Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Harris  (Read 22548 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Malek Harris
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
Look it guys, everybody deserves a second chance.  He lost out his senior year in high school, he will never get that back.  Hopefully, he will clean up his act.  If he would have signed with MU,  everybody would be excited.  Since he is not, you are name calling, that is ridiculous.  No one has ever made a stupid mistake.  We all have.  Also, Buzz will recruit kids to Blacksburg because he does work hard.  But will he have a private plane like he had at MU?  That to me is huge as a coach.  Biggest recruiting tool now adays. 

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 10:05:44 AM »
I love how you guys are dumping on a kid who got caught smoking pot......

Something about glass houses ....stones....etc....

AKA.....How many of you have partaken.....At least 50%.....

If the kid can play....and has no other issues.....

I have no problem with it......

Pot will  be legal in a majority of states within 20 years....

As long as the government gets their taxes out of it.....

Is that you Larry Sanders?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
Look it guys, everybody deserves a second chance.  He lost out his senior year in high school, he will never get that back.  Hopefully, he will clean up his act.  If he would have signed with MU,  everybody would be excited.  Since he is not, you are name calling, that is ridiculous.  No one has ever made a stupid mistake.  We all have.  Also, Buzz will recruit kids to Blacksburg because he does work hard.  But will he have a private plane like he had at MU?  That to me is huge as a coach.  Biggest recruiting tool now adays. 

I think he's had a 2nd and maybe a 3rd chance already otherwise the suspension wouldn't have been the entire season

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »

Send the MU administration an email. Let them know he should have a 2nd (or 5th) chance.

There's a reason he didn't sign.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 10:16:06 AM »
i'll take a pot smoker over someone who gets on a message board and calls a kid a punk.  i wonder how many people on this site smoked or drank in high school even though they signed a code of conduct that said they wouldn't...then turn around and rip a kid like malek.  what a joke.

You interested in buying a bridge from me?

I may have a bidding war here!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:16 AM »
I don't think there was ever a chance that he was going to wear a Marquette uniform.

As WW said, there is a reason he didn't sign in the fall.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:39 AM »

Thanks for that one, Keefe.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
I cannot stand all of the bashing you guys do to a 17 year old kid. Its incredible how you all seem to forget about your teenage antics. Have a little respect for the kid and stop being so hypocritical.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
I cannot stand all of the bashing you guys do to a 17 year old kid. Its incredible how you all seem to forget about your teenage antics. Have a little respect for the kid and stop being so hypocritical.

I can tell you with 100% certainty and honesty that I never tried to set someone on fire.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »
This is one of those cases where it all seems to come down to a person's personal 'line'.    Most of us probably drank underage.   Some engaged in casual recreational pharmaceuticals.   Most did not set a girl's hair on fire.   I am not going to bash the kid, because I did my own stupid things when I was 17.   That doesn't mean that it breaks my heart he is going elsewhere.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 10:58:15 AM »

I was too drunk to remember my teenage antics.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
This is one of those cases where it all seems to come down to a person's personal 'line'.    Most of us probably drank underage.   Some engaged in casual recreational pharmaceuticals.   Most did not set a girl's hair on fire.   I am not going to bash the kid, because I did my own stupid things when I was 17.   That doesn't mean that it breaks my heart he is going elsewhere.   

You worded it better than I did.

Atticus

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
I dont mind the weed smoking. My whole thing is hes a switchable!!! I hate switchables!!

Werent Wade and Wes switchables?

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

I DONT RESPOND TO SILLY STATEMENTS.

THATS FOR EVERYONE

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »

Wes was. So was Jimmy and I would even argue Lazar and Jae.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »

THATS FOR EVERYONE

Irony.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »

Butler, Crowder & Hayawrd define the word. Wes does too as he guarded several positions and played the 2/3 seamlesslessly. I'd take those guys on any roster any day.

Odd that the guy who pimped Cuonzo so hard hates switchables... UT was chock full of them this year!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
I dont mind the weed smoking. My whole thing is hes a switchable!!! I hate switchables!!

I know, right? If only switchables ever had been able to help us get to the second weekend of the NCAA tournament!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »

THATS FOR EVERYONE

I SEE. YOU JUST MAKE THEM.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
Yeah, those  switchables who emerged as team leaders and ended up in the league.    Losers like Wes, Lazar, Jimmy, and Jae.     Pffft.    Who needs them?    ::)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 11:27:33 AM »
Im just imagining Brent sitting in a commercial plane near Blacksburg thinking to himself how his plan went horribly, horribly, wrong and how he couldnt get any of his recruits or assistants to follow him.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:30 AM »
Im just imagining Brent sitting in a commercial plane near Blacksburg thinking to himself how his plan went horribly, horribly, wrong and how he couldnt get any of his recruits or assistants to follow him.

Lol right

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »
Yall switchable guy isnt gonna win any games in the ACC lol

tower912

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 11:41:35 AM »
Yall switchable guy isnt gonna win any games in the ACC lol

But he sure won plenty at MU.   23 per year. 

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

As much as I love visualizing this scenario, I wouldn't jump the gun on any of his recruits going to play for him. Ahmed Hill seems really fond of him and spoke on how he can't wait to get involved with the Buzz's bunch program. I wouldn't rule out him or Pierce going to Va Tech. Praying for Hill to come to MU
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:46:08 AM by Wojo'sMojo »