[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Collins and Wojo ... How about an NU/MU home and home?  (Read 7117 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Collins and Wojo ... How about an NU/MU home and home?
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
Anyone see a reason why not?

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Re: Collins and Wojo ... How about an NU/MU home and home?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »
No

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »
How about a Duke home to home?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 12:24:48 PM »
I would love that. NU is on the rise as a program. Get a solid 100-150 RPI team on the schedule. Close proximity. That would be a nice game.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 12:27:44 PM »
I would love that. NU is on the rise as a program. Get a solid 100-150 RPI team on the schedule. Close proximity. That would be a nice game.

I would take it.  There's a good chance we could get a 50/50 crowd @ NU, with all of the MU fans in Chicago.  If we do a home and away with them, it turns into a home and neutral site games for us. 

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
One of my favorite things about this hire--lots of potential connections within the Duke/Coach K circle for games, assistants, etc.  Not to mention the media lovefest with all things Dook.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:35 PM »
 Not to mention the media lovefest with all things Dook.

I believe you mean "Circle Jerk"

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
Would love a home and home with NU. That would be awesome.

I think Wojo will do a nice job at the press conference today, and start winning people over. I hope people give him a chance and get on board.

2012 Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »
What about playing at the united center every year, that's a very Dukey thing to do

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
Anyone see a reason why not?

It is a very good idea.  Would be a lot of fun. While we are at get a series  with Loyola.  Between the two ups our RPI and enhances our attractiveness to Chicago recruits.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 12:36:20 PM »
It is a very good idea.  Would be a lot of fun. While we are at get a series  with Loyola.  Between the two ups our RPI and enhances our attractiveness to Chicago recruits.

I would avoid Loyola. It wouldnt be a home and home either. More like a 5 to 1.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »
I'm sure MU would be fine with it, NW would be the one with the issue.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »
Nope.

What would MU get out of this? A trip to a traditionally awful B10 program, and then them coming here. Both games give the "upstart" NW squad a shot to take down MU. MU would get a victory over a team we expect to beat anyway.

Unless we get two home games to one road game, I don't see this as a win. NW fans don't travel and we'd get just as many people to this game as one vs. Santa Clara.  

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
Caveat - I would not do this NOW.

Maybe in two or three years....if NW can continue getting better. THEN, I would do it. They aren't there yet.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
Nope.

What would MU get out of this? A trip to a traditionally awful B10 program, and then them coming here. Both games give the "upstart" NW squad a shot to take down MU. MU would get a victory over a team we expect to beat anyway.

Unless we get two home games to one road game, I don't see this as a win. NW fans don't travel and we'd get just as many people to this game as one vs. Santa Clara.  
+1 Nothing to be gained for MU.  Get Duke to play a home and home with us and I'm in, but Duke won't do it for the same reason we won't do it with Northwestern.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »
You guys obviously dont pay attention to NU. Follow NU very closely, especially in football but youre making the assumptions about your "dads Northwestern" honestly it has a great athletic department and would be a great pickup.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
You guys obviously dont pay attention to NU. Follow NU very closely, especially in football but youre making the assumptions about your "dads Northwestern" honestly it has a great athletic department and would be a great pickup.

+1

First if you remove basketball and football from the equation, they are arguably the best athletic program in the B1G. 

Now add back football and you have a solid bowl team year in and year out.  Also a team that will have a little number next to it about every other year.

Now add back basketball ... well add back Collins and hope he rights the ship.

Finally, they just broke ground for an incredible athletic complex on the lake.  That would be a $220 million two building complex.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--northwestern-will-build-new-multipurpose-athletic-facility-on-shores-of-lake-michigan-154455799.html

Want to recruit Chicago?  A second game in Chicago would help a lot.  And getting a rivalry with the "Stanford of the Midwest" would not hurt.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
+1

First if you remove basketball and football from the equation, they are arguably the best athletic program in the B1G.  

Now add back football and you have a solid bowl team year in and year out.  Also a team that will have a little number next to it about every other year.

Finally, they just broke ground for an incredible athletic complex on the lake.  That would be a $220 million two building complex.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--northwestern-will-build-new-multipurpose-athletic-facility-on-shores-of-lake-michigan-154455799.html

Want to recruit Chicago?  A second game in Chicago would help a lot.  And getting a rivalry with the "Stanford of the Midwest" would not hurt.

And FWIW, Northwestern typically dominates the Fed Challenge at the Chicago Federal Reserve every year.  Though MU actually gave them a run for their money (no pun intended) a few years back.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 01:23:42 PM »
I've been arguing for this for years. But it should be a 3/2 MU/NU series.

We should play Loyola Chicago as well instead of those random schools.
We Are Marquette

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
Sell me on the idea of playing more Chicago schools.

Every MU home game is like 85 miles or so from the Loop.  That's not far.  Plus, we already play DePaul once per year in Chi.  I don't see the value in playing Loyola-Chicago, NW, Chicago State, etc.

If anything, we should/could use that extra series to build newer pipelines.  For example, we play Nova once per year, why not schedule Drexel or one of the other Big 5 schools as well?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »
If you are advocating for a series with Northwestern or Loyola that includes us playing on the road, you are essentially calling us a mid major. Two horrible programs. Why help them out?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 01:44:05 PM »
If you are advocating for a series with Northwestern or Loyola that includes us playing on the road, you are essentially calling us a mid major. Two horrible programs. Why help them out?

NORTHWESTERN IS NOT A HORRIBLE PROGRAM. How many times do I have to say it before it gets though all of your thick skulls. Christ, do some research first.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
+1

Now add back football and you have a solid bowl team year in and year out.  Also a team that will have a little number next to it about every other year.

Finally, they just broke ground for an incredible athletic complex on the lake.  That would be a $220 million two building complex.

Want to recruit Chicago?  A second game in Chicago would help a lot.  And getting a rivalry with the "Stanford of the Midwest" would not hurt.

Two things - I love their football program. Pat Fitzgerald is awesome. But....this isn't football. Next, this new facility won't be up for a while. Hence - don't do this for years. Third, we gain nothing by this right now.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »

Two things - I love their football program. Pat Fitzgerald is awesome. But....this isn't football. Next, this new facility won't be up for a while. Hence - don't do this for years. Third, we gain nothing by this right now.

It would not happen for years anyway.  Next year's schedule is set.  They year after is mostly set.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »
NORTHWESTERN IS NOT A HORRIBLE PROGRAM. How many times do I have to say it before it gets though all of your thick skulls. Christ, do some research first.

It's pretty bad.