Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Something more amazing than Henry committing!  (Read 7064 times)

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Something more amazing than Henry committing!
« on: October 09, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »
Is it just me or is it amazing that Mike Hunt actually has a story on this....TODAY!!!!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/278663871.html

Must be that lunar eclipse that made everything line up correctly...

oh, and check some of the Vadger comments.  Here they come.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:15:49 PM by Lighthouse 84 »
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Something more amazing than Henry committing!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 02:23:58 PM »
My personal favorite, "He would have redshirted at Madison anyways"

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »

I also liked the "stone is light years ahead of HE." but yes, the redshirt is the winner.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
"UW was cut from the list because Bo quit recruiting him."

brandx

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »

Bo NEVER recruits 6'9" - 6'10" white guys who can play away from the basket.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »
Bo NEVER recruits 6'9" - 6'10" white guys who can play away from the basket.
especially ones from northern, wi...way out of bo's recruiting range.  i don't think bo and buzz often recruited the same type of player (obviously everyone wants some players), and i think that worked out nicely for both of them...i expect wojo and bo will clash over players a bit more, and if i were bo i'd be worried about that.  that said, bo wins with anyone, but i can personally attest to some players on the current team not feeling like he's doing much to help their progress to the next level. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »

I like "Wojo's biggest challenge will be dealing with the kid's parents. His mother makes Maymon's dad seem like the Pillsbury doughboy."

What does that even mean?
Have some patience, FFS.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:08 PM »

Well in fairness Bo did quit recruiting him but it was after Henry made it obvious that he had little to no interest.

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
I like "Wojo's biggest challenge will be dealing with the kid's parents. His mother makes Maymon's dad seem like the Pillsbury doughboy."

They have no idea what the F they are even talking about.  Go check the Badgers boards,  they day Henry crossed UW off the list, is the day they started saying that crap.

Rationalization is a very strong emotion...

Out of the 2 players.(stone and ellenson)  I have no inside scoop on Henry.  But I do know people who have taught and coached Stone and dealt with his parents in the past.  I have no idea how his recruitment is going and I wont say these things have popped up during Stone's recruitment.  But I will say that the Stone family would definitely fall into the category of some of those comments that UW fans are making about Henry and his family.  They are delusional and cant believe somebody would not really pick UW.  It HAS to be the other way around in their minds...

Wash, rinse repeat with a lot of recruits that spurn the almighty UW.  I just hope we continue to have problem recruits like Wes Matthews and Blue.

Oh well...
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 08:43:17 PM »
There is no doubt henry will qualify.  As for other in state prospects, remains to be seen
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »
This one is my new favorite:

"Everyone KNOWS why Ellenson signed with MU. About $120,000 was funneled to his family by giving Henry's brother a "scholarship". I'm surprised their dad hasn't been hired in some capacity in the crooked MU program. There is NOTHING alluring about MU. It is a lower tier school academically, and is in a mid-major conference. The campus is in a dangerous area, and students fear for their lives. The rental arena they play in is awful, and the campus life is almost nonexistent. Wojo is going to use MU as a stepping stone and resume padding until better jobs open up. Other than these facts, MU seems like a great choice."
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 07:28:05 AM »
Wow, chick, we now have a new standard for cluelessness in one post.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 07:53:44 AM »
Wow, chick, we now have a new standard for cluelessness in one post.   

Even other Badger fans were calling this guy a d-bag.
Have some patience, FFS.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 07:56:55 AM »

"Everyone KNOWS why Ellenson signed with MU. About $120,000 was funneled to his family by giving Henry's brother a "scholarship". I'm surprised their dad hasn't been hired in some capacity in the crooked MU program. There is NOTHING alluring about MU. It is a lower tier school academically, and is in a mid-major conference. The campus is in a dangerous area, and students fear for their lives. The rental arena they play in is awful, and the campus life is almost nonexistent. Wojo is going to use MU as a stepping stone and resume padding until better jobs open up. Other than these facts, MU seems like a great choice."

At least it wasn't tax payer money.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 08:35:06 AM »
At least it wasn't tax payer money.
Speaking of "rental arenas", how about the Kohl Center funded by fruit loops money.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Schmidtyfactor

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »

As posted elsewhere, Mom has history at Minn as being a bit overwhelming and loud about how her son was (not) being played.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »
As posted elsewhere, Mom has history at Minn as being a bit overwhelming and loud about how her son was (not) being played.

But what does that have to do with the Pillsbury Doughboy?  Does Maymon's dad giggle when you poke him in the belly?
Have some patience, FFS.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »
The doughboy is a fun loving, non confrontational, ticklish thing.
Their Mom........not so much apparently.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »

In a country where parents of an eighth grader are being arrested almost weekly for assaulting the coach of their child's youth football team, somehow I can stomach the mother/wife of a stud athletic family getting passionate about playing time.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »

Sigh.

Let's run through this one more time. I continue to be amazed by UW-Madison fans' obsession with academics. I guess it's because UW-Madison is the #1 ranked school in the US....oh wait, that would be Princeton. I guess it's because UW-Madison is the #1 public school in the US...oh wait, that would be Cal-Berkeley. I guess it's because UW-Madison is the #1 school in the Big 10...oh wait, that would be Northwestern. I guess it's because UW-Madison is the second ranked school in the Big 10...oh wait, that would be Michigan. Well, at least they're the third ranked school in the Big 10...oh wait, that would be Illinois.

As far as MU's location. Yes, MU is in a city...and deals with the problems that come with an urban location. However, perhaps someone can shed some light on that crack 'hood that hugs the western side of UW's campus. Isn't that were Montee Ball got jumped? Visited their precious campus last year and wandered into a few of their neighborhoods. My girlfriend's words after a few minutes..."Ummmm, we can go now."

Now...back to Henry Ellenson. YES!!!!!!!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 10:18:17 PM »
$100 says that the JS goes out and hires a real beat writer for MU now that the national media thinks MU is relevant again.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback