'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellenson's visit to East Lansing  (Read 39955 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Ellenson's visit to East Lansing
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2014, 09:52:38 PM »
I think it's a little premature to say Henry will undoubtedly make it to the NBA. Brian Butch was a consensus top 10 player in high school and look how he turned out.

He also went to Wisconsin.  Henry eliminated them from his list a long time ago, so he's good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »
Why do you think their package is unique?

What Eso said, but more importantly, the connections that Cal has with Nike and other companies that he uses to market his players for the NBA is...well...genius, as much as I hate admitting it. Not to mention the unbelievable facilities and big blue madness.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

CoachRaymondsClass

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »
Also the Wildcat Lodge (BB players dorm) is luxurious and practice facilities are state-of-art. If you are a Wildcat BB player, you are a King in Kentucky.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
What Eso said, but more importantly, the connections that Cal has with Nike and other companies that he uses to market his players for the NBA is...well...genius, as much as I hate admitting it. Not to mention the unbelievable facilities and big blue madness.
I know the history , but Duke and UNC and have similar pedigrees. What I guess your saying  that is unique is that Cal is the best salesman in College basketball recruiting today and he has figured out how to leverage Nike into the sales process better than his rivals.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2014, 11:20:24 PM »
Also the Wildcat Lodge (BB players dorm) is luxurious and practice facilities are state-of-art. If you are a Wildcat BB player, you are a King in Kentucky.

But that's the problem. You're in Kentucky.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:36 PM »
I think it's a little premature to say Henry will undoubtedly make it to the NBA. Brian Butch was a consensus top 10 player in high school and look how he turned out.

Agreed. Quite a few top players have never made it, and many others only had a cup of coffee.

How 'bout if we let Henry get through his senior high school season before declaring him an NBA certainty.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2014, 05:59:38 AM »
But that's the problem. You're in Kentucky.

As a resident of Lexington, I'll say that there are worse places to spend your 1-4 years than the UK campus.  Lexington is not Harlan County.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2014, 07:51:05 AM »

With that being said, it seems that MU can only counter with 1) Playing near Family/Friends and 2) A better chance to the Big Fish. Can we offer more, and do you feel we will land Henry?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2014, 08:05:16 AM »
Gents, he either comes to MU or he doesn't.   It is what it is.  We will field a team regardless of his decision. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2014, 08:12:40 AM »
Gents, he either comes to MU or he doesn't.   It is what it is.  We will field a team regardless of his decision. 

True indeed!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2014, 08:13:13 AM »

Wow. It's that kind of insight that keeps me coming back to this board.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2014, 08:29:43 AM »
It's like a mantra for life, man.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2014, 08:45:10 AM »

It satiated my craving for empty platitudes as well. Many thanks, Chicos!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »
It is what it is, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »

Worrying about what an 18 year old does, how his trips to other schools go, what is the secret meaning of his texts.......

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2014, 09:31:48 AM »
Worrying about what an 18 year old does, how his trips to other schools go, what is the secret meaning of his texts.......

You're above it all, Chicos. A true renaissance man. A rugged, Clint Eastwood/John Wayne man's man who couldn't be bothered with any of this nonsense.

Except you've spent ~10k of your 20k posts in pedantic arguments defending Crean's honor at every turn for 7+ years, and another ~5k useleslly referencing z-list celebrities you "know" or shoehorning your job into discussions. So please, come off it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2014, 09:35:07 AM »
It is what it is, aina?

4ever.....how come you haven't put Ellenson in your username?   

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »
Gents, he either comes to MU or he doesn't.   It is what it is.  We will field a team regardless of his decision.  

Oh!!  Thank you great voice of reason.  That comes as a great comfort, for the rest of the board was under the impression that the program would be boarded up and shutdown, eerily reminiscient of the old Pabst Brewery down the street.  

Did you obtain your great wisdom and serenity over a back yard beer with the Dali Lama or is it a combination of all the great and wonderful people that you have met?, and subsequently dropped their names on this board?

Please let us all know, as evidenced by the previous posts, we anticipate your posts with baited breath.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
You're above it all, Chicos. A true renaissance man. A rugged, Clint Eastwood/John Wayne man's man who couldn't be bothered with any of this nonsense.

Except you've spent ~10k of your 20k posts in pedantic arguments defending Crean's honor at every turn for 7+ years, and another ~5k useleslly referencing z-list celebrities you "know" or shoehorning your job into discussions. So please, come off it.

LOL

I do not believe the irony is lost on anyone.  But, a good synopsis of 20,000+ posts all rolled into three sentences.   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »
Oh!!  Thank you great voice of reason.  That comes as a great comfort, for the rest of the board was under the impression that the program would be boarded up and shutdown, eerily reminiscient of the old Pabst Brewery down the street.  

Did you obtain your great wisdom and serenity over a back yard beer with the Dali Lama or is it a combination of all the great and wonderful people that you have met?, and subsequently dropped their names on this board?

Please let us all know, as evidenced by the previous posts, we anticipate your posts with baited breath.

Oh you silly cattle rustler....I have enjoyed tremendously your contributions as Ahoya Ball Scout, Mr. Hayward, Canadian Dimes, Blackswan, Baselinetobaseline, etc.

It's been fun watching people shut you down over the years in your various forms.

Irregardless....remember that one.  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=9279.msg79281#msg79281

So many other memories about your coaching acumen, those were especially endearing.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2014, 10:54:47 AM »

This is what happens when truth collides with humor. Brilliant!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »

Don't forget a few extra thousand of turning threads into political debates!
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »
This is what happens when truth collides with humor. Brilliant!

Except truth isn't truthy, but that's ok.  10K posts defending him...laughable, and not truthful.  Go Redskins

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
I know the history , but Duke and UNC and have similar pedigrees. What I guess your saying  that is unique is that Cal is the best salesman in College basketball recruiting today and he has figured out how to leverage Nike into the sales process better than his rivals.

Cal also has the ability to "hide" his players at UK. UNC and Duke are too prestigious academically. When UK players don't take gen eds with the rest of the school, no one notices. School is big and not known for academics. The for sure one and dones aren't made to go to class and the structure of Kentucky allows for that. Hard to compete with that. Unless the student wants an education.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »
Cal also has the ability to "hide" his players at UK. UNC and Duke are too prestigious academically. When UK players don't take gen eds with the rest of the school, no one notices. School is big and not known for academics. The for sure one and dones aren't made to go to class and the structure of Kentucky allows for that. Hard to compete with that. Unless the student wants an education.

I certainly don't get the impression that Ellenson is looking to avoid classes and shortchange his education. Doesn't seem that he—or his family—are interested in that.

feedback