collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I Believe Cheer  (Read 11288 times)

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
I Believe Cheer
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »
I noticed the U.S. soccer fans are using the "I believe that we will win" cheer that we started using stole a couple years ago.  Does that make us trend setters?  Is the cheer cool now?

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: I Believe Cheer
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
Trend stealers.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:40 AM »
I noticed the U.S. soccer fans are using the "I believe that we will win" cheer that we about 75% of the high schools and colleges in the United States started using stole a couple years ago.  Does that make us trend setters?  Is the cheer cool now?

Fixed.  I might be underestimating.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:04:21 AM »
It's a negotiated trade.  We get to start using vuvuzelas now at the games.
Have some patience, FFS.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »
The American Outlaws are really taking this cheer head on and doing it very well.  They have worked with ESPN and have several fantastic commercials recently released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjliE37ENY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyWVia7hzGs

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »

Well, if Whoopi Goldberg and Kevin Costner are doing the cheer, it must be cool after all.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:32:27 AM »
The American Outlaws are really taking this cheer head on and doing it very well.  They have worked with ESPN and have several fantastic commercials recently released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjliE37ENY

In all fairness if we had the drums going when we were doing it I think it'd be like 100x cooler
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
Well, if Whoopi Goldberg and Kevin Costner are doing the cheer, it must be cool after all.

Is Leonardo DiCaprio doing it too....only then it is super cool

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »
My high school did this in the late 90s/early 2000s. Thought it was cringeworthy lame then, and the fact that it's being co-opted by U.S. soccer 15 years later is incontrovertible proof that we should not be doing it at MU games.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 10:12:33 AM »
In all fairness if we had the drums going when we were doing it I think it'd be like 100x cooler

Haha true.  I do think there is a lot student sections can learn from the American Outlaws and how they cheer.  I went to a Seattle Sounders game two summers ago and it is very similar to the AO, and it blew the student section experience out of the water.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »
Is Leonardo DiCaprio doing it too....only then it is super cool

lenny has no time for games, he's too busy saving our oceans ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 09:40:28 AM »
My high school did this in the late 90s/early 2000s. Thought it was cringeworthy lame then, and the fact that it's being co-opted by U.S. soccer 15 years later is incontrovertible proof that we should not be doing it at MU games.

Did you go to high school in Utah?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »
Did you go to high school in Utah?

Not even close to Utah, and I've never been to the state.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 10:07:08 PM »
At least vuvuzelas would be less corny and annoying as the the stolen "I Believe Cheer"

It's a negotiated trade.  We get to start using vuvuzelas now at the games.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 10:49:35 PM »
Not even close to Utah, and I've never been to the state.

Then you, sir, must not be a skier. There is nothing quite like knee deep powder off piste Alta at Grizzly Gulch. Better than sex.

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 08:55:46 AM »
At least vuvuzelas would be less corny and annoying as the the stolen "I Believe Cheer"

+1

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:12 AM »
Then you, sir, must not be a skier. There is nothing quite like knee deep powder off piste Alta at Grizzly Gulch. Better than sex.

Really? I'll have what he's havin'.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 09:03:05 AM »

Pretty much every cheer is "stolen" from elsewhere. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 02:19:06 PM »

Superman powder, 'tis true.  But highly dangerous.  Best stick to moron-free Alta trails.

Make sure you take your airbag, beacon and about a dozen other skiers if you do go.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
Superman powder, 'tis true.  But highly dangerous.  Best stick to mormon-free Alta trails.

Make sure you take your airbag, beacon and about a dozen other skiers if you do go.

Tough to find a Mormon-free ski slope anywhere in the Wasatch.

I have never been partial to groomers and will always head off piste for some back country fun. Grizzly is an incredible day. I also think Taos offers a superb back country experience.

My criteria for ski locale:

1. Snow
2. Off piste
3. Apres ski

The best snow in the world is Utah. The best off piste is Taos, Grizzly, Jackson. Apres ski is highly subjective. I avoid the Colorado scene as it is too much a fashion show. I learned to ski at Taos where we wore levis, sweat shirts, gaiters, and bandanas and fit right in. Apres ski should center on the Holy Trinity: Hearty fare, cold beer, and a good woman to keep you warm at night. All the rest is unicorns and dancing teddy bears.

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2014, 03:48:44 PM »
Tough to find a Mormon-free ski slope anywhere in the Wasatch.

I have never been partial to groomers and will always head off piste for some back country fun. Grizzly is an incredible day. I also think Taos offers a superb back country experience.

My criteria for ski locale:

1. Snow
2. Off piste
3. Apres ski

The best snow in the world is Utah. The best off piste is Taos, Grizzly, Jackson. Apres ski is highly subjective. I avoid the Colorado scene as it is too much a fashion show. I learned to ski at Taos where we wore levis, sweat shirts, gaiters, and bandanas and fit right in. Apres ski should center on the Holy Trinity: Hearty fare, cold beer, and a good woman to keep you warm at night. All the rest is unicorns and dancing teddy bears.

Not Mormon-free, Moron-free... the point I'm making here is Alta is Moron-free, not Mormon-free.  I don't want to be accused of anything here.

And I agree 100%; Utah is the superlative, without question.  Nowhere else in the US can you fly into an airport and be to nearly a dozen world-class ski areas within a half hour.  Heck, it takes a half hour just to get to Vail from the Vail airport.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:52:14 PM by Benny B »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2014, 07:44:59 PM »
Not Mormon-free, Moron-free... the point I'm making here is Alta is Moron-free, not Mormon-free.  I don't want to be accused of anything here.

And I agree 100%; Utah is the superlative, without question.  Nowhere else in the US can you fly into an airport and be to nearly a dozen world-class ski areas within a half hour.  Heck, it takes a half hour just to get to Vail from the Vail airport.

I was messin witcha on the Mormon thing.

And I agree that Utah is not just stupendous powder but has the most accessible mountains in the world. The lifts are close to Seattle but I get tired of fighting Cascade Crud. If you haven't tried Taos, Purgatory, or Jackson you are missing out. Other than Purgatory I give Colorado a miss. Seeing a Hollywood type or yet another Texan does nothing for my skiing experience.

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »