[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any Clash of Clan players here?  (Read 49444 times)

MARQTTE

• Walk-On
Re: Any Clash of Clan players here?
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
I've closed the clan for now.  I prefer to keep the clan small.... It's just easier.  But if you want to join and it's closed, send me a PM or better yet an email. 

Also, for the guys already on, I think some of you are scoopers but I don't recognize your screen name (other than Reinko, ZFB, and chico).  It would be cool to connect your name here. 
1993 MU Engineering Grad

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »
I am Homer.  My son(s) (and me) are OD.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Apparently, CoC is great for spending time with the family.  I think four of our clanmates are three brothers and their dad.  I think another two are cousins.  Then we have a couple sets of roommates.

On the other hand, all my kid wants to do is touch the Barb King and Arch Queen back and forth.  Baaaaawwww.  Hoo-ahhh.  Baaaaaawwww.  Hoo-ahhh.  And then after he's done that for about five minutes, he proceeds to screw up my walls.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
Well ill say one thing, being in a clan now sure makes me care more about the game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
Pretty good stuff here in case anybody is interested.

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Flammy%27s_Strategy_Guides

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
I've closed the clan for now.  I prefer to keep the clan small.... It's just easier.  But if you want to join and it's closed, send me a PM or better yet an email.  

Also, for the guys already on, I think some of you are scoopers but I don't recognize your screen name (other than Reinko, ZFB, and chico).  It would be cool to connect your name here.  

Wait, someone signed up with a Chico name?

;)

No idea what I'm doing.  I wake up in the morning and it looks like a bunch of people attacked me and I either have a + trophies or a - trophies.  I do like the replay button, that's kind of cool.  Some dude attacked me overnight with balloons or something. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:01:02 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »
Wish you guys had started this clan about a month ago, and I would have joined. I'm the co-leader of a clan now that i've been in for about 5 months, and I just upgraded my town hall to level 8.

Anyway, I agree with most of the stuff that was said here. The one thing I would add is that clan wars are usually unprofitable for the people who are donating troops to war bases. The top five guys in our clan donate about 10 level 3 dragons to everyone's war bases, which costs about 400k elixir. We haven't lost a war yet, but we recently decided to initiate wars every Wednesday and Friday night, so that we have a 3 day period to focus on upgrades. This seems to work a lot better and keeps everyone happy.

Also, dragons are the best, defensively, for war bases. Don't fool around with wizards and stuff.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »
Wish you guys had started this clan about a month ago, and I would have joined. I'm the co-leader of a clan now that i've been in for about 5 months, and I just upgraded my town hall to level 8.

Anyway, I agree with most of the stuff that was said here. The one thing I would add is that clan wars are usually unprofitable for the people who are donating troops to war bases. The top five guys in our clan donate about 10 level 3 dragons to everyone's war bases, which costs about 400k elixir. We haven't lost a war yet, but we recently decided to initiate wars every Wednesday and Friday night, so that we have a 3 day period to focus on upgrades. This seems to work a lot better and keeps everyone happy.

Also, dragons are the best, defensively, for war bases. Don't fool around with wizards and stuff.

Dragons are great for defense until you get to TH9 and TH10 where you start getting hit with hog/heal attacks.  Then they're worthless.  Dragons are too slow in both movement and attack to keep up with healing hogs, whereas 3-4 wizards can wipe out an entire pack of hogs in mere seconds.

I donate around 100 wizards every clan war between war bases and clanmate attacks... call it 350,000-400,000 elixir.  When we win, my loot bonus is typically 600,000 plus.  But all of my mines, storages, barracks, spells and army camps are maxed out, so I've got no use for elixir right now other than creating troops (and refilling x-bows).  Hence, gold is exponentially more valuable, and clan wars don't cost any gold.  So I don't care if I spend 500,000 elixir on a losing campaign... I'm still going to get at least 50,000 or 60,000 "free" gold out of it and maybe as much as 700,000 if we do win.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2014, 02:21:51 PM »
Dragons are great for defense until you get to TH9 and TH10 where you start getting hit with hog/heal attacks.  Then they're worthless.  Dragons are too slow in both movement and attack to keep up with healing hogs, whereas 3-4 wizards can wipe out an entire pack of hogs in mere seconds.

I donate around 100 wizards every clan war between war bases and clanmate attacks... call it 350,000-400,000 elixir.  When we win, my loot bonus is typically 600,000 plus.  But all of my mines, storages, barracks, spells and army camps are maxed out, so I've got no use for elixir right now other than creating troops (and refilling x-bows).  Hence, gold is exponentially more valuable, and clan wars don't cost any gold.  So I don't care if I spend 500,000 elixir on a losing campaign... I'm still going to get at least 50,000 or 60,000 "free" gold out of it and maybe as much as 700,000 if we do win.

Makes sense. I spent about a month in Crystal I and I got hit with hog/heal attacks from TH9 and TH10 pretty frequently -- I can understand how wizards would be better in that scenario.

For us, most of our clan is TH7 or TH8, so the loot bonus is only about 450k to 500k -- that makes it harder for the top guys who are trying to upgrade troops to level 5 and 6. Overall though, I agree; gold is way more valuable and makes the wars worthwhile. Especially when you're trying to farm for level 8+ walls, which gets fairly challenging.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »

4. When I'm in non-war or "resource preservation" mode, I keep my TH on the outside of my walls.  It's an easy attack for trophy hunters who will only take 1,000 gold & elixir, and gives you a 12 hour shield.

This was a great suggestion. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

reinko

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 10:32:48 AM »
This was a great suggestion. 

I like it!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »
One other tid-bit about a clan war. 

The last two, team MARQTTE has been handily ahead as time ran out.  I'll make sure I three star one enemy, then not use my 2nd attack until everyone else has had their chance, especially the newer players.

It came to me that .. my attack wasn't really worthwhile, the team didn't need any more stars.   Turned out the top rated enemy had already been 2-starred .. and had his town hall exposed, undefended.   I used two archers and a minute later, had my 1-star victory with 225k war loot.

Same scenario happened in the next clan war.  Obviously, not everyone can do it, and you may need to 3-star someone to win, so obviously you support the team then.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2014, 02:37:32 PM »

The last two, team MARQTTE has been handily ahead as time ran out.  I'll make sure I three star one enemy, then not use my 2nd attack until everyone else has had their chance, especially the newer players.

It came to me that .. my attack wasn't really worthwhile, the team didn't need any more stars.   Turned out the top rated enemy had already been 2-starred .. and had his town hall exposed, undefended.   I used two archers and a minute later, had my 1-star victory with 225k war loot.

Same scenario happened in the next clan war.  Obviously, not everyone can do it, and you may need to 3-star someone to win, so obviously you support the team then.

What?  I thought each new attack started fresh.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »

Not sure what you're getting at.  Yes, each new attack (of the two you have) starts fresh. 

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 07:15:05 AM »

He meant to say someone had already two-starred this guy that had failed to protect his town hall before the war began, but because his clan was winning he had no problem using his attack to net his clan no new stars but gained himself 225k war loot. 

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:55 AM »
Not sure what you're getting at.  Yes, each new attack (of the two you have) starts fresh. 

What I am getting at, is that I am a moron.  For whatever reason I thought that because he was 2 starred it meant his TH was just sitting on the edge to be destroyed. 

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »

We've found that in most matchups, it's not worth attacking the other clan's top five bases; usually we'll win if we 3-star most of their lower bases and average 1.5-2 stars on their middle tier up to the top 5; so we're not attacking laterally (i.e. our top guy attacks their top bases, our #2 goes after their #3 and #4, and so on).  Therefore, our top five guys (all TH9s) typically don't use their first attack until we're at least several hours into battle day (thereby giving everyone else a chance to 3-star whoever they can), and we save our final attack for the last couple hours.

Sometimes even the TH9 bases can be deceiving, so what looks like an easy 3-star turns out to be a no-star; we've actually lost two wars by less than 5 stars because a couple of our top guys ended up no-starring in both of their attacks against their top bases, where in hindsight, had we used those attacks in the final hours (after our lower guys had used all of their attacks) on their easy bases that had only been 1-starred, we would have won.  So if time is running out and we need just a few stars, we'll attack "down the map" and pick up one or two easy stars; if we're behind by 10 or so, we'll go for the 3-star attacks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
I imagine the #1 tip of winning a clan war is .. get your guys to participate. 

#2 is probably .. don't over-reach.

MARQTTE

• Walk-On
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »
I imagine the #1 tip of winning a clan war is .. get your guys to participate. 

#2 is probably .. don't over-reach.

Agreed.  In my previous clan, only about 1/2 the clan used none or one of their two attacks so it almost forces you to go for harder attacks.  Also, they never talked to each other so I would be planning to attach a certain enemy only to see someone attacking it before I got to it.

Like hilltopper said, don't over-reach.  People forget that the clan castle is almost always full with good troops during the war and NO defenses are under construction so a base that they normally could win, they don't win in the war.

Our current clan is 4-0 and I'm pretty happy with how things are going.  We almost have too many people participating because if you don't get your attack in early, there may not be one left later in the war!!
1993 MU Engineering Grad

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »
Ok you got me to start playing...fun game tell me what I need to do to join the clan thing.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2014, 11:38:14 PM »
77ncaachamps = Coc ID "AlMcGuire"

What a bonding vehicle COC has been with my students.
I even shared it on my smart board and had some of them critique my attacks/defenses.

A bit humbling and annoying when 9/10 yo tell you, "I can beat you" or "You're pretty weak."

:thank god for gems:
SS Marquette

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:04 PM »
u geeks sure luv COC
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »
u geeks sure luv COC

Man, how long did it take you to come up with such comic genius????

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »
u geeks sure luv COC

I am so hopped up on CoC testosterone right now, you are so banned.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
Just giving this a bump to remind the rest of scoop of our CoC dominance.

feedback