[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Done Deal - Henry Ellenson to Marquette!  (Read 68434 times)

Shark

• All American
Re: Done Deal - Henry Ellenson to Marquette!
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2014, 01:38:45 PM »
just think back to how sad we all were when MU missed post-season play.

Now fast forward to now. What a turn around. I'm 100% on board with Wojo already. This guy is killing it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2014, 01:40:24 PM »
DD is not the only one, but he is someone that they are on right now, before he commits to Purdue.  HE's commitment today was not just by chance. His commitment means a lot to other players and will be a factor who joins the "Family".
Dominoes are falling.

PS  I am not Father Wild (that made me chuckle) or related to a player. Who I am is a Warrior that loves:

1) My Lord
2) These United States of America
3) My Family
4) Marquette
5) Real Chili

In that order....

God, Country, Family, in that order?  Well hello Kiefer Sutherland!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
We are MARQUETTE Family!!!

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »
I welcome the 70s back with open arms. All it takes is one high profile commit

Amen brother!!!!

I have followed Marquette since I was a youngster in 1965 and don't remember feeling like this about a recruit since maybe Maurice Lucas or Earl Tatum. This one is something special.

I loved Al and our 1970s teams, but at the risk of being a jerk, it's time to move on. I had hoped the Hillbilly would help us move on. He got us close but not quite. If Wojo is who we think he is, he'll be retired up there with ole 77!

This old Warrior is proud of what we're building!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2014, 02:11:47 PM »
So when does he announce he will redshirt?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:44 PM »
Welcome to the Marquette family, Henry!!!

Hard to imagine Wojo possibly getting off to a better start than he has.  The future looks incredibly bright!

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »
my boss, a big Badger fan, already wants to bet me that Henry will be "average at best" LOL

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »
Welcome to the Marquette family, Henry!!!

Hard to imagine Wojo possibly getting off to a better start than he has.  The future looks incredibly bright!

Hard to imagine that any coach could get off to a start like this... first recruiting class in his first head coaching job a Top 5 class in the nation?!?  There's no way he can top that.  He's definitely peaked.  Look for Wojo to be at Northwestern in 2015-16 because, after all, he's a man of character.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brandx

« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »
jake cunningham @jakepc94
Follow
@GaryParrishCBS only reason they got him is cause they took his brother who'll never see the floor on schollie
9:53 AM - 9 Oct 2014

Sounds like someone called Buff to get that quote.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
Seriously?

Yes.  I hope our fans let the kid enjoy the experience and don't go overkill on it.  Dead serious.  There will be some that will expect him to walk on water, which is unfortunate.  There will be some that will carve statue figurines and put them next to their bed.  Whatever.  Cool to be excited, I'm certainly happy he is at MU.  I hope that fans will let him enjoy the experience, one can already tell by this thread and others that the expectations are not always linked to reality....that's my concern, especially when talking about 18 year old kids.  Some people expect too much....it's fandom, I get it.  To each their own.

It's one of the reasons I didn't put his name in my username...I wanted to treat him no differently than any other recruit.  TEAM is the name of the game, no I in team.  An exceptional talent, no doubt.  Hope he enjoys MU, I trust he will. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2014, 03:31:15 PM »
Yes.  I hope our fans let the kid enjoy the experience and don't go overkill on it.  Dead serious.  There will be some that will expect him to walk on water, which is unfortunate.  There will be some that will carve statue figurines and put them next to their bed.  Whatever.  Cool to be excited, I'm certainly happy he is at MU.  I hope that fans will let him enjoy the experience, one can already tell by this thread and others that the expectations are not always linked to reality....that's my concern, especially when talking about 18 year old kids.  Some people expect too much....it's fandom, I get it.  To each their own.

It's one of the reasons I didn't put his name in my username...I wanted to treat him no differently than any other recruit.  TEAM is the name of the game, no I in team.  An exceptional talent, no doubt.  Hope he enjoys MU, I trust he will. 

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
Finally some pick and roll options for MU with he and Fischer- this is going to open things wide up or this team!!!

Early nickname option.....HE-man!!!

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2014, 03:41:07 PM »
Yes.  I hope our fans let the kid enjoy the experience and don't go overkill on it.  Dead serious.  There will be some that will expect him to walk on water, which is unfortunate.  There will be some that will carve statue figurines and put them next to their bed.  Whatever.  Cool to be excited, I'm certainly happy he is at MU.  I hope that fans will let him enjoy the experience, one can already tell by this thread and others that the expectations are not always linked to reality....that's my concern, especially when talking about 18 year old kids.  Some people expect too much....it's fandom, I get it.  To each their own.

It's one of the reasons I didn't put his name in my username...I wanted to treat him no differently than any other recruit.  TEAM is the name of the game, no I in team.  An exceptional talent, no doubt.  Hope he enjoys MU, I trust he will.  
I think everyone wants that. This is just self-righteous fluff.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2014, 03:43:31 PM »
my boss, a big Badger fan, already wants to bet me that Henry will be "average at best" LOL

In the NBA?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »

ABE LINCOLN WAS ALSO AT THE BEER SUMMIT?!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #190 on: October 09, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »
Im pretty sure this signing earned Wojo a ride on the coaching carousel this upcoming Spring....

First up.....Indiana

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #191 on: October 09, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
Im pretty sure this signing earned Wojo a ride on the coaching carousel this upcoming Spring....

First up.....Indiana

Well done!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #192 on: October 09, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »

Rest assured, you will NOT be receiving an invite to the gallery opening for my Henry Ellenson hand-carved figurine collection.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #193 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
I think everyone wants that. This is just self-righteous fluff.

Chicos?  Self-righteous?   No. can't be true.

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:52 PM »
So very, very happy!!!!

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2014, 04:00:44 PM »
Rest assured, you will NOT be receiving an invite to the gallery opening for my Henry Ellenson hand-carved figurine collection.

Good one!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
Any y'all without wood on this news better see your urologist, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »

Not a huge fan of that show but this response is PERFECT

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2014, 04:20:42 PM »
Any y'all without wood on this news better see your urologist, aina?

Aina.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2014, 04:59:05 PM »
Not a huge fan of that show but this response is PERFECT

I bet that Chicos not only knows how cornmeal came to be, but he also met the ancestor of the inventor at a random business meeting that took place several years ago.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback