[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 3100 Students, 1500 ATHLETES Implicated In The UNC Cheating Scandal  (Read 22388 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: 3100 Students, 1500 ATHLETES Implicated In The UNC Cheating Scandal
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2015, 05:27:26 AM »
1. "guesses" vs. "seems".... kinda the same thing, no?

2. Are you really trying to correct someone on a post when you believe said post to be incorrect in its description of an event? You're the king of that. Maybe I'm just trying to generate views with my post. Is that wrong? Pot meet kettle.

I assumed your comment was from reading the story only.  I added color from watching the video.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2015, 06:34:00 AM »
Roy Williams said “it would help if the NCAA would just tell us what the allegations are."

That's the funniest part of this whole thing.

i think he knows, but want to know WHICH ONES they are going to have to justify/defend-heyna?

in other words, we're aren't going to show you our **** until you show us yours ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
i think he knows, but want to know WHICH ONES they are going to have to justify/defend-heyna?

in other words, we're aren't going to show you our **** until you show us yours ;D

Again here is the timeline:

North Carolina has 90 days to submit its response to the Notice of Allegations (which was received in May 20). The NCAA's enforcement staff then has 60 days to send its own response, which is followed by a hearing before the Committee of Infractions (COI) that will likely occur sometime in the fall. The COI will then release its final report, which includes the penalties, six to eight weeks after the hearing.

So you're saying the NCAA is just like FIFA and the fix is in and what will result from this timeline has already been decided (and Goodman knows what it will be) and the rest is kabuki theater.

Actually I buy this!!! ... now that Sepp Blatter is unemployed, maybe he can run the NCAA.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2015, 11:44:35 AM »
...and SACS places UNC on 1 year probation (again)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2015, 09:31:06 AM »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
the onion??

who needs the integrity talk?  and whitney ::) must have been the the teachers pet-heyyyna?  funny visual
don't...don't don't don't don't

source?

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2015, 04:11:26 PM »
This has to be fake right?

Talk about a smoking gun. It's too perfect.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2015, 10:06:14 AM »
This has to be fake right?

it is NOT fake, just a part of what PackPride has uncovered in the data dump UNC released

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
If that e-mail is legit, either the TA involved was deliberately leaving a paper trail, or was incredibly indiscreet.   Unless building a paper trail, a conversation like that should take place face-to-face. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2015, 08:49:09 PM »
If that e-mail is legit, either the TA involved was deliberately leaving a paper trail, or was incredibly indiscreet.   Unless building a paper trail, a conversation like that should take place face-to-face.

I wonder if any UNC professors in unrelated programs are calling out her incompetence in a blog entry.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »

Agreed.  I lost a huge amount of respect for the NCAA after it pulled back heavily on its Penn State sanctions.

Why's that? One guy was dead, the other in prison. Why are you for punishing players and coaches who were not even there at the time?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:38 PM »
Why's that? One guy was dead, the other in prison. Why are you for punishing players and coaches who were not even there at the time?
That type of claiming ignorance/cover up/denial of administrative knowledge is indicative of a systemic problem and not just the acts of two people.  The only reason to think that the system and administration shouldn't be held accountable beyond those two is if you believe the academic and scholastic branches of a university are, and should be treated, separately.

*edit - just realized you pulled a quote from a year ago.  I retract my post on the grounds of "that horse has been beaten enough"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:00:52 PM by naginiF »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »
UNC leaders reject finding that administrators meddled in controversial sports history class

UNC-Chapel Hill Chancellor Carol Folt and the Board of Trustees have rejected a faculty grievance committee's report concluding that senior administrators pressured the history department over the scheduling of a class that delved into UNC's athletics scandal.

Provost Bob Blouin and Folt rejected the faculty committee's recommendations, and the trustees upheld Folt's decision on March 29, according to documents obtained by The News & Observer.

Last year, a three-member faculty panel ruled in favor of Jay Smith, a UNC history professor and frequent critic of the university's handling of the long-running scandal involving no-show classes for athletes.

Smith had filed a grievance alleging that his course, History 383, "Big-Time College Sports and the Rights of Athletes," drew undue attention and intervention from Kevin Guskiewicz, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article210286749.html#storylink=cpy