'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Do you want Ners banned?

Yes
161 (53.7%)
No
139 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 298

Voting closed: November 25, 2014, 11:21:46 AM

Author Topic: Should Ners be banned?  (Read 53960 times)

Farley36

• All American
Re: Should Ners be banned?
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »
The most self absorbed thing about this poll is not that Ners created a poll about himself, but the fact that he thinks he's potentially responsible for this board being unreadable.   MUScoop was unreadable long before your recent thread hijacking.  

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »
Can the message board software just be configured to not post anything related to Derrick Wilson or Dawson by Ners?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »
Can the message board software just be configured to not post anything related to Derrick Wilson or Dawson by Ners?

Can Ners be configured to not post anything related to Derrick Wilson or Dawson?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
No.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
Douche bag thread of the Millenium.

teamdee

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
get off your high horse ners, no one cares

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
get off your high horse ners, no one cares

Good post.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »
No, but your conduct and this inane thread is an example of how you are making this a worse community to discuss Marquette basketball. That should really contribute to you feeling a need to moderate yourself.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2014, 12:35:14 PM »
This thread is so preposterous that I almost have to respect it.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2014, 12:46:11 PM »
#donedeal

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2014, 12:48:04 PM »
I voted yes.

The essence of this board is its free wheeling nature.  This is nurtured by the mods, who trust us  to be  self moderating.  They remind us of this from time to time.  

Ners has no ability to self moderate.  If this is a close vote, he will use it as vindication to go even further over the edge.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 12:55:09 PM »
This thread is so preposterous that I almost have to respect it.

HAHAHA same.

I can freely admit I laughed out loud the moment I saw this thread..looked right...saw who started the thread...and saw the # of replies.

And the replies went basically how I could have imagined.

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
I often lurk but don't post too frequently. But I believe the few things I've said are balanced and so I'll add this: Ners is a total butt. Good riddance if he actually pays attention to the results of this retarded poll and leaves (not likely).

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
Really, jeans? Couldn't find a better word for this poll than that?

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 01:03:55 PM »
I voted "no." While I feel it is improper to campaign for others to vote the same, I thought I would provide a top ten list for reasons why to vote no.

10. The thing about extremes is that they always exist. Strip away the extremes, and someone inside moves closer to the outside. No Ners means Big Daddy just became a slight bit crazier. I can't live in that world.

9. Without the lunacy of Ners, this board might just become the Dodds board. While I appreciate the Dodds board as a nice vacation spot from time to time, the Mu Scoop fray is much more enticing.

8. The BMA smackdown of Ners loses its luster if Ners isn't around to argue about how it wasn't a smack down.

7. Ners is a perfect reminder of why "logic" should be taught throughout a person's schooling and not just rendered an elective in high school or college.

6. Feeling like you might be a little crazy? Read one of Ners' posts and you'll instantaneously be reminded of what crazy really is; a true barometer for craziness.

5. Without Ners, we might forget who John Dawson is. Seriously.

4. Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will never hurt us....unless they are written by Ners, the king of insults. A little trivia: In just his 4th post ever (as Ners, anyway), Ners wrote the following in a MU Scoop argument: "You come off pretty pompous and all-knowing, might want to re-evaluate your all-knowing attitude..." Whoa, baby. Genius from the beginning.

3. This poll is absolutely a reason to vote "no." Without Ners, gems such as this poll wouldn't be the property and province of MU Scoop. I, for one, am happy to be a member of a community that can boast that it has the most self-indulgent, ridiculous, popularity poll in the history of mankind.

2. Keep Austin weird; Keep Mu Scoop insane.

1. Ahh, F it. I am voting "yes."

PS. This list came out way less funny than it was originally envisioned in my mind. Honestly, it is pretty much comedic crap. Feel free to edit and revise as you all see fit.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 01:08:19 PM »
Hoping a kid is injured and can't play?  See ya
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
I voted "no." While I feel it is improper to campaign for others to vote the same, I thought I would provide a top ten list for reasons why to vote no.

10. The thing about extremes is that they always exist. Strip away the extremes, and someone inside moves closer to the outside. No Ners means Big Daddy just became a slight bit crazier. I can't live in that world.

9. Without the lunacy of Ners, this board might just become the Dodds board. While I appreciate the Dodds board as a nice vacation spot from time to time, the Mu Scoop fray is much more enticing.

8. The BMA smackdown of Ners loses its luster if Ners isn't around to argue about how it wasn't a smack down.

7. Ners is a perfect reminder of why "logic" should be taught throughout a person's schooling and not just rendered an elective in high school or college.

6. Feeling like you might be a little crazy? Read one of Ners' posts and you'll instantaneously be reminded of what crazy really is; a true barometer for craziness.

4. Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will never hurt us....unless they are written by Ners, the king of insults. A little trivia: In just his 4th post ever (as Ners, anyway), Ners wrote the following in a MU Scoop argument: "You come off pretty pompous and all-knowing, might want to re-evaluate your all-knowing attitude..." Whoa, baby. Genius from the beginning.

3. This poll is absolutely a reason to vote "no." Without Ners, gems such as this poll wouldn't be the property and province of MU Scoop. I, for one, am happy to be a member of a community that can boast that it has the most self-indulgent, ridiculous, popularity poll in the history of mankind.

PS. This list came out way less funny than it was originally envisioned in my mind. Honestly, it is pretty much comedic crap. Feel free to edit and revise as you all see fit.

No editing needed.  You nailed it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Fullodds

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »
I voted Yes only because you created the poll for yourself.   

"Enough about myself, what do you think of me?"

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »
Sorry, MUfan12. I forgot that was an uncouth phrase to use nowadays (I say that sincerely). Gist of the post remains--dude detracts far more than he adds and probably has a personality disorder as starting this thread demonstrates.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
Cmon Ners.  Don't be a martyr.  

He learned from the best.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ATVSandKARATE

• Scholarship Player
  • Deflections!
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
This poll is more useless than Derrick Wilson
I have been thinking about you a lot since last weekend. A whole lot.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
Little Murs

+1

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2014, 01:37:47 PM »
Oh wait ... I thought it said "Should Ners be tanned?"

I thought it somehow was linking our resident ex-prep-hotshot/self-proclaimed-super-expert with our former coach.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »

This is fantastic.

Ellisium

• Starter
  • The Dark One Shall Rise Again
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
Ners brings more entertainment than the majority of you dolts combined.  Without him, this forum would be as bland as generic oatmeal every morning for 15 years.   

Of course ..... the entertainment value will double when the dark lord himself returns.  Take Heed !!!!!!!!!

feedback