, Hightower, pulled three names of refs that he happens to know out of his you know what.  I don't find anywhere that lists the officiating crew for this game.  Nor have I ever heard of officiating crews being made public prior to gametime.   I don't think anyone knows ahead of time other than those probably on coaching staffs, SID depts of each school, and the television crew. I'm calling bullshine on the guy who put this up as fact.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »

I think he was just offering a suggestion of one of the few things that would make it even less likely that MU fans will have a good experience today, short of the BC running out of beer at the 16:00 mark of the 1st half.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
I think the poster who has the game's officiating crew as Burr, Higgins, Hightower, pulled three names of refs that he happens to know out of his you know what.  I don't find anywhere that lists the officiating crew for this game.  Nor have I ever heard of officiating crews being made public prior to gametime.   I don't think anyone knows ahead of time other than those probably on coaching staffs, SID depts of each school, and the television crew. I'm calling bullshine on the guy who put this up as fact.

Pretty sure there was implied teal on that one. Higgins and Hightower both retired.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
Pretty sure there was implied teal on that one. Higgins and Hightower both retired.

You have a more positive outlook on human nature than I do.  People's capacity to flat tell lies on the internet to get attention is boundless. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 10:10:12 AM »
Wuck Fisconsin!!!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »
Last night Yale won at UCONN 45-44 as 8.5 point dogs.  We can certainly upset WI at the BC!  GO WARRIORS!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein