[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz is doing a great job making Cords job harder  (Read 12859 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Buzz is doing a great job making Cords job harder
« on: March 28, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »

Inadvertently or not, he is taking us down every time he answers the "why did you leave question" Just decline to answer and move on.

Every time this dude gets on TV or radio, he is reaming the conference, the coverage on Fox, etc. Just STFU.

Saying Marquette is a "great institution" then turning around and questioning the strength of the conference is undermining the school that gave him a HUGE break.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
Re: Buzz is doing a great job making Cords job harder
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
Yeah he's being a real dickbag these days. Funny how this league isn't good enough for him, seeing as he could only go .500 with a roster including a 6th year senior, the reigning 6th man of the year, and 6 consensus top 100 recruits.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »
Yeah he's being a real dickbag these days. Funny how this league isn't good enough for him, seeing as he could only go .500 with a roster including a 6th year senior, the reigning 6th man of the year, and 6 consensus top 100 recruits.
Hope the slurpers are still reminiscing about the ol Buzzster.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:23:48 PM »

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:24:17 PM »
Is that his concern any longer?  He's answering the question as he should (and as any of us would) and talking up his new gig.

With the realignment, the ACC is a basketball powerhouse.  Any potential coach knows that the MU job isn't what it was 3 years ago.  It's still a good job, but Buzz talking about the reality of the conference isn't something he should be faulted for.  There's plenty to knock Buzz for but I don't see this as being one of them.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »
Is that his concern any longer?  He's answering the question as he should (and as any of us would) and talking up his new gig.

With the realignment, the ACC is a basketball powerhouse.  Any potential coach knows that the MU job isn't what it was 3 years ago.  It's still a good job, but Buzz talking about the reality of the conference isn't something he should be faulted for.  There's plenty to knock Buzz for but I don't see this as being one of them.

Show a little class on your way out the door.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 05:31:22 PM »
Show a little class on your way out the door.

OK, this board knows I'm not one to defend Buzz (TAMU and Sultan where are you?), as I was very critical of him throughout the season.  I just don't see the logic here.  Has he said anything other than how great his time spent at MU was in a public setting?  I haven't heard him take one swipe at the school.

Explaining your desire to coach in the ACC because the Big East is not the same conference as it was prior is 100% factual.  Denying it doesn't make it less true.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
I wasn't aware telling the truth was frowned upon. Just because he left like a douche doesn't mean what he says isn't true. The Big East is horridly weak and the fox sports 1 ratings this year were on par with reruns at 3am on 24. Why they didn't bring cinci, and uconn along no one will ever know.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »
I wasn't aware telling the truth was frowned upon. Just because he left like a douche doesn't mean what he says isn't true. The Big East is horridly weak and the fox sports 1 ratings this year were on par with reruns at 3am on 24. Why they didn't bring cinci, and uconn along no one will ever know.

because Cincy and UConn are football schools.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 05:46:01 PM »

Ummmm, because both have football???

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 05:47:58 PM »
Whether he's completely veiled it or not, let's be real, Brent doesn't wish MU all the best.  Crean did, KO didn't give a [KO expletive] either way.

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2014, 05:52:15 PM »

Ummmm, because both have football???
Because that would be the 1st time ever that a school would have football in one conference and basketball in another?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 05:58:13 PM »
Buzz loves him certain sportscasters that throw him softballs as questions. He'll take assistants,players and is 10 mill. or
more richer than whence he came here. I thought his family loved it here and he lived like a king..Call me dumbfounded.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »
All the more reason we need to hire Howland NOW...so he can get on TV while the tournament is still going on, and get some free PR of our own.

Or we could sit on our hands a couple more weeks.  I'm sure recruits don't watch the NCAA tournament anyhow....

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »
Buzz loves him certain sportscasters that throw him softballs as questions. He'll take assistants,players and is 10 mill. or
more richer than whence he came here. I thought his family loved it here and he lived like a king..Call me dumbfounded.

Yeah certain is the key word here. He lost his mind when asked how he keeps the team focused during a winning streak.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
buzz isn't saying anything every d1 coach in the nation wouldn't think through when considering the mu job.  they'll also consider buzz, the inside word on why he really left, etc. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
Inadvertently or not, he is taking us down every time he answers the "why did you leave question" Just decline to answer and move on.

Every time this dude gets on TV or radio, he is reaming the conference, the coverage on Fox, etc. Just STFU.

Saying Marquette is a "great institution" then turning around and questioning the strength of the conference is undermining the school that gave him a HUGE break.

Don't worry.

He's doing himself a disservice questioning the strength of the conference that his team was projected to win in the preseason but struggled to even finish .500...

And miss the post-season...

And endure ridicule for not playing his talented freshmen more...

Which resulted in BOOs at the Bradley...

Which hurt his feelings and contributed to him leaving Milwaukee.
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
because Cincy and UConn are football schools.

Not sure that's how I would have worded that...

BTW, aren't you the guy who wrote sports for the Daily News?

Death on call

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »
y
The reason you don't know is answered by your horridly weak assessment of BEast and Fox Sports. Fox Sports has not claimed to be ESPN through Ocho. That takes time.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »
Not sure that's how I would have worded that...

BTW, aren't you the guy who wrote sports for the Daily News?

Yes, sir, I am.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
Yes, sir, I am.

I thought so. We traded emails about 10 years ago. I believe you wrote me your wife lost some people in one of the Towers. Happy to report she got some payback.

Death on call

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »
I thought so. We traded emails about 10 years ago. I believe you wrote me your wife lost some people in one of the Towers. Happy to report she got some payback.

Thank you, sir.

FloorSlapping

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 02:11:18 PM »

Agreed. At some point everyone should realize MU is not a destination job. It is absolutely a great job, great program, but for quality coaches......there will always be better jobs.  Some of the angst comes from the fact that he left for a conference and not a program as Crean did.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 02:19:36 PM »
Agreed. At some point everyone should realize MU is not a destination job. It is absolutely a great job, great program, but for quality coaches......there will always be better jobs.  Some of the angst comes from the fact that he left for a conference and not a program as Crean did.

Destination job is in the eye of the beholder.  Is Gonzaga a destination job? Apparently it is to Mark Few. Wisconsin? How about all the schools that were not destination jobs until a certain coach made them that way,

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »
"It's better to act yourself into a new way of thinking than it is to think yourself into a new way of acting..."  -Brent Williams

feedback