[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Spurs VS Heat rematch  (Read 15565 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Spurs VS Heat rematch
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 09:00:13 AM »

San Antonio's bench is much better than Miami's.  Miami went out in the 3rd quarter, but Popovich was sitting a lot of stars for the fourth. 

Miami got nothing out of Chalmers...nothing out of Cole...nothing out of Battier.

And some people want him as a assistant coach.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »

I know you are kidding, but these are the types of comments that many sports fans are just dopes.

So this is going to be the line.  Lebron James is too much of a p*ssy to play through a cramp.  He could have come back into a four point game in the NBA Finals, but he's not man enough to do so.

Ugh, it's nauseating. No one on the court moves as much mass with the velocity and power that James does. Plus, no Spurs players play as many minutes as James/Wade/Bosh do. I believe no one besides Parker even averaged more than 30 minutes a game this postseason or the regular season.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 09:40:39 AM »
And some people want him as a assistant coach.

Yep, all the more reason for him to hang 'em up and join Wojo's Warriors

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »
Spurs in 5, maybe 6.

Taking candy from a baby

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »
I said Lebron may be good enough to be considered one of the top 5 players of all time and I'm knocking him?

But as much as I hate the Bulls, Lebron is no MJ. Period. Not offensively and not defensively.

Lebron can play all 5 positions, something MJ could never do.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 10:47:45 PM »
Heat look tired and disinterested.  will be a crazy off-season i think.

brandx

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »

I'm not convinced he could play center. Magic could do it though.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »
I'm not convinced he could play center. Magic could do it though.

You don't have to be convinced, he did it in the finals already in the last few years and successfully.  He's had to play all 5 positions since 2011....done.  No convincing needed, already done and done at a high level.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 11:50:15 PM »
Seems like yall need to just look at my signature.  Personally I'm a Jordan guy, but come on guys different eras, different rules, different training styles etc etc.  Do we really think Lebron would look like a tank if he was playing in the 80s or 90s? Probs not.  Durant to the older guys is a better comparison because he's built about the same. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2014, 01:22:04 AM »
You don't have to be convinced, he did it in the finals already in the last few years and successfully.  He's had to play all 5 positions since 2011....done.  No convincing needed, already done and done at a high level.

Tonight he couldn't guard anyone on the floor and largely stood there watching people on defense. 

For the second game in a row the Heat have played better with Lebron on the bench then they did with him in the game. 

Heat were -21 with him on the floor.

Played the Spurs even with him off the floor.

Previous game, -21 with Lebron….+2 without.

Lebron is a great player, but I don't think he will ever crack the top 5 all time…right now he is a ways behind Duncan on the list.  Even at Duncan's age he is outplaying Lebron considerably in this series. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2014, 07:42:09 AM »
He's already in the top 5.  +/- is a completely unreliable statistic.  Please stop using it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2014, 07:43:24 AM »
Seems like yall need to just look at my signature.  Personally I'm a Jordan guy, but come on guys different eras, different rules, different training styles etc etc.  Do we really think Lebron would look like a tank if he was playing in the 80s or 90s? Probs not.  Durant to the older guys is a better comparison because he's built about the same. 

The 80s and 90s were not the 70s.  Go look at games from the 90s and tell me the players weren't built back then.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:22 AM »

Lebron is a great player, but I don't think he will ever crack the top 5 all time…right now he is a ways behind Duncan on the list.  Even at Duncan's age he is outplaying Lebron considerably in this series. 

Yeah, I'd look for a new argument, because this is not one you are ever going to win. He's already in the top 5. Behind Duncan? Really? You completely invalidate your own argument with comments like that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2014, 08:46:33 AM »

The 80s and 90s were not the 70s.  Go look at games from the 90s and tell me the players weren't built back then.

Not saying they weren't built please don't take my words and think I'm referring to every player.  What I'm saying is that you didn't have the same level of muscle mass that you see on a guy like Lebron the 90s guys were more defined.  I know this isn't true for all people as there were the occasional guys that came out huge but they were considerably less than now.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2014, 09:19:18 AM »
Well you specifically said one player.  I think Lebron would have looked very similar to what he is now.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2014, 09:25:12 AM »
Well you specifically said one player.  I think Lebron would have looked very similar to what he is now.

The only guy I can think of who was built as big as Lebron was Karl Malone.  I mean I was younger so I'm sure you can pull some random role player but I'm talking stars. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »
The only guy I can think of who was built as big as Lebron was Karl Malone.  I mean I was younger so I'm sure you can pull some random role player but I'm talking stars. 

Well that's part of what makes Lebron unique.  He pretty much is the same size as Malone, but has a much better game.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »

MJ was also never almost 6'10, apples to oranges

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »

Well that's part of what makes Lebron unique.  He pretty much is the same size as Malone, but has a much better game.

I agree that's why I respect him... don't like him or his attitude (but that's relative to most stars now days) but respect him for this era.  My point though was even Malone while the same size wasn't nearly as perfectly conditioned.  Would Lebron have been? I doubt it.  He'd probably have been more meaty like Malone playing down low or a bit lankier and playing 2/3. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »
MJ was also never almost 6'10, apples to oranges

Correct, but how many other 6'10 guys can do what LJ can?  That body, that size, with that athleticism and skill. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »
Correct, but how many other 6'10 guys can do what LJ can?  That body, that size, with that athleticism and skill. 

Magic Johnson. If Durant would hit the gym or some steroids (nobody freak out that's called sarcasm) he probs could to. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2014, 10:27:19 AM »
Yeah, I'd look for a new argument, because this is not one you are ever going to win. He's already in the top 5. Behind Duncan? Really? You completely invalidate your own argument with comments like that.

Lets look at credentials after 10 years:

LeBron's Achievements (10 Years In): 2004 Rookie of the Year, 9x All-Star, 3x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 8x All-NBA, 4x All-Defense, 1x Scoring Champion, 1x NBA Champion

Duncan's Achievements (10 Years In): 1998 Rookie of the Year, 9x All-Star, 2x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 10x All-NBA, 10x All-Defense, 3x NBA Champion

I'll take the guy that was all defense all 10 of his years and who in his first 10 years won 3-rings and 3-finals MVPs.  I think people get mesmerized by Lebron's flashy play and forget there is a lot more to the game. 

Right now if I was building a team with players in the NBA the first guy that I am going to put on my roster is Duncan.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:03 AM »
Duncan and Lebron are both top five all time.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
I think people get mesmerized by Lebron's flashy play and forget there is a lot more to the game. 

Yikes! It is the non-flashy part of the game that separates him from the crowd, but you have to get over your bias to see it. I think people like you, see only the flashy parts and willingly ignore the rest.

Right now if I was building a team with players in the NBA the first guy that I am going to put on my roster is Duncan.

And that would pretty much make you the worst GM in the league.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
Lets look at credentials after 10 years:

LeBron's Achievements (10 Years In): 2004 Rookie of the Year, 9x All-Star, 3x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 8x All-NBA, 4x All-Defense, 1x Scoring Champion, 1x NBA Champion

Duncan's Achievements (10 Years In): 1998 Rookie of the Year, 9x All-Star, 2x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, 10x All-NBA, 10x All-Defense, 3x NBA Champion

I'll take the guy that was all defense all 10 of his years and who in his first 10 years won 3-rings and 3-finals MVPs.  I think people get mesmerized by Lebron's flashy play and forget there is a lot more to the game. 

Again, it matters from which you came.  Duncan got to play with another all-timer in David Robinson.  Lebron was stuck in Cleveland.  Your teammates matter.  Is it easier to play defense for Duncan when he has David Robinson right next to him on the court?  Of course it is. 

Compare Duncan's teammates through the years to James, especially the Cleveland version and it becomes laughable.

As for the top 5 arguments and such....impossible to ever know.  Different eras, different styles, different rules, different officiating, different teammates.  Put Joe Montana with the 1980's New Orleans Saints and we never hear about Joe Montana again.  Put Charles Barkley with the Lakers and maybe he wins 5 titles instead of 0.

feedback