'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Collins and Wojo ... How about an NU/MU home and home?  (Read 7116 times)

Avenue Commons

• All American
Re: Collins and Wojo ... How about an NU/MU home and home?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »
If you are advocating for a series with Northwestern or Loyola that includes us playing on the road, you are essentially calling us a mid major. Two horrible programs. Why help them out?

3 for 2 for Northwestern. 2 for 1 with Loyola. Much more interesting than some of the other non-con games we schedule.

We Are Marquette

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 03:29:56 PM »
NORTHWESTERN IS NOT A HORRIBLE PROGRAM. How many times do I have to say it before it gets though all of your thick skulls. Christ, do some research first.
What are you smoking? They have NEVER made the NCAA tournament. The Chicago media was falling all over themselves saying what a difference Collins made this year. How did they finish?

Horrible program. Almost zero fan support. Poor facilities.

Are they improving? Probably. Could we be having this same discussion in 5 years? Likely.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
What are you smoking? They have NEVER made the NCAA tournament. The Chicago media was falling all over themselves saying what a difference Collins made this year. How did they finish?

Horrible program. Almost zero fan support. Poor facilities.

Are they improving? Probably. Could we be having this same discussion in 5 years? Likely.

Take a look at their recruiting class next year. In just one year they are turning it around. You also seem to be forgetting the entierty of the Shurna years...If him or Crawford dont get hurt they make the tourney.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »
I'd be ok with a Northwestern home and home. As long as it took the place of one of the sub 300 cupcakes that we play. Much more interesting series.

Maybe Wojo can reach out to a different member of the Coach K tree and get Mike Brey to sack up and continue the rivalry. I really liked an idea that got floated here awhile ago of a neutral site game at the United Center between Notre Dame and Marquette. Those two fan bases could pack the UC.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 03:34:32 PM »
NORTHWESTERN IS NOT A HORRIBLE PROGRAM. How many times do I have to say it before it gets though all of your thick skulls. Christ, do some research first.

Research complete.  They've never, ever, ever played in an NCAA tournament, have a losing record pretty much every year and usually a very bad record.  They were 14-19 this year (including a home loss to DePaul) and consider that cause for optimism.  That kinda sounds like a horrible program.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:50 PM »
I'd be ok with a Northwestern home and home. As long as it took the place of one of the sub 300 cupcakes that we play. Much more interesting series.

Maybe Wojo can reach out to a different member of the Coach K tree and get Mike Brey to sack up and continue the rivalry. I really liked an idea that got floated here awhile ago of a neutral site game at the United Center between Notre Dame and Marquette. Those two fan bases could pack the UC.

Love this idea.  LOVE IT!!