[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hill and Pierce to VT per Evan Daniels.  (Read 49070 times)

HoyaPotter

• Walk-On
Re: Hill and Pierce to VT per Evan Daniels.
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
Funny that Buzz is slimy and providing schtick for Hill and Pierce to go to VT.

But we would be singing Wojo's praises if he convinced some of those Dookies to follow him.

Just saying

It's a scenario that wouldn't happen because Wojo was only an assistant coach.  It's very rare for an assistant coach to be able to bring any recruits over with him.  Just doesn't happen.

No reason to lower Wojo to Butt's level.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
If Hill cant play at least 25-30 MPG at VT something is wrong.....

He should be able to because Buzz will be doing everything he can to win, instead of trying to prove a dumb point to administration - that if he isn't going to be able to recruit some of the questionable character risks he wanted to bring into the fold at MU - then here's what MU will get:

Derrick, Jake, Juan, Jamil, Otule...with the best players riding the bench and other than Mayo - none have any check marks against them in character department:  Gardner, Burton, Steve, Dawson, JJJ.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
Why is anyone surprised or faux outraged?   For Pierce and Hill, it was about the relationship with Buzz, not the relationship with Marquette.   Nick Williams followed Crean to IU.   Tyshaun Taylor got his wish and went to Kansas.    This is nothing new.    They liked Buzz.    Quit acting like 13 year old girls.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2014, 12:26:26 PM »
He should be able to because Buzz will be doing everything he can to win, instead of trying to prove a dumb point to administration - that if he isn't going to be able to recruit some of the questionable character risks he wanted to bring into the fold at MU - then here's what MU will get:

Derrick, Jake, Juan, Jamil, Otule...with the best players riding the bench and other than Mayo - none have any check marks against them in character department:  Gardner, Burton, Steve, Dawson, JJJ.

Agree 1,000%. Hill will play a ton next year because Buzz has no Axe to grind against real or perceived boogeymen. You called it all year. What a shame.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
Hill will play if he is the best player at the position and earns his minutes.    Same as at MU under Buzz.   Same as MU under Wojo.   IMO, on last year's team, only Burton truly deserved more minutes than he got. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2014, 12:39:04 PM »
Why is anyone surprised or faux outraged?   For Pierce and Hill, it was about the relationship with Buzz, not the relationship with Marquette.   Nick Williams followed Crean to IU.   Tyshaun Taylor got his wish and went to Kansas.    This is nothing new.    They liked Buzz.    Quit acting like 13 year old girls.   

Agree.  None of this is surprising. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »

I've been doing a crapload of travelling for work for the last 4-5 weeks so haven't been keeping up with the whole Buzz leaving saga.  Does this have any truth to it or is it just an assumption made by those who have invested a lot of themselves into talking up certain back-up role players? 

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
The one thing I really wouldn't want to see happen is for Hill to hit a last second shot to beat us in an important game. At Va. Tech he won't be playing in any important games anytime soon.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 12:52:30 PM »
The one thing I really wouldn't want to see happen is for Hill to hit a last second shot to beat us in an important game. At Va. Tech he won't be playing in any important games anytime soon.

Fixed.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
I've been doing a crapload of travelling for work for the last 4-5 weeks so haven't been keeping up with the whole Buzz leaving saga.  Does this have any truth to it or is it just an assumption made by those who have invested a lot of themselves into talking up certain back-up role players? 

Nothing but message board speculation.   A few have latched onto this narrative first and then started looking for proof, like any good conspiracy theory.   With about as much veracity.  

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
Agree 1,000%. Hill will play a ton next year because Buzz has no Axe to grind against real or perceived boogeymen. You called it all year. What a shame.

Yeah....it was really sad how Buzz chose to handle last season and his frustrations.  I mean taking Burton out of the last game of year in BET with 7 minutes left, when he'd practically dominated X all game was all that needed to be seen to know where his head was.  It was such an outlier of a season compared to Buzz's previous track record as coach - you know his head wasn't in it the way it should have been...

And obviously knowing he was gonna leave, he had no real motivation to develop the freshman..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »

But that bitch Buzz stole my boyfriend!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »

Yes...

Nothing but message board speculation.   A few have latched onto this narrative first and then started looking for proof, like any good conspiracy theory.   With about as much veracity.  

Ironic....kind of like you latching onto this whole premise:  
Hill will play if he is the best player at the position and earns his minutes.    Same as at MU under Buzz.   Same as MU under Wojo.   IMO, on last year's team, only Burton truly deserved more minutes than he got.  

That was a bunch of crap from Buzz...earning the minutes...as was "playing to the scouting report"....because it absolves Buzz of all the criticism for his choice to play the most ineffective backcourt in the Big East.

The reality is he played our PG more minutes than any player on the team and the guy made 1, 3pt shot ALL season long and shot 43% from the FT line and would not attempt a FG outside of 3' unless forced to due to shot clock running down.  And, he paired that guy, with Jake, who made I believe, 4, 2pt FG's all season as the 2nd leading minute getter at the "shooting guard" position.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »
Ners, we have done this many times.   In my opinion.   From watching the games.   I saw one player on the team that deserved more minutes.   Burton.   I never saw what you did in Dawson.   I saw JJJ make too many moves that I would have pulled junior high girls for making.    I completely got what the rotations with the exception of Burton.   Buzz leaving has not changed my opinion of the faults of the 13-14 team.  That team lost a lot of close games that MU won in the previous 5 years.    Buzz's coaching style didn't change.   His rotation and reliance on upperclassmen didn't change.   His scouting and game planning didn't change.    I never once saw a single moment, substitution, play call, that, in that moment, made me think that Buzz wasn't trying or was phoning it in.    You can do message board circle jerk all you want to create this conspiracy theory, but in the end, Dawson and JJJ didn't deserve more minutes.  

I saw a coach trying something he had never done before, flash cards for the defense so they would know which pick and roll defense they were in.    I saw him come up with a new offense at halftime of one game, setting double high screens for Mayo to come around.   I saw him coaching his butt off to get MU into so many OT games down the stretch that didn't go MU's way.    All you saw was Derrick Wilson.   And because that was the only tree you could focus on, you missed the entire rest of the forest.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:23:41 PM by tower912 »

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2014, 01:24:29 PM »
Yes...

Ironic....kind of like you latching onto this whole premise:  
That was a bunch of crap from Buzz...earning the minutes...as was "playing to the scouting report"....because it absolves Buzz of all the criticism for his choice to play the most ineffective backcourt in the Big East.

The reality is he played our PG more minutes than any player on the team and the guy made 1, 3pt shot ALL season long and shot 43% from the FT line and would not attempt a FG outside of 3' unless forced to due to shot clock running down.  And, he paired that guy, with Jake, who made I believe, 4, 2pt FG's all season as the 2nd leading minute getter at the "shooting guard" position.

Thomas made 76 shots, 67 of which were 3 pointers. I don't know what is more amazing, Thomas only making 9 two point shots or Derrick making only one 3 pointer.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
Hill will play if he is the best player at the position and earns his minutes.    Same as at MU under Buzz.   Same as MU under Wojo.   IMO, on last year's team, only Burton truly deserved more minutes than he got. 

Burton, JJJ and Dawson all deserved more minutes than what they got

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
Good luck to Hill, he is a player.  He will probably start, average a good amount of points on a team that went 2-16 in ACC play, with both wins over Miami.  Maybe thats want he wants, to be the "man" on a losing, depleted program like VaTech, where football is the "man". 

Being a freshman, Hill will play about six minutes a game and grow sick of Buzz's crap about two-thirds through the season.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »
Thomas made 76 shots, 67 of which were 3 pointers. I don't know what is more amazing, Thomas only making 9 two point shots or Derrick making only one 3 pointer.
I would say Thomas making only 9 two point shots. Remember he won the slam dunk contest two years ago.

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »
Being a freshman, Hill will play about six minutes a game and grow sick of Buzz's crap about two-thirds through the season.

Ordinarily true, probably not next year, as all of these players are new to Buzz and no one probably has an advantage. 

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »
I'm not getting bent out of shape by this:

Jamail Jones - #52 Rivals
Ahmed Hill - #69 Rivals

Wojo needs more than a few weeks to make things happen!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »
Hill will play a lot. VPI backcourt is pretty thin. Time will tell if Pierce makes it through the summer tryout. For his sake, I hope he does.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »
Nope. Glad he's gone. All about CoWojo now.

But I'm not a fan of revisionist history and hypocrisy.

This post sums up my position perfectly.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
I'm not getting bent out of shape by this:

Jamail Jones - #52 Rivals
Ahmed Hill - #69 Rivals

Wojo needs more than a few weeks to make things happen!

Let me remind you if Buzz stayed all the recruits come but we have a mass exodus of existing players.

Wojo managed to keep every existing player and because of that, even losing the recruiting class (save Cohen) we will be a better team next year than if buzz stayed kept the recruits and lost JJJ, Taylor and maybe more.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:20:44 PM by Heisenberg »

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
Hill will play a lot. VPI backcourt is pretty thin. Time will tell if Pierce makes it through the summer tryout. For his sake, I hope he does.

The two holdovers in Va. Tech's class are both shooting guards, one whom in rated #70 by ESPN.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 02:19:42 PM »
Ok guys, im slow. What does VPI stand for?

feedback