Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade Done?  (Read 23990 times)

Texas Western

• All American
Re: Dwyane Wade Done?
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2014, 06:21:44 PM »
Tim Duncan is THE issue. 17 years in the league - 17 years in the Playoffs.

Miami has 6 lottery picks surrounding James. I believe the Spurs have ZERO lottery picks surrounding Duncan.

A win this year puts Duncan in the conversation as a top 4 all-time NBA player.
Behind only Jordan, Jabbar, and Russell.
Duncan in the conversation with Bird, Magic, West , Havliczek etc

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2014, 10:22:30 PM »
Come on Spurs--Kick their A--!

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 05:12:10 AM »
+1

And he has embraced foreign players more than any other team. Only two of the top nine players on the team are US born.
It has to take a team to bring in foreign players that steal dreams away from our kids to build a winner?

While some may point to that as admirable I think it is tired and offensive that our players are so busy being one and done that they don't stay long enough in one place to jell and to be coached like that team is.

I resent that in a way and also to the face the Spurs are a former ABA team kicked the NBA's a-- like this.

And they have done it since they came into the NBA lone that one year. But give them credit they have caught to the U.S. in team basketball. Even Carmelo wouldn't beat the Spurs now.

They win at basketball playing the way basketball should be played not glorified AAU streetball like the LeBron James led Heatles. Good for them.

Teams arrogance gets you no where. The Spurs should have beat them in 6 games last year! And they know it.

Forget Melo they need Marcin Gortat or Greg Monroe more, and even Bargnani or Spencer Hawes! They need the right bit players not stacking Hall of Famers.  

The Celtics [who the Spurs remind me of] never reverted to that! Nor the Pistons and both would have wiped the floor with Miami.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2014, 05:18:25 AM »
I agree with this analysis. I love how this board jumps on a guy for a bad game. He is still a very valuable player for the Heat . If you  watch him carefully when he is running the offense good things happen almost every trip down the floor and he has incredibly quick hands on defense. NBA playoffs frequently have blow out games so nothing to get worked up about.
DWade is still great....but their problem is a screen and roll Center and the ball being in LeBron's hands all the time. Break this team up. They have gone as far as they can go with it.

If Andrew Bynum was not such a dog of a player, lazy and a sorry  clown of a player...he would have been PERFECT for who the Heat need.

That is who they should go and try to recruit next year and get that kids head on straight. But he is too out of shape. He is only 26 but a Gortat would help them and play Beasley or release him.

Bosh is the problem and Mario Chalmers who has to play with the second group. The Heat have not played Michael Beasley or James Jones or Greg Oden....and Toney Douglas. WHY?? Rashard Lewis? Eh. 

They are being out coached by Popovich who uses his entire team who all have bought in. Erik Spolestra is clueless and does not want to upset the Big three...he has to go to bench.

But it is too late now. Spurs are in there head after the chest thumping by LeBron after game 2.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:23:59 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

brandx

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2014, 10:33:01 AM »
DWade is still great....but their problem is a screen and roll Center and the ball being in LeBron's hands all the time. Break this team up. They have gone as far as they can go with it.

If Andrew Bynum was not such a dog of a player, lazy and a sorry  clown of a player...he would have been PERFECT for who the Heat need.

That is who they should go and try to recruit next year and get that kids head on straight. But he is too out of shape. He is only 26 but a Gortat would help them and play Beasley or release him.

Bosh is the problem and Mario Chalmers who has to play with the second group. The Heat have not played Michael Beasley or James Jones or Greg Oden....and Toney Douglas. WHY?? Rashard Lewis? Eh. 

They are being out coached by Popovich who uses his entire team who all have bought in. Erik Spolestra is clueless and does not want to upset the Big three...he has to go to bench.

But it is too late now. Spurs are in there head after the chest thumping by LeBron after game 2.

Your last 2 posts are clueless and make no sense. You actually think that putting stiffs like Oden, Jones and Beasley on the floor would help.

It's just the opposite. So the 9-time all-star is the problem and has-beens and never-weres like those three are the answer? Spoelstra not going to his bench is because of the crap he sees when he looks down the line.

And if you think chest thumping has anything to do with the way this series has gone, you are really clueless.

And Spoelstra should most certainly get the ball out of the hands of his best player. Are you serious?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
I just don't understand the constant criticism of a team that has been to four Finals in a row and is the two time defending champion.  All of the sudden the offense sucks...the players suck...the coach doesn't know what he is doing...

Complete overreactions. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2014, 01:43:47 PM »
I just don't understand the constant criticism of a team that has been to four Finals in a row and is the two time defending champion.  All of the sudden the offense sucks...the players suck...the coach doesn't know what he is doing...

Complete overreactions. 

Everyone hates the Yankees
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »

Complete overreactions. 
NearlyEverybody lives to hate the Heat, except Heat fans.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »

I found myself cheering for them the last few years simply because of Bulls and Lakers fans being such douches about Lebron. 

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2014, 02:34:50 PM »
I found myself cheering for them the last few years simply because of Bulls and Lakers fans being such douches about Lebron. 

+1

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

+1
TAMU

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2014, 03:16:55 PM »
"What you are watching is essentially 12 minutes of Dwyane Wade ambling around the court like a video game character who's been abandoned by his player."

http://deadspin.com/dwyane-wade-playing-defense-is-a-mess-1590887916
Have some patience, FFS.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »
Money is not really the issue.  LBJ, Bosh & Wade are all playing at below market value.

Umm what?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2014, 04:15:58 PM »
Umm what?

I think he means they adjusted their salaries to get under the cap.  They make more money outside of basketball then their paychecks for the Heat.

Bosh and James have the 8th and 9th highest paid salaries in the NBA.  Wade is 10th.

http://espn.go.com/nba/salaries

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »
Everyone hates the Yankees

The Yankees are my favorite AL team.  I'm 36; people foget the Don Mattingly Yankees (basically my entire childhood), never won.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2014, 05:26:18 PM »
The Yankees are my favorite AL team.  I'm 36; people foget the Don Mattingly Yankees (basically my entire childhood), never won.

True, and no one hated the heat until they started winning. People used to hate the red wings when they were winning. Everyone hates a Goliath. Yankees just happen to be the most famous example
TAMU

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
Umm what?
Absolutely they are. Check out some of the dorks making max in the NBA.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2014, 06:07:31 PM »
LeBron is a great player--probably the best in the world, but he needs to quit hogging the ball on nearly every possession, and since he started promoting Obamacare, he has started to go down the tubes.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2014, 06:22:18 PM »
"What you are watching is essentially 12 minutes of Dwyane Wade ambling around the court like a video game character who's been abandoned by his player."

http://deadspin.com/dwyane-wade-playing-defense-is-a-mess-1590887916

You could make an equivalent video of every single NBA player and certainly every single player on the Heat.  I would say that 80% of those plays (although I quit watching after a few minutes) are not necessarily on Wade.

The Heat defense in general has not been sure of assignments and what do do on picks regarding switching or not switching. 

Wade has actually overall been quite solid on D, but does take some plays off when he thinks that his man is not or will not be involved in the play.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
LeBron is a great player--probably the best in the world, but he needs to quit hogging the ball on nearly every possession, and since he started promoting Obamacare, he has started to go down the tubes.

I change my opinion. I *knew* he was a dirty player!!

(Can't teal on mobile?)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2014, 08:49:50 PM »

I understand that people hate them.  But that shouldn't cloud the fact that they have been the best NBA team over the past four years.  You can't blame them for continuing what has made them successful. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2014, 11:16:27 PM »
I don't hate them at all.  They did it within the rules and actually took pay cuts to do it, total team.  Yankees and such, no salary cap and merely outspent everyone.  Totally different in my view.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »
I don't hate them at all.  They did it within the rules and actually took pay cuts to do it, total team.  Yankees and such, no salary cap and merely outspent everyone.  Totally different in my view.

+1. Big difference, but the Yankees make that money, that can/should spend it accordingly.

Lebron could very well break the NBA this season. It will be amazing if he takes a massive discount to play somewhere. It would be incredible if he takes the league minimum. I doubt he would go that low, but if he did....either way he will have another great group around him to continue winning.

DWade will be a big factor. If he still thinks he's worth big money, that could give Lebron more reasoning to leave and create a new group elsewhere.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2014, 09:22:36 AM »
I honestly don't know if the Heat were "bad" or if the Spurs are just that good.

No joke, I have NEVER seen a team that effective in the 1/2 court.

Amazing... and they make it look so easy.

Ginobli comes off a curl, if they trail him, he turns the corner. If they double him, he throws a perfect bounce pass past the defenders feet. If they go under, he steps back and shoots it. So simple.

It's so fundamentally perfect. NO wasted movement. NO wasted dribble. Super efficient.

I actually used to enjoy watching the Heat because I thought they moved the ball pretty well, but the Spurs were on another planet with their ball movement. Incredible. Historical. Coaches at every level had to be taping this series so they could show their players. The execution was amazing.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2014, 09:29:36 AM »

Bosh and James have the 8th and 9th highest paid salaries in the NBA.  Wade is 10th.

http://espn.go.com/nba/salaries

In that case Bosh is wildly overpaid, Wade is significantly overpaid and Lebron is wildly underpaid.

feedback