'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: For the Anti-Martin people  (Read 16230 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: For the Anti-Martin people
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »
For those of you who thinks Martin wont do this program any good.  Has any of you thought about what the PROGRAM/SCHOOL can do for Martin? With the resources we have, the money we spend, great tradition as well. Martin will excel here at Marquette! Have we ever had a coach who played in the NBA? This guy WANTS to come here and you guys are being downright disrespectful to this man's credentials like hes not "worthy" enough to be our next coach. Ponder on that before you comment/reply

Umm that one guy Al McGuire? Remember the great story of him stopping Cousy by fouling him 5 times?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 01:18:33 PM »
However you wanna spin it bruh

Are you the agent, wife or someone else?  March 24th registered and you certainly have a flavor flave.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »
atk13thst IS Cuonzo Martin.

We will hire Martin, but his contract will be negated when his background check shows that he was posting furiously on Scoop.

glenndoc31

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
Probably reading too much of Keefe's writings, but anyone know if there is someone working around 13th St with the initials ATK.  Maybe someone at the AL that's on whats left of the basketball staff who is trying his(her) best to convince us that Cuonzo Martin will be a good hire? 

My two cents, hire Martin and we're basically saying that we are the Providence of the midwest, at best.  Just a team trying to squeeze into the tourney every year until we finally move on from Martin in 3 or 4 long years.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:41 PM »
Probably reading too much of Keefe's writings, but anyone know if there is someone working around 13th St with the initials ATK.  Maybe someone at the AL that's on whats left of the basketball staff who is trying his(her) best to convince us that Cuonzo Martin will be a good hire? 

My two cents, hire Martin and we're basically saying that we are the Providence of the midwest, at best.  Just a team trying to squeeze into the tourney every year until we finally move on from Martin in 3 or 4 long years.

Six years ago, we had a solid day or so before the Buzz hire was announced when all of a sudden the boards lit up with praises of our one year assistant coach.

I'm getting a real strong similar vibe here about Martin.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 02:12:31 PM »

Only person I see listed in the directory is Allison Kellaher. Don't know her middle name. http://www.gomarquette.com/genrel/allison_kellaher_860954.html

Seems a little too "illuminati" for me to believe.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
Only person I see listed in the directory is Allison Kellaher. Don't know her middle name. http://www.gomarquette.com/genrel/allison_kellaher_860954.html

Seems a little too "illuminati" for me to believe.

13th Street in Knoxville (at K) ends in front of the American Mathematical Society on campus.  Cuonzo must be checking his KenPom numbers in between posts.  Mystery solved.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
Keep it coming...

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 02:26:53 PM »
We will hire Martin, but his contract will be negated when his background check shows that he was posting furiously on Scoop.

Lol. .needed that

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »

Have to get my rank up for the "this is my house!" people
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:35:36 PM by atk13thst »

glenndoc31

• Walk-On
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 02:29:38 PM »
13th Street in Knoxville (at K) ends in front of the American Mathematical Society on campus.  Cuonzo must be checking his KenPom numbers in between posts.  Mystery solved.

Ok, so someone in Knoxville looking to pawn Cuonzo off on MU and take $1.3 or $2.6 million from us as an extra little bonus.  Seems about right.

brandx

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 02:35:45 PM »
Probably reading too much of Keefe's writings, but anyone know if there is someone working around 13th St with the initials ATK.  Maybe someone at the AL that's on whats left of the basketball staff who is trying his(her) best to convince us that Cuonzo Martin will be a good hire?  

My two cents, hire Martin and we're basically saying that we are the Providence of the midwest, at best.  Just a team trying to squeeze into the tourney every year until we finally move on from Martin in 3 or 4 long years.

Cuz all black coaches are the same?

Could you give me the similarities between the two coaches?

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 02:37:27 PM »
Ok, so someone in Knoxville looking to pawn Cuonzo off on MU and take $1.3 or $2.6 million from us as an extra little bonus.  Seems about right.

Lol guy u created an account to tell me that. Get a life

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »
For those "questioning"

13TH & ATKINSON BORN AND RAISED BABY...moving right along>>>>>>>>

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 02:46:52 PM »
For those "questioning"

13TH & ATKINSON BORN AND RAISED BABY...moving right along>>>>>>>>

That's only 3 blocks from Keefe.  The secret is coming full circle and everything will be revealed!

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »
As I sit on a chair lift pondering MU...yes, sad, but it is a 2.5 mile ride which takes some time....I ask myself how excited I would be about hiring a guy that made zero NCAA bids his first five years and in his sixth he made it as a play in team and beat a team that was coached by someone who had his kid in surgery for cancer less than 15 hours before the game.  Not sure how focused Fran was.

I want to believe, I'm just struggling with that many years why more success didn't happen.

No fun being a MU fan right now if we are only going to look at the negatives.  Our top 3 choices are:

1.) Martin - who made 1 NCAA tournament and the Tennessee fan base wanted him fired.
2.) Howland - who was trending downward and was ousted at UCLA.  Is difficult to work for or play for.  Long list of players who opted off of Howland's teams over the years.  If we think the transfer rates were high with Tanboy and Buzzcut, just wait if he gets hired.  
3.) Wojo - well if the name WOJO doesn't illicit a gagging reflex, I don't know what does.  He is a Duke assistant coach who frankly hasn't done anything except ride Coach K's coattails.

Is there anyway we can go back to Shaka and offer him double our last offer in the hope that he changes his mind????

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »
Six years ago, we had a solid day or so before the Buzz hire was announced when all of a sudden the boards lit up with praises of our one year assistant coach.

I'm getting a real strong similar vibe here about Martin.
I'm seeing the exact same thing.  Except I see very little support anywhere for the Martin hiring.  Scared that you may be right.  Dodds is over on his board with words like "interesting" etc and suddenly in support.  Color me concerned that this hire will be mike dean 2.0...
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »
That's only 3 blocks from Keefe.  The secret is coming full circle and everything will be revealed!

Dang!  You beat me to it.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »
No fun being a MU fan right now if we are only going to look at the negatives.  Our top 3 choices are:

1.) Martin - who made 1 NCAA tournament and the Tennessee fan base wanted him fired.
2.) Howland - who was trending downward and was ousted at UCLA.  Is difficult to work for or play for.  Long list of players who opted off of Howland's teams over the years.  If we think the transfer rates were high with Tanboy and Buzzcut, just wait if he gets hired.  
3.) Wojo - well if the name WOJO doesn't illicit a gagging reflex, I don't know what does.  He is a Duke assistant coach who frankly hasn't done anything except ride Coach K's coattails.

Is there anyway we can go back to Shaka and offer him double our last offer in the hope that he changes his mind????

My thoughts are that Shaka bolts for the NBA when the right job comes along.  His Career arc is quite similar to Brad Stephens......hmmm.

Speaking of the NBA.... is there anyone there that would be a good hire?

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
For those of you who thinks Martin wont do this program any good.  Has any of you thought about what the PROGRAM/SCHOOL can do for Martin? With the resources we have, the money we spend, great tradition as well. Martin will excel here at Marquette! Have we ever had a coach who played in the NBA? This guy WANTS to come here and you guys are being downright disrespectful to this man's credentials like hes not "worthy" enough to be our next coach. Ponder on that before you comment/reply
I agree with you. Martin has an excellent background and has proved he can win under adverse circumstances . Also his journey from the depths of East St Louis is something to be admired and respected .

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 02:53:10 PM »
I would love to find out that ATK13thst is Duane Wilson messing with all of us.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
As I sit on a chair lift pondering MU...yes, sad, but it is a 2.5 mile ride which takes some time....I ask myself how excited I would be about hiring a guy that made zero NCAA bids his first five years and in his sixth he made it as a play in team and beat a team that was coached by someone who had his kid in surgery for cancer less than 15 hours before the game.  Not sure how focused Fran was.

I want to believe, I'm just struggling with that many years why more success didn't happen.

I know all this waiting, conjecture and anticipation can be rather consuming to loyal alums like us, Chicos; but please let it go for just awhile and enjoy your vacation.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 03:08:27 PM »
I would love to find out that ATK13thst is Duane Wilson messing with all of us.

Wow, you are really intrigued huh?

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »

Sharpie this one in, people. This is the basic line Chicos will use for the next six years about Martin.

Done Deal.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

VolFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »
We have pondered Martin in several different threads already.  Why do we need another one?  Why does someone need to be @ MU to succeed?  They should be able to succeed already.  What is Martin going to do?  Recruit players with his 3 game stint as a Buck?  I'm sure that recruiting spiel would go a long way.  That's probably the exact reason that he cannot consistently get solid talent.  Take away Bruce Pearl's Seniors on the team and what do you have left?  Can you answer that question? 

As I said in another thread, the biggest misconception is that Martin did it mostly with Pearl's players.  There were only 2 holdovers this year from the Pearl era.  Also, Martin signed 2 5* recruits in 3 years at UT.  How many did Williams sign while at Marquette?

feedback