[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A lot of Scoopers are...  (Read 8050 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
A lot of Scoopers are...
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
truly pathetic right now. And I'm embarassed to say that I frequently take part in discussions on this board right now. Where is the harm in welcoming a new coach and hoping for the best, especially, when you really don't know what the future holds with Wojo. He could very well end up being a fantastic hire. Do you know Wojo? Have you seen him as a head coach before? Do you know how he conducts himself on recruting visits? Do you know his work ethic? His coaching style? NO. This whole process was out of our hands, so you might as well roll with it and support the program.

Good grief, bitching is completely useless. It's a selfish way to cope with a situation that you're frustrated with.

LAMUfan

• All American
Re: A lot of Scoopers are...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:14 AM »
word

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:24:45 AM »
truly pathetic right now. And I'm embarassed to say that I frequently take part in discussions on this board right now. Where is the harm in welcoming a new coach and hoping for the best, especially, when you really don't know what the future holds with Wojo. He could very well end up being a fantastic hire. Do you know Wojo? Have you seen him as a head coach before? Do you know how he conducts himself on recruting visits? Do you know his work ethic? His coaching style? NO. This whole process was out of our hands, so you might as well roll with it and support the program.

Good grief, bitching is completely useless. It's a selfish way to cope with a situation that you're frustrated with.

+1

There are some people that truly enjoy being unhappy.  I feel sorry for those people.

rabid652

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
Completely agree.  Past hires have worked out pretty well so you have to respect the President, AD and BOT on this.  Lets support the new guy and quit whining!

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:25:47 AM »
+1,000,000  THanks Windy.. I was gonna post the same thing... But in the end...TYPICAL SCOOP posts ! ! ! ::)

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »
Just want to make sure I have this right; expressing opinions in response to this news that aren't glowing an positive on a message board makes you a pathetic fan. Is that it?
No Finish Line

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:27:36 AM »
not worth the effort, they just like being entitled whiny little bitches...

I want my coach and I want him now....

We should have hired Coach K

I know better than Doc Rivers, Dick Strong and Bill Cords...

sad and embarrassed they represent Marquette...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 10:27:48 AM »
Just want to make sure I have this right; expressing opinions in response to this news that aren't glowing an positive on a message board makes you a pathetic fan. Is that it?

And racist...don't forget racist.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »
I will say that I was thoroughly disappointed with Buzz' hiring 6 years ago, and I was proved wrong on him about halfway through his first season. So I will withhold all judgement until I see a product put on the court and if he can keep Cohen and Hill in the fold then I will be more than pleased before midnight madness.

brandx

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »

Don't think that is what he is saying at all. Why wait to judge when it is so easy to do it now?

Whine away!!!!

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:46 AM »
When they're completely uninformed, yes. And especially under these circumstances, they're just uncalled for.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
If he keeps current players, retains committs of Hill and Cohen and gets Stone, alot of scoopers will be eating their words in 2015.  That team will be experienced and loaded........

Wojo learned from Coach K and will bring that program experience to MU.  With that roster,wow......

Good luck Wojo, make the Scoop believe.

Real Chilly Podcast

• Starter
  • whassup marquette whassuuup?
    • Real Chilly Podcast
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
Socrates would destroy all of these scoopers that "know Wojo was a terrible hire"

"I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do."

Welcome to MU, Wojo, from those of us who graduated with both logic AND respect.
Listen to the Real Chilly Podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or Youtube.

Follow our twitter: @RealChillyPod

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »
Great post, windy!

We have had a lot of disagreement lately about who we should hire...but now that we have a coach, Marquette fans should get behind him 100%

brandx

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 10:31:10 AM »
If he keeps current players, retains committs of Hill and Cohen and gets Stone, alot of scoopers will be eating their words in 2015.  That team will be experienced and loaded........

Wojo learned from Coach K and will bring that program experience to MU.  With that roster,wow......

They will still be whining "But he's from Duke. I hate coach K. wah, wah".

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »

That's the problem. No one will be held accountable, because understandably nobody wants to go through the effort of remembering everyone that bashed the hire. It's just senseless venting without consequence.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »

No, expressing relentlessly negative, relatively uninformed opinions mixed with personal attacks on the people inside the process you don't know anything about, makes this board borderline unreadable this week.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »
No, expressing relentlessly negative, relatively uninformed opinions mixed with personal attacks on the people inside the process you don't know anything about, makes this board borderline unreadable this week.

Spot on. The ignore list grew quite a bit longer these past few days.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
Great thread.
This is the hire, now let's gear up. This is the program. Call it a stepping stone or whatever stupid name you want but it's not about to change.
Let's go win the big east and but a good product out there.  I'm looking forward to it.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
Don't think that is what he is saying at all. Why wait to judge when it is so easy to do it now?

Whine away!!!!
Does this apply to those applauding the move as well, or is there a double standard? 

Look I agree some will be overly negative, but some will also be overly posititve. There's nothing wrong with having a measured response to this move, even if it's negative. 

In my opinion Marquette settled big time and came well shot of achieving their publicly made objective of making an impact hire and distancing this job from the step stone label.  They screwed this one up bad and come away looking very bad
No Finish Line

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »
This I wholeheartedly agree with
No Finish Line

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 11:02:57 AM »
Does this apply to those applauding the move as well, or is there a double standard?  

Look I agree some will be overly negative, but some will also be overly posititve. There's nothing wrong with having a measured response to this move, even if it's negative.  

In my opinion Marquette settled big time and came well shot of achieving their publicly made objective of making an impact hire and distancing this job from the step stone label.  They screwed this one up bad and come away looking very bad

Then leave and stop being a fan.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
Not a Duke fan--probably jealous of their long run. But you can certainly respect their success.

I will admit that I know little about Wojo's credentials, but they look impressive. I had forgotten that one year K sat out because of a bad back? Wojo was HC, right? Did well, I guess.

Will give him benefit of the doubt for right now, to see how he does with the recruits on the fence, and further who he brings in.

For right now, welcome aboard Wojo!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 11:13:26 AM »
Then leave and stop being a fan.

Douchebag response
No Finish Line

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 11:14:56 AM »
Not a Duke fan--probably jealous of their long run. But you can certainly respect their success.

I will admit that I know little about Wojo's credentials, but they look impressive. I had forgotten that one year K sat out because of a bad back? Wojo was HC, right? Did well, I guess.
Will give him benefit of the doubt for right now, to see how he does with the recruits on the fence, and further who he brings in.

For right now, welcome aboard Wojo!

0/2. Wojo was a frosh when K sat out, and that season was a dumpster fire for them.

feedback