Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Levin  (Read 34974 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Levin
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2014, 05:37:04 PM »
Theyre all such jag offs. We have our problems over on this board but we have never started up our own thread regarding one of their players transferring. So happy Northwestern beat them in football this weekend.

Lighten up. It's not like Bo never stuck it to a player, and I don't think Wojo did that to Levin. Have to admit the phrase Wojacked was clever and pretty funny.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »
Big daddy is the best

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Thanks, Big Daddy.  One correction, though.   Next year STjr will be a senior PF.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
Hope this signals Taylor looking great.  With Heldt and Fischer no need for Taylor to play the 5.  If he saw Taylor looking like a bonafide starter someone at the 4 was going to be unhappy...

Taylor?  Levin wants to play guard.  The opportunity to play there was part of his criteria for choosing where to go.  Cheatham probably had more to do with this than any other recruit.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
Taylor is looking great...

Gabe was not going to play 3-guard or small fwd so it was 4/5 only for him.
Hard to ask a player to sit out a full year and then not look to play much in next couple of years. Better for player to transfer now and get into a new program asap where playing time will be available.  That was the situation Gabe thought he was coming to here.

WOJO did not tell him to go. It was Gabe's choice and he feels it is the right choice for him, so best of luck to Gabe. Things can change in a few months and they have for MU basketball.

Next year we have at 4/5
STJ - JR PF
Luke F-JR C
4 star Freshman Center
5 star Freshman PF

Gabe would have been 5th man, in a rotation that will more than likely have >95% of the minutes taken by the four above for 1 year for sure and who knows after that. 

PS Are recruiting for 2015 with additional schollie available.  Charging hard now on a top 100 that has been associated with MU and STJ connection.

Thanks, this is good info. I just wish these kids wouldn't give up so easily. You never know what can happen to the players in front of you. Maybe it's best they leave if they are going to give up so easily instead of trying to see it through.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
No Gabe Levin on the poster. This must have been in process for quite some time.

I love that smirk that JJJ has.  I can't wait to see it during a game.  (No, I am not being sarcastic.)

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2014, 05:50:02 PM »
He's either an idiot or there's more to the story. He was at Marquette for about 2 months and now has to sit out another full year somewhere else. My guess is he was caught doing something inappropriate or wasn't going to class.  

Also, why do you go to badger boards if you know it'll irritate you?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »
"My guess is he was caught doing something inappropriate or wasn't going to class."

When you have no clue just speculate that it is probably the worst possible situation.......well done.... ::)

How about just wish the kid well and move on.....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
IMO, Big Daddy ended the speculation.   Best of luck, young Mr. Levin, in your future endeavors. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:08:47 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2014, 06:03:55 PM »
He's either an idiot or there's more to the story. He was at Marquette for about 2 months and now has to sit out another full year somewhere else. My guess is he was caught doing something inappropriate or wasn't going to class.  

Also, why do you go to badger boards if you know it'll irritate you?

Try to keep it classy. No reason to call a 19 year old kid an idiot. A lot of factors go into a decision to transfer. I'm sure he thought this was the best thing for him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
Taylor is looking great...

Gabe was not going to play 3-guard or small fwd so it was 4/5 only for him.
Hard to ask a player to sit out a full year and then not look to play much in next couple of years. Better for player to transfer now and get into a new program asap where playing time will be available.  That was the situation Gabe thought he was coming to here.

WOJO did not tell him to go. It was Gabe's choice and he feels it is the right choice for him, so best of luck to Gabe. Things can change in a few months and they have for MU basketball.

Next year we have at 4/5
STJ - JR PF
Luke F-JR C
4 star Freshman Center
5 star Freshman PF

Gabe would have been 5th man, in a rotation that will more than likely have >95% of the minutes taken by the four above for 1 year for sure and who knows after that. 

PS Are recruiting for 2015 with additional schollie available.  Charging hard now on a top 100 that has been associated with MU and STJ connection.

Don't buy it. Matt Heldt committed on July 2nd. Ellenson has been a marquette lean all summer, according to most of the major recruiting circles. Why would he wait until October to decide....there has to be more to the story. Why not stay at Loyola Marymount if he's scared of 4 star recruits? Every major program will have 3 and 4 star recruits, many of them upper classmen.

Plus, there was a thread earlier saying how Levin was the best front court player for Marquette during the summer.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2014, 06:06:06 PM »
"My guess is he was caught doing something inappropriate or wasn't going to class."

When you have no clue just speculate that it is probably the worst possible situation.......well done.... ::)

How about just wish the kid well and move on.....

I said it was a guess.. Settle down Mark. I don't know the kid, and he won't read the thread....wishing him well does nothing.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »
Next year we have at 4/5
STJ - JR PF
Luke F-JR C
4 star Freshman Center
5 star Freshman PF

Awfully confident Mr. Daddy. Would you dare to #donedeal?

PS Are recruiting for 2015 with additional schollie available.  Charging hard now on a top 100 that has been associated with MU and STJ connection.

Hmmmm, didn't STJ play for Meanstreets? I believe one Davon Dillard is now playing for the very same club.
TAMU

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »
Try to keep it classy. No reason to call a 19 year old kid an idiot. A lot of factors go into a decision to transfer. I'm sure he thought this was the best thing for him.

Classy? The guy committed to Hofstra and then backed out to go to Marymount, now took a scholarship off the table this summer to transfer after two months. I think classy is an awfully ironic term to use.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2014, 06:11:51 PM »
Don't buy it. Matt Heldt committed on July 2nd. Ellenson has been a marquette lean all summer, according to most of the major recruiting circles. Why would he wait until October to decide....there has to be more to the story. Why not stay at Loyola Marymount if he's scared of 4 star recruits? Every major program will have 3 and 4 star recruits, many of them upper classmen.

Plus, there was a thread earlier saying how Levin was the best front court player for Marquette during the summer.

Well one, practices just started so he may have gotten a better idea of where he stood in the rotation.

And two, decide and announce are two different things. As another poster pointed out, he had already been removed from the madness poster. Might have been a long time coming.
TAMU

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »
Maybe Jabari Parker is gonna transfer in, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »
Maybe Jabari Parker is gonna transfer in, aina?

I hear Wade has a year of eligibility left.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2014, 06:14:12 PM »
Classy? The guy committed to Hofstra and then backed out to go to Marymount, now took a scholarship off the table this summer to transfer after two months. I think classy is an awfully ironic term to use.

Transferring to multiple schools for reasons only known to the player = confused kid who maybe hasn't found what he wants out of college yet

Random dude on the internet calling a 19 year old kid an idiot and inferring that he must either be flunking out or did something wrong = not classy
TAMU

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2014, 06:20:44 PM »
Well one, practices just started so he may have gotten a better idea of where he stood in the rotation.

And two, decide and announce are two different things. As another poster pointed out, he had already been removed from the madness poster. Might have been a long time coming.

Right. I'm sure the banner was started before practice started, so that's not likely the answer. He knew of the commitments prior to school starting and was aware of where Ellenson was leaning, so I doubt that is it. He transfers just ahead of mid terms, just like McKay. He doesn't exactly have a history of sticking things out, Marquette forces kids to go to class. Marquette isn't messing around with conduct anymore.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Transferring to multiple schools for reasons only known to the player = confused kid who maybe hasn't found what he wants out of college yet

Random dude on the internet calling a 19 year old kid an idiot and inferring that he must either be flunking out or did something wrong = not classy

Good grief, it's a message board...now we have someone deciding what is classy or not. It's the guys opinion, same as yours.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2014, 06:23:59 PM »

Do you even research things before you have an opinion?  Obviously not.

Gabe Levin committed to Hofstra when Mo Cassara was coach and about a week or so after he committed, Cassara was fired.  Then Max Good, who recruited and coached him at Loyola-Marymount, was fired after the 2013-2014 season.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2014, 06:25:14 PM »

He's not a kid! He's backed out on one school and now bailed on two others. I'm simply connecting the dots. Not seeing playing time in his future was likely not the reason. It's a chat board, I'm speculating, but I'd bet money that playing time was not the reason. Classy or not, it doesn't add up.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
Do you even research things before you have an opinion?  Obviously not.

Gabe Levin committed to Hofstra when Mo Cassara was coach and about a week or so after he committed, Cassara was fired.  Then Max Good, who recruited and coached him at Loyola-Marymount, was fired after the 2013-2014 season.

Noted. But doesn't explain his most recent departure, after 2 months. Unless there's more to the story. All I'm saying.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »
I hope he gets it right at his next stop.  Gosh, I have blocked out all the foolish moves I made when I was 19.