collapse

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Why are Scoopers so hard on Chicos  (Read 7347 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Why are Scoopers so hard on Chicos
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:20:55 PM »
In all seriousness, I don't understand all the annoyance and vitriol directed towards Chicos. I haven't been on this board for as long as a lot of posters, so maybe I missed a bunch of stuff? While everyone doesn't have to agree with everything people say, it seems that a fair number of Scoopers go out of there way to take potshots at him on a regular basis. I don't get it...His posts for the most part seem intelligent and well thought out. Is it mainly Crean and the Hoopaloop saga that still irritates people? In my time on the board, I haven't seen him reference Crean too often.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Why are Scoopers so hard on Chicos
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »
A) This will end well
B) This will not end well

So many choices.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »
In all seriousness, I don't understand all the annoyance and vitriol directed towards Chicos. I haven't been on this board for as long as a lot of posters, so maybe I missed a bunch of stuff? While everyone doesn't have to agree with everything people say, it seems that a fair number of Scoopers go out of there way to take potshots at him on a regular basis. I don't get it...His posts for the most part seem intelligent and well thought out. Is it mainly Crean and the Hoopaloop saga that still irritates people? In my time on the board, I haven't seen him reference Crean too often.

All right! Hoopaloop is back!!!
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »

Haughty intellectual dishonesty. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:09:24 PM »

It's more of a love story, romance novel kinda deal.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 10:34:20 PM »

this could have been me, two years ago

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »
this could have been me, two years ago

And now....?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »
Hoopaloopin'!!!!!!!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 10:54:17 PM »
For the same reason Ward was so hard on the Beaver.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 11:03:16 PM »

Oh man, you are going to take a beating (note, this means repeatable hits...Reinko   ;)  ) on this one. 

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »
Oh man, you are going to take a beating (note, this means repeatable hits...Reinko   ;)  ) on this one. 

I think I can handle it  ;D I am being serious when I say that I don't get it and just want to know where the venom comes from. Maybe I didn't join the board in time to see all the buildup. But IMO, there are much more abrasive personalities on this board that don't generate nearly as much vitriol.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »

Have some patience, FFS.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 11:27:44 PM »
I think I can handle it  ;D I am being serious when I say that I don't get it and just want to know where the venom comes from. Maybe I didn't join the board in time to see all the buildup. But IMO, there are much more abrasive personalities on this board that don't generate nearly as much vitriol.

There is a collection of people that hate Crean here.  So when they post totally inaccurate, completely false statements I have corrected them.  For this, I am labeled a defender because they didn't get their silly nards off.  Just as I stated the other day, if someone said Nancy Pelosi was a man and I said Nancy was a woman, that must mean I'm defending her...when in reality I'm just setting the record straight...lots of people don't like that.

I've also taken the tact of treating people how they treat me.  Treat me well, I treat you well.  Treat me with respect, I treat you with respect.  Act like a dickwad, I'm going to give it right back to you.  Lots of people don't like that...I get it. 

Then you add it the same cabal that hated the one coach mentioned above had a love trist with his successor and a win at all costs and integrity be damned approach was just fine.  When people pointed out a number of the issues, well that didn't sit well with them....that was their boy. 

Personally, I'm happy Wojo is here and hopefully we can all get behind him.  I'm certainly not worried about the BS that was going on recently and believe from the perspective we're in good hands.  Whether we win enough for the Just Win crowd, that remains to be seen.   

Outside of Scoop, I'm a decent guy, some would say a very nice guy.  Sometimes the worst in me comes up here....is what it is.   Go MU.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »
I'll take a stab at this.

1.  Chicos is very passionate about things. 
2.  Chicos is very opinionated.

Those two combined often lead to arguments and can easily devolve into an individual blindly pursuing his passionate opinion even when all rational thought is against it (not always but sometimes…sometimes the opposite is the case).  We can all fall victim to this, but on a message board, even doing this once leads to stereotyping and more frequent debates/attacks.

Honestly, I would rather someone be passionate and opinionated and disagree with me than have an individual not care at all.  So although I may disagree with Chico's at times, I'm glad he is thinking about these topics and expressing his opinions/ideas.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
When's Hoopaloop chiming in on this one?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 11:48:54 PM »
When's Hoopaloop chiming in on this one?

Lol, well that was original  ::)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 11:52:02 PM »
Lol, well that was original  ::)

#bringbackmurf

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 12:00:45 AM »
A) This will end well
B) This will not end well

So many choices.

When a moderator is chiming in with a post like this, the only choice is A.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 05:41:31 AM »
I used to wonder about this topic myself.

However, Chicos seems to enjoy the back and forth, so I'm good with most of it.  I often disagree with him, but isn't that what a board is for?

He is right about one thing.  It does matter who says things.  I'll follow a thread, and Chicos will make a comment that matched several previous posters.   Almost immediately, a half dozen posters will immediately reply with blasts.  It's their opinion, that's fine, but its tiring to wade through time after time.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 05:57:57 AM »
Sometimes, you reap what you sow.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 06:12:44 AM »
Chico's is a good man. We have had PM communication over the years and he is one of the good guys. I respect his opinion on most topics.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »
I'm down with Chicos. He's got his chit together.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 09:01:39 AM »
Chicos lusts after a program(s) other than MU, enabling him to look at Marquette a bit more objectively than others. However, his character traits at times push him from being objective to being out of line and looking to attack.

His method of backtracking is to pretend he said something different than he initially did. It's very difficult for him to admit he's wrong, although the opportunity to practice changing this behavior presents itself often.

Politically (even though there are no politics here at Scoop), he is generally on point. Overall, he's just fine -- but, he begs for fights and loves it. Any "harsh" attention he's receive is because he's earned it - and he loves it.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 09:14:55 AM »

He is the Ron Burgundy of Scoop