[Today at 08:14:42 PM]

2021-22 Big East Conference Results by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:03:12 PM]

NM by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 07:52:25 PM]

Pray for IWB by GooooMarquette
[Today at 07:50:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bourbon  (Read 48366 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: Bourbon
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2022, 07:03:45 PM »
Was able to get a bottle of Chapter 5 through a lottery draw.  Haven't cracked it yet, but reviews seem to favor prior chapters.  Also randomly found a bottle of Stagg Jr in a case at a local grocery for $99.  Crazy that a year ago you could buy that on the secondary for $200-250, now I have seen it for $300 - $500.

Man, I got my Stagg Jr. on the shelf for like $59 a few years ago. Bourbon has gotten out of hand. I am about to head to Scotch, Rum, and Tequila / Mezcal for my barrel spirits.
But I like to throw handfuls...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2022, 06:36:48 AM »
Man, I got my Stagg Jr. on the shelf for like $59 a few years ago. Bourbon has gotten out of hand. I am about to head to Scotch, Rum, and Tequila / Mezcal for my barrel spirits.

As you know, barrel aging does not require expensive booze to make a great finished product.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34!
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »

Are the tariffs the last administration put on Scotch still in effect? I noticed prices at my store and whiskey bar increase on Scoch.

I did a Mezcal tasting in Mexico recently (my wife got the worm). If you can get the stuff that uses wood instead of propane for cooking the pinas that's the really good stuff.
“If you’ve had three doses of the vaccine, you shouldn’t live your life in fear of it. You may well get it at some point but it probably won’t knock you out more than a couple of days, like the seasonal flu.” - Gov. Jared Polis (D -CO)

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2022, 12:06:28 PM »
Are the tariffs the last administration put on Scotch still in effect? I noticed prices at my store and whiskey bar increase on Scoch.

I did a Mezcal tasting in Mexico recently (my wife got the worm). If you can get the stuff that uses wood instead of propane for cooking the pinas that's the really good stuff.

No tariffs on scotch anymore but supply chain issues remain on that and Irish whiskey.  As consumers have grown frustrated with bourbon shortages,  more have dabbled in the world of scotch which has also made the classics harder to find
Tis a shame, 'tis a rotton shame, for if ye can enjoy the walkin’ ye can probably enjoy the other times in yer life when ve're in between. And that's most o' the time; wouldn't ye say?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »

I'm hoping that the taters all jump to mescal and let bourbon get back to normal.

feedback