Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Thank you Bill Cords and Fr. Wild  (Read 10431 times)

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
Thank you Bill Cords and Fr. Wild
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »
We all should be thanking Bill and Fr. Wild for their commitment to MU. When MU was in need these two "warriors" were summoned from the bullpen and answered the call.  They have more than steadied the ship, we are sailing stronger now than ever before.  Both deserve our gratitude and thanks. Their choices for the two most public "faces" for MU:

1) Dr. Lovell
2) Coach Wojo

Are 5 Star recruits.

Fr. Wild and Bill,

Thanks you your love and support of MU.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Thank you Bill Cords and Fr. Wild
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »
I'm adding Mrs. Smart to the list, as well.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »

+1

Things happen for a reason.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 12:36:01 PM »

I was glad we passed on Martin and Howland but disappointed we missed on Smart. Not any more. Thanks, Mrs. Smart, for undoing the done deal.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 12:37:19 PM »
We all should be thanking Bill and Fr. Wild for their commitment to MU. When MU was in need these two "warriors" were summoned from the bullpen and answered the call.  They have more than steadied the ship, we are sailing stronger now than ever before.  Both deserve our gratitude and thanks. Their choices for the two most public "faces" for MU:

1) Dr. Lovell
2) Coach Wojo

Are 5 Star recruits.

Fr. Wild and Bill,

A little bit of patting yourself on the back here, Fr. Wild.

But seriously, this has been a tumultuous era for Marquette and it's amazing to see just how the ship has been righted. I look forward to some good sailing ahead!
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »
This is a game changer. Biggest get in a long time and congrats to all involved.

Bob "Big Daddy" Wild

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 01:03:10 PM »
A little bit of patting yourself on the back here, Fr. Wild.

But seriously, this has been a tumultuous era for Marquette and it's amazing to see just how the ship has been righted. I look forward to some good sailing ahead!

Today inspired me to change my screen name.  Hope no one takes offense, but it cracks me up.
Former president.  Part-time MUScooper.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
LOL.  To think that six months ago, this board was looking like this:

Have some patience, FFS.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 01:24:32 PM »

1) Dr. Lovell
2) Coach Wojo

Are 5 Star recruits.

Fr. Wild and Bill,

Amen to that, and hopefully we will all be looking back and adding Coach Peters Kieger's name and others to that list that these two were responsible for getting to MU. 

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »

1) Dr. Lovell
2) Coach Wojo

Are 5 Star recruits.

Fr. Wild and Bill,

Very well said and +1 too!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

MayaSmart

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »

Thank you.  I appreciate it.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »
Indeed. Fr. Wild and Bill Cords are class acts who love and live this university. A big thank you!

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:02 PM »
I was glad we passed on Martin and Howland but disappointed we missed on Smart. Not any more. Thanks, Mrs. Smart, for undoing the done deal.

She undid the done deal?  What did I miss?  Someone want to kindly fill me in?  Link to a thread?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »
She undid the done deal?  What did I miss?  Someone want to kindly fill me in?  Link to a thread?
Was said she did not approve, didn't want to move, leave her job....
Goal is National Championship

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »
She undid the done deal?  What did I miss?  Someone want to kindly fill me in?  Link to a thread?

You didnt miss anything its IWB ' s BS story that he was actually correct and Smart to MU was indeed a .  Donedeal .  Until ms smart put her foot down made him renege.  Yes compete attempt at saving face BS.  Worse than saying he made a mistake.  Sadly some believe the story
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:18:51 PM by River rat »

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 12:13:43 PM »

I was also disappointed MU missed on Smart....initially. However, as soon as I saw Wojo introduced as MU's new coach, I was instantly all in. Had a good feeling then. Have a great feeling now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 12:20:17 PM »
I was also disappointed MU missed on Smart....initially. However, as soon as I saw Wojo introduced as MU's new coach, I was instantly all in. Had a good feeling then. Have a great feeling now.

MU got Smart and then fired him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »

Story is Shaka agreed to come to MU, then turned it over to Maya who acts as his agent.  Maya said; "Whoa, Buzz had some problems with the AD, and we don't know who the new AD will be.  To avoid any possible conflicts later, we'd like some input into who the new AD will be.  How about we give you a list of three names to choose from?"

MU: "Hummmm, no thanks."

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
MU showed Smart the door

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 12:39:49 PM »
Story is Shaka agreed to come to MU, then turned it over to Maya who acts as his agent.  Maya said; "Whoa, Buzz had some problems with the AD, and we don't know who the new AD will be.  To avoid any possible conflicts later, we'd like some input into who the new AD will be.  How about we give you a list of three names to choose from?"

A huge thank you to Maya.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »
I was underwhelmed when Wojo's name came up.  When he was at Duke, I hated the media hype for Duke and Wojo as the scrappy, white PG known for his pesky defense.  Wojo was Aaron Craft before Aaron Craft.

I'm happy to say I've converted.  Wojo won the press conference and put together a very good first recruiting class.  We'll see what happens when they take the floor but I'm very, very optimistic.  Much more so than I was 6 months ago.

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 12:46:52 PM »
Agreed.  Thank you Bill Cords and Fr. Wild.  To this point, it appears you made a "smart" hire. ;D

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »

Thanks for the update, guys. 

While I'm certainly cool with letting the coach have input, even substantial input, on who the new AD will be, I don't like the sound of one guy (and/or his wife) potentially getting spoiled and thinking they can run the university.  History has shown that that leads to disasters of JoePa proportions.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 01:01:39 PM »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback