Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who is your favorite Scoop poster to debate with

TAMU
Sultan
Chicos
Keefe
Wadesworld
MU82
Ners
Goose
Guns
Someone Else

Author Topic: Favorite Scoop Poster  (Read 42728 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: Favorite Scoop Poster
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2014, 09:57:30 PM »
PRN was top dog on the anti TC bandwagon. Props to 4ever for keeping up the rage.

Anyone remember Emmet Prosser from the JS?  He worked there when the tanned one was in town.  He was the first to clue me in on Crean being an a hole. 

Emmet and I were trading emails about how he used to visit his Uncle Pat, who was at that time, a fellow Schroeder 10 S resident.  Emmet was a spry young lad when he would come visit us back in the day.   Emmet clued me in to the vile ways of the bronzed worm.

I trust that Emmet is doing well in his current endeavors.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2014, 11:12:01 PM »
I didn't worship TC's droppins, nor do I agree with your characterization of him as a fraud. I know the middle ground is rarely occupied on scoop, but some of us are out there.

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:04 PM »
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

He is standing for something, that's the point.

First time I'm entering this thread.  I want to vote for Lenny, why isn't he on the list?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2014, 12:24:33 AM »
I didn't worship TC's droppins, nor do I agree with your characterization of him as a fraud. I know the middle ground is rarely occupied on scoop, but some of us are out there.

What can you say about a man who goes to collect his personal effects in the middle of the night? A real man walks into the building during regular business hours, offers thanks to those who assisted him over the years, and then collects his belongings. Tanned Tommy slithered in under the cover of darkness. I cannot possibly begin to fathom Crean's fears and motivations but every aspect of his behavior during his departure episode was nothing less than cowardice.

Since you were a member of SOCOM you know that we are expected to make decisions and be man enough to live (or die) by them. A real man would have understood that there was nothing wrong with changing employers. But for God sake have the stones to live up to the decision and do right by the people who have supported you for years. I endorse 4ever's description of Crean's behavior as fraudulent. And since you spent time at Hurlburt you would know that tab wearing TACPs would characterize Crean's actions in far earthier terms.

I have heard stories about KO strutting around campus decked out in Tennessee orange. Though gauche he at least was man enough to show his face. Crean's entire departure lacked maturity, sophistication, courage, and confidence - precisely the qualities one would wish for in any leadership role.

I believe genuine leaders earn their pay when the going is tough. But listen to Tanned Tommy's post defeat press conferences. He consistently blames the players and others for the failure. When there is glory, though, who is always front and center? There is very little to admire in Tom Crean.

How then would you evaluate the manner in which Crean left Marquette?

Death on call

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2014, 12:48:49 AM »
What can you say about a man who goes to collect his personal effects in the middle of the night? A real man walks into the building during regular business hours, offers thanks to those who assisted him over the years, and then collects his belongings. Tanned Tommy slithered in under the cover of darkness. I cannot possibly begin to fathom Crean's fears and motivations but every aspect of his behavior during his departure episode was nothing less than cowardice.

Since you were a member of SOCOM you know that we are expected to make decisions and be man enough to live (or die) by them. A real man would have understood that there was nothing wrong with changing employers. But for God sake have the stones to live up to the decision and do right by the people who have supported you for years. I endorse 4ever's description of Crean's behavior as fraudulent. And since you spent time at Hurlburt you would know that tab wearing TACPs would characterize Crean's actions in far earthier terms.

I have heard stories about KO strutting around campus decked out in Tennessee orange. Though gauche he at least was man enough to show his face. Crean's entire departure lacked maturity, sophistication, courage, and confidence - precisely the qualities one would wish for in any leadership role.

I believe genuine leaders earn their pay when the going is tough. But listen to Tanned Tommy's post defeat press conferences. He consistently blames the players and others for the failure. When there is glory, though, who is always front and center? There is very little to admire in Tom Crean.

I would agree that there isn't a ton to admire about Crean, and he didn't handle the departure very well from a MU perspective. He is a flawed person and a flawed coach. His coaching flaws are getting exposed more and more at IU. All of that stated, I respect what he did at MU, and I don't think he is a complete fraud.

I get that some of you can't get beyond his personal flaws, but I don't see it as all or nothing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2014, 12:52:01 AM »

THAT'S HOW YOU WIN AT INDIANA!  THAT'S HOW YOU WIN AT INDIANA!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »
I would agree that there isn't a ton to admire about Crean, and he didn't handle the departure very well from a MU perspective. He is a flawed person and a flawed coach. His coaching flaws are getting exposed more and more at IU. All of that stated, I respect what he did at MU, and I don't think he is a complete fraud.

I get that some of you can't get beyond his personal flaws, but I don't see it as all or nothing.
WTF? If someone is not a "complete fraud", does that mean they are a partial fraud? Did not know there was that fine line of distinction.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2014, 08:04:45 AM »
WTF? If someone is not a "complete fraud", does that mean they are a partial fraud? Did not know there was that fine line of distinction.

I get it, you don't like gray areas. I think you've made that abundantly clear with almost all of your posts on Scoop.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2014, 10:00:19 AM »
teamdee = mixinawilson?

Where is mixinamatt?

I dont think so.   I know Teem Dee and he is a MUHS alum, and was once in a Sports Illustrated picture as the St. Thomas Tommies defeated College of Wooster in the D3 College World Series.     Im sure if you ask him about it he will tell you, in fact he will probably tell you if he did not ask.

Although TeemDee does love fishing and Mixinamatt does have that strange fisherman with the TN hat on his avatar.   One time I actually hooked TeemDee in the eye lid while fishing up in Vilas County.  Dude didnt talk to me for like 9 months.   

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2014, 08:55:53 AM »
I dont think so.   I know Teem Dee and he is a MUHS alum, and was once in a Sports Illustrated picture as the St. Thomas Tommies defeated College of Wooster in the D3 College World Series.     Im sure if you ask him about it he will tell you, in fact he will probably tell you if he did not ask.

Although TeemDee does love fishing and Mixinamatt does have that strange fisherman with the TN hat on his avatar.   One time I actually hooked TeemDee in the eye lid while fishing up in Vilas County.  Dude didnt talk to me for like 9 months.   

LOL --- I had to read that twice, because the first time I skimmed it I thought, "this is definitely going to make the news."
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »
LOL --- I had to read that twice, because the first time I skimmed it I thought, "this is definitely going to make the news."

Sadly this is true.  After a few beers I hooked my buddy in the eye and we had to go to some small hospital.  In the hospital waiting room, i was surrounded by some very surly looking native americans who were watching "the Big Bang Theory"   very strange scene.

MU72491

• Starter
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
This should be titled "biggest know it all"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2014, 02:04:30 AM »

It's not about the man's personal flaws per se. It's about how these flaws impact his ability to lead.

Crean's positive attributes include an ability to generate excitement and a willingness to assume risk. Unfortunately, while he demands authority he shirks the concomitant responsibility. Command is about inspiring, mentoring, developing, disciplining, and evaluating for mission accomplishment of the team.

At the end of the day, Tanned Tommy will succeed or fail based on the bottom line performance of the team and the jury is already shaking its collective head. Any rancor, distaste, or disgust I have for the man has nothing to do with his struggles as a coach or the detestable manner of his leaving Marquette. Rather, it is the abysmal treatment he metes out routinely to other human beings. Fear and coercion work as an inducement for performance but it is rarely sustainable. The irony is that the greater the shortfall in productivity the more despotic becomes the tyrant. It will be bloody miserable this year in Bloomington. 

Death on call

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »
This has been my favorite poster for close to 40 years.

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2014, 01:38:30 PM »

There will never be a poster to top that!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2014, 01:54:09 PM »
Had that poster in my locker at St.Jude grade school in 8th grade. Still works for me today!!!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »

Perky

Death on call

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2014, 03:48:38 PM »
There will never be a poster to top that!

false

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »
false

Best techmo bowl player ever. Bar none.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2014, 04:06:07 PM »