[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Spurs VS Heat rematch  (Read 15567 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Spurs VS Heat rematch
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
It appears in that in some small minds, LeBron has to single handedly win a championship, or he isn't any good.

It won't happen, but I would love to see LeBron opt out, but the rest of that team stay intact, and see if they could even get to .500 next year. Wade just cant do it anymore, and will never be anything more than an average basketball player again. Chris Bosh has turned into steve Novak, though he doesn't make as many shots (for the record, other than the contracts they signed, there never really was a big three - there was a big two and a distant, distant third guy, though he certainly filled a roll for the past few years).

Haha.  Talk about small minds.  Average basketball player?  19 ppg, 4.7 apg, 4.5 rpg, and 1.5 spg on 54.5% shooting is an average basketball player?  Wow.  Talk about setting a high bar.  Chris Bosh turned into Steve Novak, but made less shots?  Steve averaged more than 16.2 ppg this year?  News to me.  Didn't know he rebounded well enough to get 6.6 rpg, and blocked 1.0 shots per game this year too.  How many teams have guys who have those numbers from their #2 and 3 players?  The Spurs do, but they don't have one superstar.  The Thunder have Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka.  Clippers?  Warriors?  Houston?  They all have 2 stars, but not a 3rd.  There aren't many team whose 3rd best player averages 16 ppg and almost 7 rpg.  When you have the best player in the world, you with those 2 around him, plus the best shooter ever, you probably shouldn't get blown out in 4 out of 5 NBA Finals games.

Here's the thing with LeBron.  How many times has an NBA MVP left his team in order to join another top 5 player in the league because he isn't winning enough where he is?  Not to mention, they also bring in a 3rd top 10-15 player (this is all at the time, obviously).  Has it ever happened?  I don't know, I'm not that old, but in my lifetime it sure hasn't happened.  Jordan certainly didn't when he couldn't get passed the Pistons.  Kobe certainly didn't.  Wade didn't.  Duncan didn't.  Guys who are considered the best players of their generations, they don't do that.  But LeBron doesn't.  And now the Heat look like they are going downhill, so they have to look to sign another max contract guy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

Re: Spurs VS Heat rematch
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
Whether dressed as a man or women no one pats himself/herself on the back like you.

Never realized it, but Chicos may be our transgender representative on scoop ;D