[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another shooting on campus  (Read 49124 times)

swoopem

• All American
Another shooting on campus
« on: May 02, 2014, 09:54:19 AM »
Obviously nothing new because this seems to happen about once a year, but still news worthy. It looks like the kid who got shot tried to be a hero and refused give up the goods

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/marquette-university-milwaukee-shooting-257656081.html
Bring back FFP!!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Another shooting on campus
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:03:28 AM »
How stupid are you when you rob someone outside O'Donnell? But honestly unless you have a weapon and/or are extremely knowledgable in self defense then don't fight with someone trying to rob you. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »
When I was in school there was an abduction outside OD. The dudes grabbed a couple kids and drove them around Milwaukee taking them to different ATMs to draw out cash and beat the living sh!t out of them. They then left them on the side of the road so fend for themselves.

I'm pretty sure they eventually got caught though. 
Bring back FFP!!!

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
Yet another robbery on campus. I have to say I can't remember, fortunately, the last time a student was shot on campus.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »
How stupid are you when you rob someone outside O'Donnell?

Wisconsin now has concealed carry, and college students can't have firearms in their dorms.  Granted, robbing someone is stupid to begin with, but doing it on MU's campus seems a little less stupid.

But honestly unless you have a weapon and/or are extremely knowledgable in self defense then don't fight with someone trying to rob you. 

Both the best and worst advice that you could ever give anyone.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 01:03:09 PM »
This is getting blown way out of proportion. The area MU is in is not even bad. The only reason people care is because its happening to MU students. I can garantuee you that nobody gives a single damn if its just a random passerby that gets robbed. The only reason the kid even got shot is because he tried to push the gun out of the way.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »
Soooooo

Getting shot is his fault.....
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »
Soooooo

Getting shot is his fault.....

no, it's the gun's fault.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
no, it's the gun's fault.

For at least 40% of our posters here, that doesn't need to be in teal.  For me, put it in bold teal.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
For at least 40% of our posters here, that doesn't need to be in teal.  For me, put it in bold teal.

No, its not his fault, nor is it the guns fault but consealed carry is a horrible, horrible thing. Causes more deaths then prevents.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
No, its not his fault, nor is it the guns fault but consealed carry is a horrible, horrible thing. Causes more deaths then prevents.

Sure, conseal carry never prevented a single death, but I can't think of how conseal carry would cause a death.

But to say it's a horrible, horrible thing... don't you think that's a little too melodramatic.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »

uh, got news for you...bad guys are going to carry guns, registered or not registered, purchased legally or illegally, no matter what the concealed carry/open carry laws are.  They don't give a sh!t about the law, as they are committing other crimes with said guns.  At least concealed carry gives the good guys/victims a chance to defend themselves.

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »
I didn't even hear any gunshots.  Maybe because I was rewatching 24

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »
Sure, conseal carry never prevented a single death, but I can't think of how conseal carry would cause a death.

But to say it's a horrible, horrible thing... don't you think that's a little too melodramatic.

This didn't prevent a death, but it stopped a crime

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/134172-armed-good-samaritan-stops-purse-snatching-next-even-better/
Bring back FFP!!!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
This didn't prevent a death, but it stopped a crime

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/134172-armed-good-samaritan-stops-purse-snatching-next-even-better/

That was concealed carry.  Chitownwarrior was talking about consealed carry.

I thought it was a typo at first, too... but the context was contradictory.  I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here that he was talking about sealing concrete, not guns.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »
In just saying that its more likely that an attacker will use a weapon when they see the victim has a weapon and vice versa. I would never get a gun but if I did have one I would worry for the people who cut me off when im driving.

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »

http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/concealed-carry/

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
Lay off chitownwarrior if you guys grew up in a city as opposed to suburbs or country I'm sure you'd have very similar views to him (and me) but your perspectives are skewed by your environment.
Maigh Eo for Sam

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 04:07:47 PM »
I have never owned any personal weapons nor had any interest in possessing any. I also believe that the scope of the Second Amendment was really about militias as expressed in the prefatory statement of that Amendment.

But I am proficient in handling both side arms and assault rifles. I also know that if I have a weapon on my person I can walk safely down any street in America without the least concern for my personal safety. Scoring a 240 on the M16x/M4x Series and being able to drop 10 out of 10 moving targets at 100 meters engenders a particular confidence that bad guys recognize and avoid.  

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »
I have never owned any personal weapons nor had any interest in possessing any. I also believe that the scope of the Second Amendment was really about militias as expressed in the prefatory statement of that Amendment.

But I am proficient in handling both side arms and assault rifles. I also know that if I have a weapon on my person I can walk safely down any street in America without the least concern for my personal safety. Scoring a 240 on the M16x/M4x Series and being able to drop 10 out of 10 moving targets at 100 meters engenders a particular confidence that bad guys recognize and avoid.  

I imagine when Keefe goes to the 'hood, he sticks out like a sore thumb.... he's the guy push-carting his GAU-8 down the street.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:23:44 PM by Benny B »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »
I imagine when Keefe goes to the 'hood, he sticks out like a sore thumb.... he's the guy push-carting his GAU-8 down the street.

People might not realize but the USAF started with GE's GAU and had Republic build the airframe and power plants around the weapon. The GAU is larger than a compact automobile.

Death on call

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »
I also believe that the scope of the Second Amendment was really about militias as expressed in the prefatory statement of that Amendment.

We have a winner!  It's remarkable how the gun lobby has convinced many Americans to read the amendment totally out of the context in which it was written by ignoring the militia reference.

Shows how a well-funded lobby can turn black into white.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
I stay strapped. It's real on these streets joe.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 10:15:57 PM »
We have a winner!  It's remarkable how the gun lobby has convinced many Americans to read the amendment totally out of the context in which it was written by ignoring the militia reference.

Shows how a well-funded lobby can turn black into white.

Huh?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 10:36:11 PM »
Huh?

You weren't aware that the Second Amendment starts with with the words "a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state"?

feedback