Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Harris  (Read 22558 times)

brandx

Re: Malek Harris
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:56 PM »
Does Mike Broeker work?  Or...?

Here's another of your quotes:

I just got a text from a different friend who claims to have heard 2nd hand from Broeker that an agreement was reached with whomever the next coach is going to be yesterday.

I'm guess when Broeker is in negotiations, he is very loose-lipped about it. At least according to you.

So, no - I don't believe a word of what you say!

brandx

« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2014, 03:44:35 PM »
I just provided another  http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forums/showpost.php?s=5d6c2a46139f17d0f67c331fbecbb35c&p=924593&postcount=1287

That's not the only source, either.

Another forum. Interesting. Apparently, forums are now where truth resides.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »

#donedeal

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »

Respect the process

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
Whatever the reasons are for him being suspended for nearly the last 1½ years of his HS career, the MU administration doesn't want him as part of the basketball program. End of story.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:10:22 PM by Heavy Gear »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2014, 04:11:01 PM »

I just got a text from a different friend who claims to have heard 2nd hand from Broeker that an agreement was reached with whomever the next coach is going to be yesterday.

I'm guess when Broeker is in negotiations, he is very loose-lipped about it. At least according to you.

"from a different friend who claims to have heard 2nd hand" are pretty key words.  I **thought** I made it fairly clear (I did) that the entire post that you chose to use as a quote was entirely speculative.  Nothing 2nd hand here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:16:57 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2014, 04:15:43 PM »
I find it hilarious that when you Google Harris - the ONLY mention about setting anyone's hair on fire are from MUScoop.

Except for one entry on the Holy Land of Hoops forum - by MUBill

I wonder which one is your source.

MUBill?! I'm clearly listed as MUBoxer! If you can't read a screen name and think Orland Park is the inner city all of you opinions are automatically thrown out the window.  

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:17:47 PM by PunchingPiper »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
Chitownwarrior there's a pattern not just with him but also his older brother ran into a bunch of issues to.  

Brandx stop trying to act like it's attempted murder he didn't soak her in gasoline and blowtorch her.  I actually know plenty of sandburg kids and hey guess who's friend has a little brother that happened to be present when it happened?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:28:08 PM by PunchingPiper »
Maigh Eo for Sam

WesleyPipes

• Walk-On
  • Ahhh, yes! Cuban Bee!
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2014, 04:28:20 PM »
Setting a girl's (Mary Jane) hair (the red-hair on weed) on fire? I'm going to take the metaphorical route...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
Setting a girl's (Mary Jane) hair (the red-hair on weed) on fire? I'm going to take the metaphorical route...

Nothing metaphorical about it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brandx

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »
Chitownwarrior there's a pattern not just with him but also his older brother ran into a bunch of issues to.  

Brandx stop trying to act like it's attempted murder he didn't soak her in gasoline and blowtorch her.  I actually know plenty of sandburg kids and hey guess who's friend has a little brother that happened to be present when it happened?

Apparently - you were the starter of this rumor here. Here is a quote from one of your posts on 10/5/2013:

My buddy next door went to Sandburg his lil bro evidently parties with Harris and I was paraphrasing what he said (granted after a few beers but... Still awkward) But yeah that is what I was told and after five years reading this page I know it's no worse than most of the other "sources" we all post about.

Nothing screams truth like hearing a rumor from your buddy's little brother. Convincing someone like Wadesworld to believe you is a simple task. Convincing people who can think on their own is slightly more difficult.

What's great is that after passing on this rumor that you now accept as fact, even you made fun of the source.

Your facts are as convincing as your grammar.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »
Apparently - you were the starter of this rumor here. Here is a quote from one of your posts on 10/5/2013:

My buddy next door went to Sandburg his lil bro evidently parties with Harris and I was paraphrasing what he said (granted after a few beers but... Still awkward) But yeah that is what I was told and after five years reading this page I know it's no worse than most of the other "sources" we all post about.

Nothing screams truth like hearing a rumor from your buddy's little brother. Convincing someone like Wadesworld to believe you is a simple task. Convincing people who can think on their own is slightly more difficult.

What's great is that after passing on this rumor that you now accept as fact, even you made fun of the source.

First off you're talking about the original person who told me surprisingly I happen to know more than one kid from there.  And have confirmed what I heard with other people which is more than you can say I'm sure.  Second I was drunk so me making fun of my own source is nothing to hang your hat on.  In fact I have less respect for you for trying to act like like a master debater because you found a drunken quote from me. 

Finally, grammar really? Don't be a prick.  Maybe I'll go through all your posts and start commenting on your grammar.  Commenting on grammar is what frustrated people do in online chat rooms when they want to insult but have nothing of value to say, a category that describes you perfectly in this instance.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
Roy Schmidt, who is the top expert on Recruiting in Illinois, said the suspension was not over an illegal activity. Paint touches said the same thing.

I'm pretty sure setting people on fire is illegal in Illinois.

john31

« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »

I was not aware that for 20 bucks I would have these options. I don't like hats though.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2014, 07:16:55 PM »
Roy Schmidt, who is the top expert on Recruiting in Illinois, said the suspension was not over an illegal activity. Paint touches said the same thing.

I'm pretty sure setting people on fire is illegal in Illinois.

Taking a strand of a girls hair and lighting it is a bit different than say your imagination which you've pretty much shown to be like this

See in your head it's this huge illegal thing that should send him to prison etc.  What happened is extremely disrespectful and against school rules and violates athletic codes of conduct. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »

Lol. I ripped on bagpipingboxer when he posted this...until Mike Broeker said it. But hey, what would he know? He just saw it on MUScoop and can't think on his own either.

Why did Malek never sign at MU brandx? Haven't heard your story. Just curious. Weed? Well, Mo Acker had no problem with that. I'm just wondering the reason. You must know, if multiple people, including the associate AD, have confirmed this, but it's just made up. What's the truth kid?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »
I don't like hats though.

A bare backer

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:38 PM »
I'm not sure what the truth was with this young man, but I've already moved on.

I wish him nothing but success.

And I'm confident Wojo will bring in somebody as good or better.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »

By the way, go back a couple days before Jameel's transfer was announced. You want to pull up my quotes that may tell you a little something.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »
Looking like it will be Kansas St.

Before this thread went off the rails- I didn't find one question about the validity of the above statement?  I don't find anything tonight about him committing to K-State, being close, being rumored, nothing.  

Where did the above come from?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2014, 07:29:37 PM »
Other than K-State being in the running per the link below, I don't find anything else.  So why was this thread topic started exactly?   ?-(

http://www.highschoolcubenews.com/news_article/show/373465?referrer_id=596370

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »
Ooh- found this too- lists his interest in K-State as "warm"

http://247sports.com/Player/Malek-Harris-20691

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »

Here you go.  I'll do the work for you.  Here are some quotes from my posts shortly after bagpipingboxer originally posted that Malek lit a girl's hair on fire:

- Yeah taking the word of a current college student on what a (current, past, or future) student athlete did wrong is always smart.

- Really?  I heard he bombed the Willis Tower.  I also heard his grandparents' uncle had a scholarship revoked once.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

So, unless I had some big, elaborate plan back in October, knowing Buzz would be gone and Malek would never sign with Marquette at the end of the season that was still a month from starting, it would make you wonder why my tone changed on this story.  Maybe I heard something more?  From someone I consider to be a little more reliable than someone on MUScoop?  But nah, that wouldn't happen.

You can believe what you want to believe, like I did when bagpipingboxer originally posted the story, but you might want to think before you make personal attacks next time.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
PunchingPiper was so accurate on his Tursday night proclamation a coach was hired but only knew who it wasn't. 

feedback