[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A lot of Scoopers are...  (Read 8055 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: A lot of Scoopers are...
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
Does this apply to those applauding the move as well, or is there a double standard? 

Look I agree some will be overly negative, but some will also be overly posititve. There's nothing wrong with having a measured response to this move, even if it's negative. 

In my opinion Marquette settled big time and came well shot of achieving their publicly made objective of making an impact hire and distancing this job from the step stone label.  They screwed this one up bad and come away looking very bad
Totally agree. And from a PR standpoint, you raise a valid point in that hiring another assistant doesn't exactly scream ascending program looking to join the ranks of the blue bloods. But, at the end of the day, I only care about winning from year to year. Let the pundits spin the hire however they damn well please.

Characterrevealed

• Walk-On
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
First time poster, and long time reader of Scoop, and Rivals. Let me say I understand some of the angst that some have with this hire, but as someone who's been a life long fan, and an long time employee, I'm cautiously happy with the decision with Wojo. It's been sad to see over the years the win at all cost mentally that some people on this site have taken, and was getting tired of us slowly turning into Cincy under Huggy Bear. I can't speak for all the employees that dealt with our last two coaches but can say most I know are happy they're gone. I think given time Wojo will succeed on and off the court with the resources he's given, and in the long hall we'll have a coach we can all be proud to call ours!
Good luck Coach!
The definition of a leader is poise under pressure, and our last coach sure lacked that!    

BaltimoreMC

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »
Suck on it.  We all know that wojo is here to practice being a head coach and will leave once K retires.  I feel like marq is the Duke D-league.  Worst hire for marq long-term, IMO.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »
Suck on it.  We all know that wojo is here to practice being a head coach and will leave once K retires.  I feel like marq is the Duke D-league.  Worst hire for marq long-term, IMO.

If Duke even remotely considers Wojo when K retires, then we will have had a WILDLY successful run in the meantime.

I'm OK with that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »
I'm with Windy and that doesn't happen very often.    Way to turn into a bunch of whiny, entitled, self-important,  navel-gazers.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »
This last week, this board has been a wild ride between this:

and this:

Suck it up people.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 12:38:44 PM »
Soooo, after playing for a little while at MU, and Duke deems them acceptable, players will transfer from MU to Duke. I don't get it.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 12:51:48 PM »
0/2. Wojo was a frosh when K sat out, and that season was a dumpster fire for them.
Thanks for the info. So it looks that he has just asst. coach experience.

It appears that he was hired over others for the Duke lineage and his recruiting ability. What other reasons could there be? Sure hope he proves out to be a stud recruiter at MU. Still worried about him having to learn on the job.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »
That's the problem. No one will be held accountable, because understandably nobody wants to go through the effort of remembering everyone that bashed the hire. It's just senseless venting without consequence.

So why do you whine so much about the whiners? Why not just ignore it? Your attention is not demanded and it has no effect on you. It certainly shouldn't "embarrass" you (not that you said that; others have).

feedback